Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Use of nav hides traffic indicator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too found this to be problematic, with the blue line covering the traffic flow indicator. Just finished driving a brand new loaner where the traffic display was to the side of the blue driving route. I asked at the repair station about it and was given some story about it being "firmware" not a software fix. In the OC-LA area easily seeing the upcoming traffic can be crucial.

I too found this to be problematic, with the blue line covering the traffic flow indicator. Just finished driving a brand new loaner where the traffic display was to the side of the blue driving route. I asked at the repair station about it and was given some story about it being "firmware" not a software fix. In the OC-LA area easily seeing the upcoming traffic can be crucial.

This has been a problem since the beginning. What software version was this loaner?

LOL. Yeah, my point was, what do you want the software to do? I'm having a hard time seeing how the map could show both traffic and route without overlapping them.

Glad you got my nerdy joke!

How about more colors.... traffic is green, yellow and red. Route is blue.

Traffic with route could be two ways:

A color mix:
Teal, orange, pink or some other "blend"...
Or a pipe:
Blue on the outside with standard traffic colors inside.

LOL. Yeah, my point was, what do you want the software to do? I'm having a hard time seeing how the map could show both traffic and route without overlapping them.

Bring all colors of traffic to 'front' except green :) or send the blue route color to 'back' for only green. This way you see the route everywhere where there is green and traffic for everywhere else.

The loaner's nav showed a blue line for the route. Parallel and abutting the blue line, not under it, was the traffic flow indicator - Yellow, red, and red and black. Very easy to see upcoming traffic on route.

Think it depends on zoom level with how well you can see the traffic. The Nav line definetly gets in the way and we have the latest forward.