Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 release notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only had my model 3 for 2 months. I was so excited anticipating an update once it was announced. My wife said I was more excited about those than when our kids were born! However ......now they are getting a little depressing as the self driving abilities have been less than advertised from day one start and I've been hanging on to the idea that "the next big update" is around the corner and all be good. Come on Tesla! Lets launch this bad boy! Even my Ford rental could self-drive quite well on the freeway! I'm glad you are waiting to get it right but at this point I'd like a new conservative date for expectations.
I just want to say first that the free updates that improve our cars exponentially are awesome. No other vehicle I’ve owned has had features added or improved after purchase. Even my old Leaf didn’t have this capability.
Now, having said all that and specifically referring to the FSD capabilities I must say I’m a little disappointed after having paid for FSD a year ago and not having substantial FSD features such as at least stop light/sign recognition with city driving. Honestly, if I got only that for my FSD purchase along with the other current FSD features I’d be ecstatic.

I would like to see a small part of the Rental car infrastructure before the Tesla Taxi Network.... Then I can loan out my car like on Turo and understand the how Pass a key access to a renter. how to charge overage for car not returned on time. How to manage milage limits. Pass Super Charging cost to the renter. Manage Guess profiles within the screen. Limit or get notification of range the car is driven, if I were to limit the radius of 1000 Miles. etc....

Do you honestly think there is any chance this whole robo-taxi thing will actually go live in the next 3 years? I don't. I'm betting that between finishing FSD and getting regulatory approval for the driverless car part this is still 5-10 years off. And it doesn't sound to me like there are any intermediate plans to implement a car sharing service, ala Turo, in the interim.

I just want to say first that the free updates that improve our cars exponentially are awesome. No other vehicle I’ve owned has had features added or improved after purchase. Even my old Leaf didn’t have this capability.
Now, having said all that and specifically referring to the FSD capabilities I must say I’m a little disappointed after having paid for FSD a year ago and not having substantial FSD features such as at least stop light/sign recognition with city driving. Honestly, if I got only that for my FSD purchase along with the other current FSD features I’d be ecstatic.
Not trying to be an ass, but did you not research this at all before buying?

I must say I’m a little disappointed after having paid for FSD a year ago and not having substantial FSD features such as at least stop light/sign recognition with city driving. Honestly, if I got only that for my FSD purchase along with the other current FSD features I’d be ecstatic.

Uh?! The website specifically says that those 2 FSD features are coming later this year.

The website says....

Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.

and has said that for 6+ months.

Out of all the promises of FSD I think this is the most misrepresented and I'm shocked a class action hasn't risen out of it yet. If they just moved it to the coming soon list they'd be fine, but they're advertising it as if it's a feature right now and it's not.

OK, but by the time the OP here posted those, they were already in the public domain.

Tesla V10: first look at the update and new features - Electrek

As for your second comment, I am pretty sure that Tesla love the fact this is being leaked and generating hype. It's free marketing for them.

Because they were leaked by someone in the EAP.

I agree the games are “cute” and make the brand look fun, but I seriously hope the coding pipeline has the games as an addition of opportunity, not that they’re actually assigning programmers to work on games and stuff.

Perhaps with level 5 autonomy these will become more valuable??

I know. Just like enhanced summon, etc. Btw, the website also said those things since last year when I purchased. Time will tell.

FSD has been sold since 2016! I think the poster asking if you researched this was referring to this fact. There are a number of people upset that it hasn't been developed much over the past three years. Some that don't even own the vehicle they paid for it on any longer.

Be happy that the car is getting new stuff often. Too many whining going on. Also shouldn’t share these EAP materials. Someone needs their agreement in this program revoked.
"Be happy"? We have prepaid for the FSD functionality. We're not waiting for some charity from Tesla.

And other car makers don't sell features that don't yet exist.

Reactions: beachmiles and tvad
Haven't seen any of the FSD features, or what's under the hood, but on the surface, I can't see how this is considered a major revision.

I mean, v9 was just a new 3D visualization as well as nav on autopilot (which launched after the initial v9 release? maybe I'm mis-remembering), at least for us Model 3 owners. Model S/X owners got a major UI update. Was it a major revision under the hood? Probably, but who knows. I'm sure most "major" features will come after the initial release anyway.

Lol.
Most of this thread is not about version 10 release notes. It’s just about the same old group of guys whining and complaining again. Ha Ha.

If I was Elon, I would avoid giving beta software and capabilities to this group at all costs.

Would any of you really want to give free software, or a new product to someone you knew ahead of time, would just whine and complain about it simply because that’s what they enjoy doing most.?
Lol.

While everything you said is most likely true, he could you know... just not say things on Twitter like all FSD will be in early access.

Reactions: M109Rider
"Be happy"? We have prepaid for the FSD functionality. We're not waiting for some charity from Tesla.

And other car makers don't sell features that don't yet exist.

This is precisely why I didn't buy FSD. Too much promise, not enough delivery. If they actually add something I really want it's just a software upgrade (costing $6k+) to get me up and running. But if they don't then I saved myself $6k.