Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Update Pushes Model S 100D to 0-60 MPH in 3.6 Seconds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Tesla Model S 100D is faster than advertised, according to a test from drag racing site DragTimes.

A test of a new Tesla Model S 100D produced a 0-60 mph time of 3.6 seconds, nearly 15 percent quicker than the spec provided by Tesla. The online configurator for a Model S says the 335-mile range 100D can hit 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds.

Tesla has been unlocking more power in its non-performance Model S and Model X vehicles. A recent update pushed the Model S 75D to 0-60mph in 4.2 seconds from 5.2 seconds, while the Model X clocked 4.9 seconds, an improvement over a previous time of 6 seconds.

DragTimes also tested the car in the recently added “Chill” mode, which tames acceleration for a smoother ride. The car hit 0-60 mph in 7.2 seconds.

Check out the DragTimes video below.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV3pIZRAwhQ” video_title=”1″][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Last edited by a moderator:
OT: 610hp with AMR backend. Sure traction off the line and the dogleg manual affects the 0-60objective times, but once on the move and in between gear shifts pulls a LOT harder than the MS - and will run circles around it in anything but off the mark in straight line......

Last edited:
got a 100D loaner. Did "feel" a tad faster than the 75 RWD - however what was unnerving was the immense torque steer that would pull the steering wheel to one side under rapid acceleration. I did not expect it the first time and the car almost started going sideways!
Wonder if the P100D has this kind of torque steer too.
Always heard of torque steer, had never experienced it before.

While on the broad topic of acceleration... our 2016 X is VIN 001356, a P90D. An old web article that I just found mentions that the 0-60 for this spec is supposed to be 3.8 seconds. Is that correct?

Q2: I assume there's no "uncorking" available for our X. Right?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
How much difference does this 1ft rollout make in these kind of tests? If Tesla spec 0-60 in 4.1 officially and this test show 3.6 with 1ft rollout can one assume that without it we're looking at 3.8 or there about?

Isn't it also still a difference for the specifications on P-models. Tesla officially spec them with 1ft rollout, but non-P models are speced without?

So there is a good chance that the 100D that was just built a week ago and now is on its transit to me will also be faster than expected? Would be great :D I do not need more that 150mph very often, just on 3 or 4 trips a year, but besser acceleration would be nice to have all the time :D

Just noticed this recent inventory MX 100D with a 4.5 sec 0-100kph. Design Studio is showing the same car with a 4.9 sec 0-100kph. The same improvement on a MS 100D would easily put it well below 4 sec.

Model X 100D 5YJXCCE20HF075523 | Tesla Norge

Screenshot below in case webpage above gets updated...
ModelX.JPG

So simply put -I have a May 2017 Model 100 D advertised at 0-60 at 4.2 -- 1) can it do better than that now? and if not 2) Do I have the option of getting the hardware change to bring me to the non advertised 3.6 Seconds -i.e would upgarding the motor be an option -if so how expensive?