Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5/17
Car is still MIA. ETA from DS was 5/17 but all documentation shows it as having a carrier assigned in San Diego. Emailed a multitude of people and will update when on the off chance, someone actually replies.

I am thinking I will name this car after my son..who also after much waiting and anticipation arrived nearly 2 weeks overdue...lol

5/17
Car is still MIA. ETA from DS was 5/17 but all documentation shows it as having a carrier assigned in San Diego. Emailed a multitude of people and will update when on the off chance, someone actually replies.

I am thinking I will name this car after my son..who also after much waiting and anticipation arrived nearly 2 weeks overdue...lol

lol! dude.. maybe you'll get a surprise call this afternoon saying its ready.

5/17
Wife talked to someone extremely helpful. They emailed both our DS and logistics. Turns out the car IS in fact sitting in San Diego waiting to be picked up still. Between Logistics and the DS they are doing "everything possible" to get the car out today. The new ETA is 5/20...I still love Tesla...but I swear their DS and logistics team must work for big oil... hahah j/k

Reactions: beecuesee
5/17
Wife talked to someone extremely helpful. They emailed both our DS and logistics. Turns out the car IS in fact sitting in San Diego waiting to be picked up still. Between Logistics and the DS they are doing "everything possible" to get the car out today. The new ETA is 5/20...I still love Tesla...but I swear their DS and logistics team must work for big oil... hahah j/k

omg... lol!

• Funny
Reactions: Saxgod
Side question for you all: does this section on your account page get updated with the estimated day of pickup?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 83
5/17

I know the wait is painful and I wonder what is going on in San Diego with logistics delays. Hoping it gets to you soon! I will say this - a few days in it and I'm forgetting the delivery experience. The guys at Pond Springs are great and your car should be prepped nicely.

5/18
We drove up to Austin today and visited the Austin Ponds Delivery Center/ Show Room. It was pretty big and had a pretty large parking lot and large attached garage. The parking lot was absolutely packed with Tesla’s. Mostly used and a handful of new S3&Xs. The showroom had a single Model S in it. We walked around and found a could of older MSs that would look like our future car. Then drove over to the Domain Tesla store to check out a 2014 S P85d that is a test drive unit. One thing for sure, no matter the year of the S, they sure are sexy. Can’t wait.

Reactions: beecuesee
Side question for you all: does this section on your account page get updated with the estimated day of pickup?
If it helps you, that last “requirement” on my Tesla account for delivery information never got updated, even up to and after delivery, despite confirming the delivery details. That one “incomplete” really bugged me but delivery went off without a hitch.

5/18
We drove up to Austin today and visited the Austin Ponds Delivery Center/ Show Room. It was pretty big and had a pretty large parking lot and large attached garage. The parking lot was absolutely packed with Tesla’s. Mostly used and a handful of new S3&Xs. The showroom had a single Model S in it. We walked around and found a could of older MSs that would look like our future car. Then drove over to the Domain Tesla store to check out a 2014 S P85d that is a test drive unit. One thing for sure, no matter the year of the S, they sure are sexy. Can’t wait.

I was expecting your post to say that your car was there all along waiting for you.. lol!!

• Funny