Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4/13
Received this via email:

I am reaching out to let you know that right now your vehicle is in the planning stage of delivery. Once that is completed your vehicle will be delivered. The planning stage can take 7-15 business days.

........whiskey tango foxtrot?

Also phone rep stated our account still wasn’t in a “paid” status. Delivery guy is still MIA.

Car is still in San Diego.

4/13
Received this via email:

I am reaching out to let you know that right now your vehicle is in the planning stage of delivery. Once that is completed your vehicle will be delivered. The planning stage can take 7-15 business days.

........whiskey tango foxtrot?

Also phone rep stated our account still wasn’t in a “paid” status. Delivery guy is still MIA.

Car is still in San Diego.

Wow. WTF indeed.

I haven't gotten an update. My advisor said he'd let me know mid to end of week re: an ETA and I didn't want to be a pest and was going to email on Wednesday. Like I said, I haven't even made any payments other than the initial $2500 and he knows I will be bringing a cashiers check from my bank when I pick up the vehicle - so now I'm worried that the car hasn't moved at all.

I'm calling the 800 now to get confirmation.

@Saxgod

ok - just got off the phone with someone from the 800 number.

As per that person, my car HAS NOT moved from MA yet and she would be emailing logistics to get that going. The hell? Why didn't that already happen last week or even THIS MORNING through my advisor.

Second, she confirmed that the status does not have to show as PAID for the vehicle to move.

We'll see, maybe the advisor will email me tomorrow with some kind of ETA. WOOOSAHHHH

I hear ya - I really just want the car here already! (It really only has been 10 days since order placement - 6 if you only count business days lol)

lol yes you’re right. This wait is killing me. Even going in and telling myself this was going to take a while didn’t help.

Thanks for listening and keeping up with this drama. Feels good to have someone else waiting for the same payoff. lol

5/13
Just received an update from DA, there is an appointment to pick up the car with an ETA of 5/17 in Austin. He said he didn’t think it would be ready for this weekend but heck we are getting closer. Definitely by next weekend I’m guessing.

Here what im experencing right now. Bought my car in San Diego and supposed to be shipped in Costa Mesa. I think this is all bull-crap

April 27

=======

Put my deposit down. Filled out everything that was required. DL/insurance/registration/ and downpayment.

April 29

======

Got an email from Nichol Demienne the used vehicle sales advisor that David Li will be contacting you shortly with the next steps!

Same day David email me stating what i need to do (DL/insurance/registration/ and downpayment.) Which I emailed him that is already done.

April 30-May 9

===========

Called and emailed and no word from anyone from Tesla.

May 9

======

David called and stated that my car will be delivered by May 14 and there was a delay because the back passenger door did not function right.

May 13

======

No word to confirm the date of pickup. Called Costa Mesa DS and they said my car is still in San Diego and the door is not fixed yet and i wont get my car prob before Saturday.

5/13
Just received an update from DA, there is an appointment to pick up the car with an ETA of 5/17 in Austin. He said he didn’t think it would be ready for this weekend but heck we are getting closer. Definitely by next weekend I’m guessing.

I like how it went from 7-15 business days to his weekend. lol.

Is your final destination Austin? Either way.. there's movement! It's almost there for you! lol

Here what im experencing right now. Bought my car in San Diego and supposed to be shipped in Costa Mesa. I think this is all bull-crap

April 27

=======

Put my deposit down. Filled out everything that was required. DL/insurance/registration/ and downpayment.

April 29

======

Got an email from Nichol Demienne the used vehicle sales advisor that David Li will be contacting you shortly with the next steps!

Same day David email me stating what i need to do (DL/insurance/registration/ and downpayment.) Which I emailed him that is already done.

April 30-May 9

===========

Called and emailed and no word from anyone from Tesla.

May 9

======

David called and stated that my car will be delivered by May 14 and there was a delay because the back passenger door did not function right.

May 13

======

No word to confirm the date of pickup. Called Costa Mesa DS and they said my car is still in San Diego and the door is not fixed yet and i wont get my car prob before Saturday.

That sucks - here's hoping that my car doesn't have anything that needs to be fixed and it'll be ready to go (whatever date that may be)

I like how it went from 7-15 business days to his weekend. lol.

Is your final destination Austin? Either way.. there's movement! It's almost there for you! lol

Right? rofl
I just worry that if it weren't for me being such a pain would anything have happened at this point? My final destination is Austin Pond Springs Delivery Center. This is about 2.5 hours from me. It was either that or San Antonio and I much rather be in Austin for the weekend ;)

Reactions: beecuesee
Right? rofl
I just worry that if it weren't for me being such a pain would anything have happened at this point? My final destination is Austin Pond Springs Delivery Center. This is about 2.5 hours from me. It was either that or San Antonio and I much rather be in Austin for the weekend ;)

Agree! I'm going to start being a pain myself see if I can get things moving. =)

Keep us updated!

Hey All: I’m going to document my experience to date and this will be even more relevant to those of us in TX where the process is different. My intent is not to complain as I was prepared given the detailed posts I had read (and am satisfied so far) but to add more color to the process.

Apr30-May 1: Found the 2015 Model S 85D with the options I wanted, requested pictures which I received the next day (no visible issues I saw as car looked awesome) and pulled the trigger with a CC deposit that night after a quick carfax check on the VIN which showed it was clean.
May 2: Used car sales advisor reach out congratulating me and describing next steps online via email. I called him and left a VM. He returned the call later and said my car was in a different warehouse than advertised (where I planned to originally pick-up) but they would ship to TX to make up for it. He gave a me 5 minute overview and the 2-3 week timeline for delivery. I emailed him my trade-in offer from car max (tip: get this done in advance as they will just match it). Later I got an email informing me who my DA would be.
May 3-12: Radio silence. Patiently sent 3 emails to delivery advisor every few days. I called and left my sales advisor a VM. He promptly emailed the DA and asked him to call me.
May 13: I decided to walk in to a local Tesla gallery (frustrated) and ask the staff to lookup my VIN and they confirmed it had already been delivered and they were looking to get delivery scheduled in a few days!! Also that the MVPA was now available so I should get it soon. Surprised I logged into my account and sure enough the details are there. I emailed my DA and asked him to send it to me asap. 1 hour later I get MVPA which looks good and forward it on to my lender. Loan process gets going and my lender confirms that once they get a guarantee doc from Tesla, the loan will be approved and check on its way. I pay the remaining balance via ACH later that day.
May 14: All items are handled by noon and I'm waiting now for a call to setup the delivery appointment. At 4pm I decide to be proactive to call the service center. The rep who picks up says that my plates just arrived but she is waiting for confirmation from my DA that funding is completed but will setup an appointment for 5/16 at 10am tentatively and will reach out to the DA. They still need to complete inspection and get the car ready.

Hoping for the best on Thursday and excited...

That is absolutely insane. Did you ever get the paperwork via fedex or ups? I was told this all Had to be done before delivery. Where did the car ship from?

I wish we had a private forum where we could list DAs and SAs we had dealt with.

If you see a black p85 let me know lol

That is absolutely insane. Did you ever get the paperwork via fedex or ups? I was told this all Had to be done before delivery. Where did the car ship from?

I wish we had a private forum where we could list DAs and SAs we had dealt with.

If you see a black p85 let me know lol

Will do! Mine shipped from Seattle. Given how chaotic this process is we’ll see if they have the car ready.