Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 is going to be HUGE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have an agenda or an eyesight problem, but it seems many do!

I do happen to know several people older than me (and younger too now I think of it) who have a range of different sight characteristics. All are deemed perfectly safe to drive, but all might find reading digital displays more challenging under certain circumstances.

If this link works, see how mild cataracts make lights go fuzzy.

https://www.aao.org/image.axd?id=d200310a-8cd2-4c09-b9aa-b69bb99d6a75&t=635870233328670000

I am sure there is a valid argument against reducing fonts below a certain size or positioning readouts where they could reasonably be obscured (Model 3 RHD).

Actually, I can live with the smaller fonts, but the low contrast motif is baffling. Gray on white is ridiculous. It's not so bad at night. And the razor thin regen line is inexcusable given the amount of white space available.

Anyway, it seems Tesla is still way, WAY off from releasing more FSD functionality and this was a "toss 'em a bone" release. The intent being to distract us with the shiny object of the rotating parked car with doors and windows that open/close. The other UI features were probably baked into that build.

My issue is not that the fonts are small, it’s that they’re smaller for no reason.

My display is now a nonsensical jumbled mess of icons and an enormous amount of low-contrast dead space. It’s a UX disaster.

D443A1E5-1E5E-4E86-8BD2-DC1F375C75D4.jpeg

My issue is not that the fonts are small, it’s that they’re smaller for no reason.

My display is now a nonsensical jumbled mess of icons and an enormous amount of low-contrast dead space. It’s a UX disaster.

View attachment 627557

I agree with this guy. They pretty much made half the screen empty white space. If you aren't on a highway it's mostly nothing even in that side of the screen. It doesn't make sense to waste the space.

View attachment 627557

Imagine for a second that perhaps there are some more UI changes coming in the visualization like real time navigation directions and more information coming for those spaces. It's not for "no reason" when you don't know what the reasons are. Remember this isn't finished. Keep whining.

• Disagree
Reactions: DanCar
I can read the UI.

I can also read your large font.

I can also tell that you're trolling and not making a good point.

What you're right about is where things become fuzzy for me.

I'm sorry you're upset about your free updates in an evolving UI where Tesla has openly stated it's not complete yet. Perhaps it's best you sell your car if you're so upset.

I'm sorry you're upset about your free updates in an evolving UI where Tesla has openly stated it's not complete yet. Perhaps it's best you sell your car if you're so upset.

I'm sorry too.

I'm sorry that you cannot admit that your opinion, which you are entitled to, is in the minority, and that most people disagree with you. And that because you're in the minority, instead of just accepting that, you chose to tell everyone else who disagrees wit you to "stop whining", "sell their car", that it's our "first car" and we're coming from "Priuses", as if that's supposed to be an insult. I hate Priuses and still don't consider it an insult.

I'm also sorry that you cannot understand that people complaining about something that's clearly a step in the wrong direction is so egregious that you think we should sell our cars. Height of overreaction.

We're entitled to your opinion. You're entitled to yours. I've seen plenty of people who have disagreed, and have said they have no issue with the UI, they like it, and even like it better. But for some reason, you've taken it upon yourself to call people out for having a differing opinion in an antagonistic manner.

Perhaps it's best if YOU sell your car and move on to a brand where no one ever complains about anything, and it's just an echo chamber of self-congratulation. After all, you seem to be the one who has gotten themselves all worked up over nothing.

I'm also sorry that you cannot understand that people complaining about something that's clearly a step in the wrong direction is so egregious that you think we should sell our cars. Height of overreaction.

I've had people suggest selling my car because I don't like how Tesla is screwing people over with FSD. Pretty firmly believe that if people think that's the rational "solution" to the problem, they're not worth engaging with anymore and I throw them on ignore.

Liking the product doesn't mean that you're not allowed to dislike aspects of the product or the company.

I'm sorry too.

I'm sorry that you cannot admit that your opinion, which you are entitled to, is in the minority, and that most people disagree with you. And that because you're in the minority, instead of just accepting that, you chose to tell everyone else who disagrees wit you to "stop whining", "sell their car", that it's our "first car" and we're coming from "Priuses", as if that's supposed to be an insult. I hate Priuses and still don't consider it an insult.

We're entitled to your opinion. You're entitled to yours. I've seen plenty of people who have disagreed, and have said they have no issue with the UI, they like it, and even like it better. But for some reason, you've taken it upon yourself to call people out for having a differing opinion in an antagonistic manner.

Perhaps it's best if YOU sell your car and move on to a brand where no one ever complains about anything, and it's just an echo chamber of self-congratulation. After all, you seem to be the one who has gotten themselves all worked up over nothing.

I bought my Tesla for the performance. What I'm finding is that most people in Tesla groups have seemingly never driven a car before. Wait until you see the size of the fonts on the gauge clusters of other cars! Wowee boy are they small!

uhhhhh. is it year end yet? Or do we have to wait (again) until 2022? (asking "for a friend" that paid in 2016 for FSD and is still waiting......)

I'm pretty sure at this point that anyone who paid for FSD before Tesla repackaged everything back in 2019 will see the end of their car's useful lifespan before getting what they paid for.

"Oh cool, my car is 11 years old and has 170,000 miles on it and they're going to release L4 functionality any day now, super glad I paid for FSD back when I got it!"