Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Urgent: Help: Stranded in Modesto. Need an adapter. Will pay.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope they managed to figure out what town they were actually in. There’s no “UC Modesto”.

ah yes there is...
University of California Cooperative Extension, Suite A. Corner of Service and Crows Landing
3800 Cornucopia Way
Suite A
Modesto, CA 95358

also several chargepoints listed for Modesto.

OP is a Silicon Valley Tesla club member so believe it was a legit post. He’s an MX owner but out of urgency probably reached out to Model 3 owners being more prevalent on the road and forum in hopes of seeing his plea.

Last edited:
ah yes there is...
University of California Cooperative Extension, Suite A. Corner of Service and Crows Landing
3800 Cornucopia Way
Suite A
Modesto, CA 95358
That’s a garden, part of the UC Master Gardener program. It’s completely nonsensical to call that facility “UC Modesto” and there aren’t any chargepoints anywhere near it.

At any rate, clearly a mistake by OP, they posted another thread in the Model X forum and correctly identified their actual location as the ChargePoint chargers at UC Merced.

I wish people would use the appropriate regional forums for posts like this. I monitor the California section pretty closely but only occasionally wander into the Model 3 area and almost never the Model X forums. I could have helped out OP.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
Since I use my Clipper Creek EVSE to charge our Volt and MY, I bought a second J1772. One is ALWAYS in the car, the other is ALWAYS in my garage.
Nm2lfen.jpg

I don't like walking and neither does my wife.

Moral of the story: AAA is still valuable for EV's. Sure, Tesla will Tow you if the vehicle breaks down. But if you mess up, i.e. run out of power, it's on your dime. And if you pay for AAA+ they'll cover $1000 in trip interruption coverage. Like if your car breaks down over 100 miles from home and Tesla has to take it for a few days to fix it, AAA will pay for lodging and food.

It would be nice if there was some way to use a Tesla to give another Tesla a "jumpstart"... a way to transfer, say, 5% of battery capacity to another vehicle in a relatively short period of time. Maybe 20 minutes?

Moral of the story: AAA is still valuable for EV's. Sure, Tesla will Tow you if the vehicle breaks down. But if you mess up, i.e. run out of power, it's on your dime. And if you pay for AAA+ they'll cover $1000 in trip interruption coverage. Like if your car breaks down over 100 miles from home and Tesla has to take it for a few days to fix it, AAA will pay for lodging and food.
I'm looking to get AAA, I don't see that $1000 thing. Which membership level does that?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200811-143520_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200811-143520_Chrome.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 57
I'm looking to get AAA, I don't see that $1000 thing. Which membership level does that?

Each AAA “club” offers different benefits. At least here in the Northeast, the AAA Plus level offers the trip interruption coverage. I do carry AAA Plus, and it’s come in handy over the years, not just for me, but other family members. As long as I’m with the broken down vehicle, it’s covered.
56636343-E70D-46DB-AA2C-7AF03E81A066.png

• Informative
Reactions: eevee-fan