Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Update Pushes Model S 100D to 0-60 MPH in 3.6 Seconds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Tesla Model S 100D is faster than advertised, according to a test from drag racing site DragTimes.

A test of a new Tesla Model S 100D produced a 0-60 mph time of 3.6 seconds, nearly 15 percent quicker than the spec provided by Tesla. The online configurator for a Model S says the 335-mile range 100D can hit 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds.

Tesla has been unlocking more power in its non-performance Model S and Model X vehicles. A recent update pushed the Model S 75D to 0-60mph in 4.2 seconds from 5.2 seconds, while the Model X clocked 4.9 seconds, an improvement over a previous time of 6 seconds.

DragTimes also tested the car in the recently added “Chill” mode, which tames acceleration for a smoother ride. The car hit 0-60 mph in 7.2 seconds.

Check out the DragTimes video below.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV3pIZRAwhQ” video_title=”1″][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting!

My 90D is currently in service today. Weird thing is I just got a notification from my Tesla App saying I have a software update available. Wondering if it’s related to this.

Did anyone just now get notification?