Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading to FSD beta - starting subscription until FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I wholeheartedly agree, what you and I feel is worth the price tag, does not hold true for everyone else. There are some who purchased a Tesla for the sole reason of using this functionality, so for them, it is completely worth it.
And then there’s the people who are in the middle, enjoy the excitement and suspense, ride the hype, then learn for themselves. Or is that us? I feel like there’s a good chance he might be one of us 😅

• Funny
Reactions: samori01
I downloaded 2022.44.25.3 last Wednesday. On Friday I decided to subscribe to FSD and opt into the beta.

A few hours later I was downloaded 2022.44.25.5. No minimum required AP miles and my safety score was 30.

So if you're on 2022.44.25.1 or 22.44.25.3 and want FSD beta, now's the best time to subscribe.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
When Tesla had the one-time FSD “sale” a few years ago I brought both cars up to FSD. Total spent on EAP/AP/FSD for both cars was $12,000 ($5000 on one, $7000 on the other). I am not sure it was money well spent even though much cheaper than the $30,000 for two cars today.

I would probably choose the monthly subscription if I wanted half-baked FSD now on City Streets but purchasing EAP if available or sticking with “free” AP seems like better options. Frankly, I think both of my cars will die of old age before we have anything approaching feature-complete FSD.

BTW the current FSD Beta (actually for city streets only) doesn’t work anything like some of the YouTube stars claim. You will disengage it frequently and probably hesitate to use it at all if you have passengers unless you want to annoy/scare them.

Last edited:
Reactions: aerodyne
I got FSD beta last night. I requested it a few weeks ago, nothing happened. A few days ago I opted out, got the holiday update that night. Opted back in and after a day it was available. Seems that it's true, you cannot be ahead of the FSD beta's version to get it.

When I drove out this morning -- nothing changed. When I got to breakfast, rebooted the screen, the opt-in button disappeared and the option to enable FSD beta appeared.

So far so good. I was surprised when I got to a light and it didn't stop for the green light. ;)

I came here to find out why I didn't see the new display on the interstate -- no interstate in this version.

My friend has been waiting almost 2 weeks for FSD beta any suggestions?
Wait faster?

His car may be on a newer software release (2023.2.X) than the current FSD beta release (2022.44.30.10). If so, he will need to wait until a new FSD beta release comes out that is newer than his current software. Tesla generally does not install older software in a car.

I called, they said there's nothing they can do. they said I was que'd to receive it. she then said to message in the app in service as well. But the strange thing is I realized is that it currently doesn't even have autopilot even though it's paid for. It slows down at every green light and i have to push the stalk or gas. at every green light i have to push stalk or gas, and it does not initiate any turns with navigate on autopilot or automatically change into the right lane. Shouldn't those features be enabled?

I called, they said there's nothing they can do. they said I was que'd to receive it. she then said to message in the app in service as well. But the strange thing is I realized is that it currently doesn't even have autopilot even though it's paid for. It slows down at every green light and i have to push the stalk or gas. at every green light i have to push stalk or gas, and it does not initiate any turns with navigate on autopilot or automatically change into the right lane. Shouldn't those features be enabled?
Did you enable them on the autopilot panel?