Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USA S/W 42.2 19e7e44 but no NoA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you get NoA to finally appear? Did you have to get the SC to manually update your maps? I've got an appt tomorrow to have the maps manually loaded. I'm hoping that once the new map pack is loaded the constant data to/from my car and Tesla will stop. Plus I'll finally get to try out NoA for myself.

I called tech support and they told me that they would need to push new maps to my car, ~18 hours later the option appear in settings but I can tell you that no maps were downloaded - at least not using my WiFi connection - and no message appear anywhere, I needed to go check the settings

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
I’m in the same boat received 42.2 a week ago without Navigate on Aitopilot, called the next day and was told a patch would be sent to the car to fix my outdated maps and to wait 3-4 days and call back. I called back today because the Navigate on Autopilot was still missing. After waiting on hold for 45 minutes was finally able to speak to someone who spent about 30 mins trouble shooting and reviewing the cars logs to no avail.

In the end was told to just keep waiting. I don’t feel like this issue is going to be solved by just waiting, my car is always connected to strong Wifi so something else is obviously going on that’s preventing it from receiving whatever it needs to receive to get Navigate on Autopilot.

Actually found useful that when I called Tesla I wasn't near my car so I skipped all the reboot steps that I've already did at home before calling

• Funny
Reactions: bollar
I’m in the same boat received 42.2 a week ago without Navigate on Aitopilot, called the next day and was told a patch would be sent to the car to fix my outdated maps and to wait 3-4 days and call back. I called back today because the Navigate on Autopilot was still missing. After waiting on hold for 45 minutes was finally able to speak to someone who spent about 30 mins trouble shooting and reviewing the cars logs to no avail.

In the end was told to just keep waiting. I don’t feel like this issue is going to be solved by just waiting, my car is always connected to strong Wifi so something else is obviously going on that’s preventing it from receiving whatever it needs to receive to get Navigate on Autopilot.
Did you see my post above that I went to the Svc Center (Westmont) and they installed the maps there? On my way home from the Svc Center my console (MCU) display rebooted and I had the NoAP options.

6SwAGLE.jpg

Did you see my post above that I went to the Svc Center (Westmont) and they installed the maps there? On my way home from the Svc Center my console (MCU) display rebooted and I had the NoAP options.

6SwAGLE.jpg

Thanks, I might give that a try. Did you just stop by or did you schedule an appointment? I looked at scheduling one today, but the next available date was 2 weeks from now.

Thanks, I might give that a try. Did you just stop by or did you schedule an appointment? I looked at scheduling one today, but the next available date was 2 weeks from now.
I just went in mid morning during a lull. I worked with a service person K.S. It was Mon 11/5. I went in with all the details handy of what I had done up to that point to solve it (dates when I got the update, called to get maps, etc). Basically since I was driving up during what I hoped was a lull I wanted to be as efficient as I could be for them (and other customers) and me.

I didn't get a notification, but they obviously pushed down a new vehicle configuration because NoA showed up yesterday and I got a satisfaction survey for my service visit. No new update or notification for the NoA feature, but if I open up the old release notes it mentions NoA now. The bundle they pushed was small, no noticeable change in daily down/upload before it went active.

Checked in with U.S. support today, since this was the last day of the quoted 5-7 day anticipated delay period (based on the workload of the diagnostics group). ... I was told in no uncertain terms that the map pak required for NOA is done by a robot and that there is no way to 'poke' or prod' it to quicken the pace. They acknowledged that the previous support rep wrongly quoted me a timeframe, and apologized -- but said essentially, "...you get the map pak when you get it."... I told him that this is no way to run a railroad, that there's no reason why this needed to go down like this (placing Tesla support on my s-list, so to speak). All they need to do is to communicate. But this is not Tesla's forte´, to put it mildly... I'm guessing that many Service Centers got unneeded extra work from this mess, and someone probably just put the kibosh on that. :~

Reactions: redscott
Went to my SC appointment this morning to get the map pack manually installed. Took no longer than an hour and it was done. After getting back in the car, the NoA option was there and I was able to enable it and set the customize option to Mad Max. About an hour later I got the firmware update from 42.2 to 42.3. I have not had a chance yet to try out NoA but will tonight. Also, since I have not been home to connect to my home WiFi yet, I do not know if this will also fix the constant data downloads and uploads I've been seeing ever since V9 (39.6) was installed a month ago. Will report back later about this.

I just received a call from Tesla. Since I had called twice about this they wanted to reach out to me. They did say that I could call to schedule an appointment with SC to get the Maps manually downloaded. However, they did give me these suggestions to see if it will help since my car is showing PENDING.

1. Make sure I am on solid WiFi.
2. My car should be allowed to go to SLEEP. So, do this:
a. Do not plug in my car unless I need a charge. Unplug after I charge it. If I can.
b. Remove any 3rd party Apps on my phone that could wake up the car.
c. Change TeslaFI to NOT wake up the car.
I actually knew about this setting and let him know.
Uncheck Enable Logging under Settings / Account.
I also disabled my schedules but I assume that other overrides this.

