Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 release notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm bummed there is no ability to add premium connectivity to cars without it.
Why would Tesla put effort into video games and ignore a potential income stream?

Probably two very different developers/teams working on those two things.

Premium connectivity might require some sort of deal with their LTE provider. We don't know what the status of that is. Maybe they're the hold up here.

This forum is full of this misguided and almost angry loyalty to a company that doesn't care about them, it's odd.

Just the complete opposite. You’re perspective is missing the inclusion of the hidden lies and same old offerings, other auto makers have fed you, that you’ve lapped up.

Tesla is the only maker that “if you’re able to see it”, actually cares.

No one can open your eyes for you. .. :)

I mean, v9 was just a new 3D visualization as well as nav on autopilot (which launched after the initial v9 release? maybe I'm mis-remembering), at least for us Model 3 owners. Model S/X owners got a major UI update. Was it a major revision under the hood? Probably, but who knows. I'm sure most "major" features will come after the initial release anyway.

Complete redesign of the UI for s/x owners, and yes, navigate on autopilot came a few weeks later.

Owner: Not to sound ungrateful or anything, but I'd really like text messaging support because I'd use that like, everyday. Not just on road trips, but like everyday.

Tesla: Your car can now perform an emergency appendectomy!

Owner: I mean, wow. That's really...amazing that a car can do that, world's first I'm sure. I'm sure it will come in handy...at some point. Maybe this is just me, but it seems easier to like, add waypoints to nav? Especially since a lot of cars have it and people are expecting it on a car that can do an appendectomy?

Tesla: Where's the freakin' love, man??

Just the complete opposite. You’re perspective is missing the inclusion of the hidden lies and same old offerings, other auto makers have fed you, that you’ve lapped up.

Tesla is the only maker that “if you’re able to see it”, actually cares.

No one can open your eyes for you. .. :)

Your statement is ignorant, how much wider do my eyes need to be opened if I own a Tesla? Thank you for making my point, and so clearly.

I'm bummed there is no ability to add premium connectivity to cars without it.
Why would Tesla put effort into video games and ignore a potential income stream?

What effort?

All the games were developed by others, not Tesla (most of them decades ago by atari).

Only tesla effort was adding them to a menu. Like 5 minutes work.

As to income- Tesla makes great cars but is borderline incompetent as an actual business.

They've been missing out on data revenue from S owners since January 2018 when the first S cars ran out of "free" data but keep getting it free anyway because Tesla can't figure out how to bill their own existing customers for a service they're already giving them.

Ditto the 3 owners now beyond 1 year free data who are still getting it free.

That's without even getting into "new" customers for data like the SR/SR+ folks.

Reactions: PoitNarf
I just want Spotify!

Spotify has been a popular request for long time although I have warmed up to some of the included free Slacker radio channels. Their main problem to me is they don't have enough content within each "station" so you start getting loop back to song you already heard that drive pretty quick. Especially if you been using the dislike icon to skip songs from a "station" so it doesn't repeat for you again.

The thing I use most myself is my own playlists through Amazon Streaming Music app via my cell phone.

Reactions: diplomat33
A lot of interesting but useless stuff, and unfortunately missing a lot of the most requested features such as Sentry Mode viewing, text msg integration/Carplay/AA.

The real meat of this update will be whatever improvements have been made to AP algorithms/training under the hood.

There is improvement to AP if the car is now able to detect difference between different types of lanes markings and show that visually. They are moving towards Advance Summon releasing wide and also working towards Navigate on Autopilot to continue once off highway (needs traffic lights and road signs detection / handling related features as a pre-requisite).

The part I am most happy with in this update is that Sentry Mode filling up the USB drive will not longer stop Dashcam from working. Having to delete out older files from my 128GB once a month or so was annoying requirement to be able to keep Dashcam and Sentry both on in case of need.