Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unofficial [2020.4.7] update notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 was updated yesterday morning with 2020.40.4.
About an hour ago I received this notification:

Version 2020.40.7

Release Notes
Early Look
Improved Efficiency
Models & Hardware TBD

Your car's range has increased with new software that improves the efficiency of the motors and the climate control system.

Note: These changes do not impact acceleration or overall climate control performance.

Anyone else received this.?

You got this notification in the car and you're currently on 40.7?
Naa, looks like an email from some firmware alert service.

i.e.
"Early Look" and "Models & Hardware TBD"

2020.40.7 seems to be for Model Y, well the range/efficiency boost part of it at least - and perhaps the refreshed Model 3 - guessing it's heat-pump specific

Last edited:
Reactions: MP3Mike
I received the notification just over a hour ago but my car is locked in the garage & i haven't been to see if its updated.
The interesting part is " the increase in range"
I intend to explore tomorrow.
OK, I think the email you received is not directly from Tesla nor is it available for your car.

At time of writing only a handful of Model Y's have installed 40.7.

I think (but aren't sure) that we'll need the heat pump in order to access the extended range. Not currently available in any available models in the UK (yet).

Naa, looks like an email from some firmware alert service.

i.e.
"Early Look" and "Models & Hardware TBD"

2020.40.7 seems to be for Model Y, well the range/efficiency boost part of it at least - and perhaps the refreshed Model 3 - guessing it's heat-pump specific

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201016-224743_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201016-224743_Chrome.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Disagree
Reactions: PACEMD and MP3Mike
OK, I think the email you received is not directly from Tesla nor is it available for your car.

At time of writing only a handful of Model Y's have installed 40.7.

I think (but aren't sure) that we'll need the heat pump in order to access the extended range. Not currently available in any available models in the UK (yet).

If you look at the screenshot, the model dropdown field when expanded includes the M3

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201016-233526_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201016-233526_Chrome.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Disagree
Moderator comment - This thread relates to an unofficial notification and its scope. Please keep information specific to 2020.40.x in [UK] 2020.40.x - global availability of 2020.4.7 is already covered at [UK] 2020.40.x

Id read 2020.40.x and seen no reference to 2020.40.7 so thought it deserved a separate thread. - appologies.
My car is still on 40.4 this morning as I suspected after reading the responses to my thread.
I dont see the point of these notifications if they dont apply to the car!

Id read 2020.40.x and seen no reference to 2020.40.7 so thought it deserved a separate thread. - appologies.
My car is still on 40.4 this morning as I suspected after reading the responses to my thread.

You're getting notifications from a site that has nothing to do with Tesla, other than being a place that collates data from all countries where Tesla vehicles are sold.

To get this, I suspect you've either deliberately or unwittingly subscribed to a service from the website. As @VanillaAir_UK has mentioned, these are not official Tesla notifications.

There are several "rumour and news" websites devoted to tracking the latest rumours about Tesla products, and speculating about changes. Not all of them are accurate, particularly when it comes to Tesla products sold in the UK.

Tesla don't notify you of updates via email. The notifications only arrive via the app. The email appears to be a non-specific promotional communication of some sort. Without seeing the full email with raw source headers nobody will be able to say who it's from!

• Informative
Reactions: Beady3647