I did get my last set of maps in early Oct. 2018 with all of the above active. But maybe it took much longer to get them.

Since I have a road trip over Thanks Giving Weekend I might just schedule an appointment for first available and then cancel if I get the update.

EDIT: Earliest availabilityThursday, November 29 <--- That will not work

Last edited:
that there is no way to 'poke' or prod' it to quicken the pace
This is BS.

2. My car should be allowed to go to SLEEP. So, do this:
a. Do not plug in my car unless I need a charge. Unplug after I charge it. If I can.
b. Remove any 3rd party Apps on my phone that could wake up the car.
c. Change TeslaFI to NOT wake up the car.
I fail to see how this makes a difference.

I forgot how the thing decides what to do but basically it only downloads when the car is NOT sleeping and it would prevent the car from sleeping if it does sleep. Once the download is complete it would then perform a (lengthly) verification and then the next time the car sleeps it would switch the maps out. Obviously you need to be on wifi.

I saw instances when the download progress would stop at 98% and would not resume. It does not help that their maps servers are often half down so when you try to connect, chances are the connection fails and the car will sleep some more before trying again. With a hit rate of 10% that's a lot of retries.

The best thing to do if you are sure your car is downloading something (see dl stats) is to make sure it does not sleep (disable sleep in settings, enable always connected, make sure you are on wifi).

Becoming very frustrated by this. Called tech support a few nights ago, waited 45 minutes, then did the whole runaround with the agent. First I was told I don't have EAP, but the "mid-level autopilot package", which was news to me of course. Then he changed his mind on that and was told my car installed the latest firmware update successfully but some "modules" have not installed correctly. Maybe he meant "maps" by this, I don't really know. Said the quickest fix is to get a mobile service appointment to have the car updated manually.

He opened a ticket to have exactly that done. Mobile service tech called the next day and left me a message saying "the latest firmware installed fine, nothing to see here, just wait for the next update", and now won't return my calls.

So, yeah. That's neat. Go Tesla.

Also, since I have not been home to connect to my home WiFi yet, I do not know if this will also fix the constant data downloads and uploads I've been seeing ever since V9 (39.6) was installed a month ago. Will report back later about this.
I’m happy to report that getting the maps manually loaded has also resolved all the extraneous data downloads and uploads with Tesla. The 9MB/hour download and 3MB/hour upload that has been going on for a month since I got the 39.6 update have stopped.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
This is BS.

I fail to see how this makes a difference.

I forgot how the thing decides what to do but basically it only downloads when the car is NOT sleeping and it would prevent the car from sleeping if it does sleep. Once the download is complete it would then perform a (lengthly) verification and then the next time the car sleeps it would switch the maps out. Obviously you need to be on wifi.

I saw instances when the download progress would stop at 98% and would not resume. It does not help that their maps servers are often half down so when you try to connect, chances are the connection fails and the car will sleep some more before trying again. With a hit rate of 10% that's a lot of retries.

The best thing to do if you are sure your car is downloading something (see dl stats) is to make sure it does not sleep (disable sleep in settings, enable always connected, make sure you are on wifi).
I was reporting exactly what the CS guy told me. Which I never needed to follow in the past. And I did get 6-7gb download the prior month or so for the older maps. Anyway, I tried those instructions yesterday afternoon and nothing so far. And I have not touched the car for about 15 hours. If there is any true to it could it be that the servers check if the car is "sleeping" and if so then do the download. I.E. The car is doing nothing so now a good time to download?

I’m happy to report that getting the maps manually loaded has also resolved all the extraneous data downloads and uploads with Tesla. The 9MB/hour download and 3MB/hour upload that has been going on for a month since I got the 39.6 update have stopped.
Same - SC visit manually updated my maps and now NoA is available and functional. Spot checking my WiFi upload/download shows far less traffic to/from the Telsa - was an approximate 3:1 download:upload ratio for the past month+ before this fix.

Same - SC visit manually updated my maps and now NoA is available and functional. Spot checking my WiFi upload/download shows far less traffic to/from the Telsa - was an approximate 3:1 download:upload ratio for the past month+ before this fix.
I not sure if I should feel happy or sad that I'm not the only one that this was happening to. I'm just glad all is well now. Glad to hear yours is too!!

Interesting thread. I'm one of those who did not get NoA with the 42.2 update. I was pretty bummed like many posters in this thread. I saw all the fixes and frustrations with SCs. I did call a SC once but wait time was over 30 min so I hung up. I do not commute or use freeways very often because of being a FT caregiver for my dear wife. So immediate "need' for this was low and I thought I might as well relax and wait for the next update. Then today I had a break with a Hospice nurse watching my wife and went out for some errands and checked the menu again as I have done about every other day and I now have it and everything seems fine. So one strategy is just to wait and see if the problem will be resolved on its own. Again I did nothing special--it just appeared. No ulcers or arguments/frustrations with SCs. Not a bad way to go. Yes, I know, it is vexing to see everyone else enjoying it while you are dead in the water--but it seems like in this case patience is an effective option.