Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update removed Sirius/XM selection from infotainment screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many other people, my Sirius XM app disappeared from my 2020 S class infotainment system. I spoke to customer service on Friday and emailed them a screenshot of the missing app. They said they would refer it to engineers. I now see this is widespread problem so I updated them and pressed for prompt action.

My wife just got a cream puff 2016 P90D with the nose cone she likes. Using siriusXM regularly. Tonight her Sirius was spinning with no channels listed. I did a scroll wheel reset and when it came back - no Sirius. It had 2020.48.37.1 said up to date as of July 31, 2021. I have a 2021 Model S old style and recently lost S/XM. Within 48 hours there was a new update which fixed it. Is there any way to speed up updates some older vehicles have 2021 updates?

Well I had made a mobile appt for this week but then Tesla unilaterally changed it to a repair shop 20 miles away on 8-23, which is ridiculous. Thankfully, a large update was downloaded to my Tesla S today and the problem seems to be fixed. Sirius XM has been restored to the infotainment system.

I have the same problem with my model S 2013. I upgraded the SW yesterday and have the same problem. The earliest mobile service Appt if Aug 10. We have a service center in Rochester, NY, but they tend to hold on to the car for a week as they are overbooked. Reboot did not help and in order to refresh the radio the XM app needs to be present. Annoying!
I have a 2013 as well and the same thing happened for my Sirius connection. Worked well for 8 years now gone and nothing I can do to return it to the audio options

Had 2020.48.37.2
Didn’t install 2020.48.37.6 for fear of losing Sirius
Lost it anyways without installing 37.6
Coincidentally needed a service appt for a 12v battery
I asked them to check out SiriusXm.
When I picked up the car they said after installing 37.6, I still had no Sirius and they’d look at it remotely

But when they brought car up they said it had magically reappeared
So far, so good
Seems completely hit or mis

I've got support working on mine remotely today. They got it back, well, sorta. It's like my audio interface has reverted to the way it was over a year ago now. I don't see the "Sources" option inside the audio options anymore letting me hide TuneIn or Spotify that I don't use. Nor do I see a menu icon for SiriusXM in the ribbon like I used to. Instead, I'm back to having a SXM button inside the Radio beside AM, FM. Very strange. The good tolks at Tesla haven't given up on getting it fixed and I hope to hear back tomorrow.

I read all the previous posts, struck out with the rebooting/power off thing, and texted Tesla Support. The guy said they were aware of the issue and told me that they would have an update sent to my car in the next few days that will fix it. I'll let you know if it worked!

Mines been disappearing ever since they updated to the separate app. It only disappears after it connects to my home WiFi and the next time I get in the car, and will come back after it connects to the cars lte after I drive away a couple minutes. I deleted my home WiFi from the car so it will never connect. Haven’t had the problem since.

We had the same issue on our 2020 X. Brought it into a service center for the shudder issue and reported the SXM issue along with “Parking Assist Unavailable.” The service center asked for a timestamp for when SXM issue happened ahead of time so they were able to diagnose it. They ended up replacing the Infotainment SD card and that seems to have resolved the Parking Assist and SXM issue. I’ll reply again if the issue pops back up again.

Reactions: davezforce
We had the same issue on our 2020 X. Brought it into a service center for the shudder issue and reported the SXM issue along with “Parking Assist Unavailable.” The service center asked for a timestamp for when SXM issue happened ahead of time so they were able to diagnose it. They ended up replacing the Infotainment SD card and that seems to have resolved the Parking Assist and SXM issue. I’ll reply again if the issue pops back up again.
The “Parking Assist Unavailable” error still exists. I sent the service center a note with the timestamp of one of the errors and they said they will look into it. No issues with SXM thus far.

Recently got an update to 2020.48.37.6 on my 2013 Model S. I had been listening to some podcasts and had not noticed that S/XM is gone until this morning. And I mean gone. Like the car never had it and doesn't even have the satellite radio. If you let your subscription lapse or the car gets out of sync S/XM is still there and you can listen to the DEMO channel but there isn't any way to even select that anymore. I tried rebooting but that made no difference. The FM radio still works but I never use that anyway. I like Sirius because despite AT&T and Verizon's claims to the contrary there are large areas of the country with no cell service. And at least until a few months ago SXM would operate without a cell connection. They sort of broke that in that you can't get channel lists without a cell connection so unless you start listening in a place with cell service you can't select any channels. Of course that is not my current problem.

I have scheduled a service at the closest service center (400 miles away) but this should not be necessary. I wish there was a way to regress to the last good software which was version 6 which went away sometime in 2015 or 2016.

Tesla is a great technology company but a terrible software company.

Anyone else seen this? Anything else you can think of to try since a reboot didn't do it.

I am trying and failing at not being angry about this.
Reset your car by holding two rotations small wheels and XM will appear again

I've got support working on mine remotely today. They got it back, well, sorta. It's like my audio interface has reverted to the way it was over a year ago now. I don't see the "Sources" option inside the audio options anymore letting me hide TuneIn or Spotify that I don't use. Nor do I see a menu icon for SiriusXM in the ribbon like I used to. Instead, I'm back to having a SXM button inside the Radio beside AM, FM. Very strange. The good tolks at Tesla haven't given up on getting it fixed and I hope to hear back tomorrow.

Update: it took a mobile tech being on site working with the remote support engineers to get my SiriusXM back online. I’m happily back in business now.