Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading stock speakers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The front door speakers are a bolt in swap. The rear doors, center dash, and A pillar speakers are the same on both systems. The outboard dash speakers and rear hatch speakers require an external amp to power them, as well as the subwoofer. Bottom line: the only "easy" swap are the front door speakers.

The front door speakers are a bolt in swap. The rear doors, center dash, and A pillar speakers are the same on both systems. The outboard dash speakers and rear hatch speakers require an external amp to power them, as well as the subwoofer. Bottom line: the only "easy" swap are the front door speakers.
Could I take components from a junk yard Tesla to make this happen? That was my plan.

Awesome! For the subwoofer in the back, is it pretty easy to access an electrical connection when installing it in my current car?
It really depends on what you are doing. If you are trying to replicate the stock system, it will take more than just the parts. If you are installing an aftermarket sub, there is not much difference between this car and any other modern car from a sound system point of view.

I replaced all the door speakers with Focal's and also added a 10" subwoofer in a ported box. I'm planning to find an 8" sub (maybe 2) to put in the additional storage area in the trunk so that it's completely hidden. As it stands now, I kinda have a sub/box exposed every time I open the hatch. I often get questions about my system & setup that I don't really care to answer, but that comes with the territory when everything is exposed.

How much did you guys end up paying for just the front speakers from the UHFS? Do you get more bass and does it blend in well with the other standard sound components?
From a blending standpoint, they are very well matched. I bought the speakers as a set with some other parts so I would say I paid ~$60 or so. I bought the brackets for $20. Both sets of parts were used.

I replaced all the door speakers with Focal's and also added a 10" subwoofer in a ported box. I'm planning to find an 8" sub (maybe 2) to put in the additional storage area in the trunk so that it's completely hidden. As it stands now, I kinda have a sub/box exposed every time I open the hatch. I often get questions about my system & setup that I don't really care to answer, but that comes with the territory when everything is exposed.
Which Focal's and sub did you install? Curious because I'm researching my options, thanks..

Which focal speakers did you install?