Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates on black MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beautiful, @Raiders! First pics of a black Performance MY owned by a customer on this forum that I've seen. Hopefully I'll have a similar delivery experience. Enjoy your new ride!

thanks!!! This was literally my first time getting inside a Tesla. I’ve been driving an Audi S4 for the last 8 years so I was worried about the build quality I kept hearing about. I’d put this interior up against anything. Soft comfortable pleather, quiet on the road, incredible sound system and the acceleration is like nothing I’ve ever felt before. I hope all of your deliveries go this smoothly.

Reactions: spsheridan
Thanks for the pictures, Raiders! How difficult is it to install the carbon cap kit? Not a big fan of the wood console either, and thinking of getting the same one as you did...

It was a 10 minute job and it fits like a glove. Once you get the piece for the middle console section to fit so the door easily clears, the rest line up easily. Matte carbon looks way better than the wood and shiny black. The shiny black collects dust and scratches easily, especially on the part where you place your keycard. I like the shiny carbon too, but that’s what I had in my Audi and I wanted a different look.

Black with White Perf and 21's in garage in AZ. Will post photos later today. All seems good - but I forgot these no longer have Homelink, so already ordered and have an appt to have it installed at my house next week. Needs front windows and windshield tint and I already ordered new wheels and tires. I traded in my Model 3 and it is uncanny how similar the experience is - I don't even really notice that I'm sitting any higher, etc. (I had an X before the 3). Oh, and I need to figure out the phone charger...

Only issue so far is a mild but constant rattle from the rear hatch area that will be addressed when techs come to do the Homelink.

Black with White Perf and 21's in garage in AZ. Will post photos later today. All seems good - but I forgot these no longer have Homelink, so already ordered and have an appt to have it installed at my house next week. Needs front windows and windshield tint and I already ordered new wheels and tires. I traded in my Model 3 and it is uncanny how similar the experience is - I don't even really notice that I'm sitting any higher, etc. (I had an X before the 3). Oh, and I need to figure out the phone charger...

Only issue so far is a mild but constant rattle from the rear hatch area that will be addressed when techs come to do the Homelink.

Congrats! I’m looking forward to seeing your pics of black with white interior.

I am having issues with the factory wireless charging pad. I have an otterbox symmetry case that charges with every other wireless charger I’ve ever used, but the Tesla one only works without the case. I’m thinking about ordering the Jeda pad....

I was supposed to pick up my white Y awd with 19 inch wheels and black interior to day at 11:00 in mt Kisco NY i live in ct about 20 miles away they called to informed me the car has a cracked glass roof I ask if there was any other issues and was assured all was well they would let me know when the glass would arrived and installed after reading this forum I fell somewhat concerned.

Ordered during the Y presentation last year and the VIN finally showed up in the source today. Seems like forever and a half. Black/Black AWD Long Range 19" Gemini. Worried about my trade-in value since that was valued a couple of months ago before Covid. Another slight concern since I've waited this long is what might be announced on Battery day this month. First world problems :)
Your trade-in quote has expired by now and used car values have declined.
Because the Y is so new, I wouldn't worry about imminent changes from Battery Day.

Hmmm, it's been a few days since and I still haven't gotten word about my trade-in or loan revaluation. I'm actually going to pickup my MY in three hours so I hope there isn't any surprises. I'll update here after.

Been monitoring these forums for a while now and have thoroughly enjoyed reading all the updates and want to do my part.

Ordered 2/1/2020
Black/black non-p induction wheels
Received mvpa on evening of 6/11
VIN: 12xxx
Received delivery text on 6/12
Scheduled delivery 6/18
Thats my exact config and we ordered on the same day. Gives me hope :) would love to see pics with the white interior when you pick it up!

Congratulations! That’s my same configuration! I can’t wait to see photos!!!

MY black/black PUP is scheduled delivery for 6/22 but got a call that it might be a week early
Getting excited
My order date is late 2/2020 and VIN was available in source code about 2 weeks ago
I’m glad I order the black/black after seeing the photos here

Reactions: beezy
As promised, so far, so good.
IMG_5005.jpg
IMG_5006.jpg
IMG_5007.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5008.jpg
    IMG_5008.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 45
Congrats! I’m looking forward to seeing your pics of black with white interior.

I am having issues with the factory wireless charging pad. I have an otterbox symmetry case that charges with every other wireless charger I’ve ever used, but the Tesla one only works without the case. I’m thinking about ordering the Jeda pad....

I ordered the Jeda pad. Be patient as delivery could take up to 3 weeks.

Reactions: Raiders
After speaking over the past few days with a couple of different reps at my delivery center (Marina Del Rey, CA), I received a call from another rep asking me to make full payment today, the day before I pick up the car. I told him I was not going to do that and that I was informed by two other reps at the same location that I could make final payment after I inspected the car. Since my plan is to do a wire transfer through my Tesla account page, he responded that they could do an ACH transfer back to my account if I had any issues with the car. I politely said no thank you, I’ll wait to make payment after I inspect. He then dropped his request but be aware that Tesla will pressure you to pay before inspecting the car even states like CA where you aren’t required to.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: rxlawdude