Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade Options Disappeared?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model X 100D that used to have the FSD upgrade option available - I think it stopped showing up a month or so ago. I just called Tesla and spoke to possibly the worst customer service rep I have ever spoken to at Tesla that without any investigation decided it was probably a code change and at it would appear again soon. I asked what would happen if it didn't appear before the price hike (I've been on the fence about ordering it to get the HW3 upgrade for sometime) and it was basically tough.

Has anyone else seen there upgrade options disappear recently?

I have a Model X 100D that used to have the FSD upgrade option available - I think it stopped showing up a month or so ago. I just called Tesla and spoke to possibly the worst customer service rep I have ever spoken to at Tesla that without any investigation decided it was probably a code change and at it would appear again soon. I asked what would happen if it didn't appear before the price hike (I've been on the fence about ordering it to get the HW3 upgrade for sometime) and it was basically tough.

Has anyone else seen there upgrade options disappear recently?
Leased or bought outright? Have heard that upgrades have disappeared from (some?) lease accounts.

If you read the news today you'll get a shock then!
Take anything Elon says with a massive pinch of salt. I don’t put any faith at all in the whole Robotaxi nonsense, we’re years from that being close to a reality in America where FSD is actually unencumbered, even longer in Europe thanks to UNECE, but if it helps residuals then more power to him.

Take anything Elon says with a massive pinch of salt. I don’t put any faith at all in the whole Robotaxi nonsense, we’re years from that being close to a reality in America where FSD is actually unencumbered, even longer in Europe thanks to UNECE, but if it helps residuals then more power to him.

It was the $1000 increase to $8000 in July ... seems to be reported as a real thing.

It was the $1000 increase to $8000 in July ... seems to be reported as a real thing.

Well according to Elon the eventual value of FSD will be $100,000 :) Nothing like a bit of hype and a price rise to encourage people sitting on the fence to take the plunge but I think if that's the sort of tactic you have to employ to sell these features it's a bit questionable... Make FSD better and it'll sell its self.

I noticed this on my app a few days ago - alarmingly it says "You have all of the eligible upgrades". First thing I did was check the credit card account!

My M3 is leased and it used to show FSD and the acceleration boost as available options. It lists Autopilot under "purchased" but not sure if that's always been there or not.

Still available on my App. £2900 to go from EAP to FSD on a 2019 MS

Great to have a more true cost on the much ridiculed FSD. So the current all in offering at iirc £5800, is really financially 50% FSD vapourware and 50% the well received EAP (enhanced autopilot). Come the pending price rise, believed to be 01/07, its likely to become £6800 or even £7800 if they also retrospectively apply the $1000 increase that was postponed to non US pricing, pending enhanced summon rollout. This increase never happened so is still outstanding unless they dropped it, which would bring in a price discrepancy between US and rest of world pricing

At the point of the Model 3 going on sale in UK, FSD was discounted (by iirc £900) at iirc £4900 until the end of May, so at that point (most FSD discounts became lost in the several repricing's that took place between order and collection), cost of FSD vapourware was £1900 - not unreasonable for what the future promised imho.