Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 fw version 2019.32.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone confirm if text messaging is finally accessible in this update? Elon state’s it was coming in v10. Haven’t heard anyone mention about it. Hopefully it’s coming in a later version.

Attachments

• C38F6325-A5B6-440F-B5E2-1B446527A601.jpeg
    C38F6325-A5B6-440F-B5E2-1B446527A601.jpeg
    586.4 KB · Views: 68
Can anyone confirm if text messaging is finally accessible in this update? Elon state’s it was coming in v10. Haven’t heard anyone mention about it. Hopefully it’s coming in a later version.
It's not in this release. But as others have pointed out.... Every release between now and v11 will be a v10 release, so I guess if we get it in the next year or so, he technically will still have delivered on this tweet-promise

Got 11 today and was wondering what ever happened to the whole stop light and roundabout detection they were talking up so much some time back. They made it sound like it would be released months ago, still nothing. They sort of fixed the dancing cars but it seems their solution was just to hide any cars that would have been dancing previously so not much there. The ability to pinch around the driving viz is entirely pointless and I can pretty much guarantee won't ever be used by anyone after the first few drives seeing if it really works.

The biggest question though is in Cuphead with an xbox controller in the tutorial screen where you duck and then jump up to the block and then how do you get up to the higher second platform from there? Run-jump from the first block doesn't work. Climbing it doesn't work. Nothing I could do would get me to the top of the second higher block to finish the tutorial. ? They really should get rid of the crappy old atari games though and save the space for a couple more nicer games. Would be cool if they let you download games to the usb storage.

I can see how if I used my car for more then just 20 min to work and back getting a netflix or spotify subscription might make sense.

Not a fan of this new update.

Nags come fast and furious and typically within 10 seconds. Usual issue whereby holding steering wheel can still get you a nag.

With no speed limit, stop sign or red light detection and enhanced nag AP is just not as beneficial to me.

I drove for over 30 miles this morning on autopilot. V10 HW 2.0 FSD.

Not one nag when I just hold the wheel at 7 o’clock. That weight is more than enough to give enough torque. Besides, that’s what people should do anyway. Hold the wheel and then you can be ready for a quicker takeover and also notice if the car steers weird.

Not a fan of this new update.

Nags come fast and furious and typically within 10 seconds. Usual issue whereby holding steering wheel can still get you a nag.

With no speed limit, stop sign or red light detection and enhanced nag AP is just not as beneficial to me.

It's you...hold the steering wheel differently so that you're using the weight of your arm to apply force to the steering wheel. My husband gets constant nags; I never get any. He holds the steering wheel like he's holding a baby bird. I hold it at 4 o'clock and allow the weight of my arm to apply force.

• Love
Reactions: SO16
It's you...hold the steering wheel differently so that you're using the weight of your arm to apply force to the steering wheel. My husband gets constant nags; I never get any. He holds the steering wheel like he's holding a baby bird. I hold it at 4 o'clock and allow the weight of my arm to apply force.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!! The nags are a non issue if you do what you are SUPPOSED to do. Keeping your hand on the wheel allows for quicker takeover and sensing of any weird steering movements.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!! The nags are a non issue if you do what you are SUPPOSED to do. Keeping your hand on the wheel allows for quicker takeover and sensing of any weird steering movements.

The problem here is the force difference between it thinking you are paying attention and holding the wheel and the system deactivating and swerving in the direction you are applying constant pressure isn't very big. It is actually hard for some people to apply enough force with the weight of their arm to avoid the nudges and not enough to over-ride the autopilot. It is really hard to find a comfortable balance of the two for some. You are just lucky that your resting arm weight and comfortable position happens to fall in the grey zone. I have been trying to find that sweet spot in my m3 for a year now and still haven't found it.

The problem here is the force difference between it thinking you are paying attention and holding the wheel and the system deactivating and swerving in the direction you are applying constant pressure isn't very big. It is actually hard for some people to apply enough force with the weight of their arm to avoid the nudges and not enough to over-ride the autopilot. It is really hard to find a comfortable balance of the two for some. You are just lucky that your resting arm weight and comfortable position happens to fall in the grey zone. I have been trying to find that sweet spot in my m3 for a year now and still haven't found it.

Perhaps steering wheel size plays a role as well. Some day I will have to drive a Model 3 again and try this out. It takes quite a bit of torque to disengage my autopilot. At least, enough torque that it requires a known “effort” to do so.

Perhaps steering wheel size plays a role as well. Some day I will have to drive a Model 3 again and try this out. It takes quite a bit of torque to disengage my autopilot. At least, enough torque that it requires a known “effort” to do so.

holding at 4 as many suggest and resting the weight of my arm will disengage autopilot. Also at those positions it is quite uncomfortable position for my arm to remain for much time. Most comfortable is to hold it near my lap but that requires a concerted wrist torque to sustain so i end up just nudging it periodically which is a hassle. Sometimes it still complains even when nudging it often.