Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 - Navigation is unusable at night!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 LR 2021.44.30

Dark mode maps still look the same - almost impossible to see the streets.

I can't believe the dumpster fire this "update" turned out to be.

They also removed the estimated arrival at your destination on the navigation - There is TON's of empty space right next to your destination name to put that info, is not like it was removed to save space. Now you gotta press the turn by turn box, scroll all the way down to the bottom to see that info.

Tesla... Why?

They also removed the estimated arrival at your destination on the navigation - There is TON's of empty space right next to your destination name to put that info, is not like it was removed to save space. Now you gotta press the turn by turn box, scroll all the way down to the bottom to see that info.
I still see the arrival time, but it’s at the top of the turn-by-turn area. I didn’t see it at first and thought it was missing.

Reactions: Transformer

Are you sure about this? Destination ETA is very clearly present for my car. It's on the bottom "tile" of the nav view, either when in its compacted state, or when extended.

I still see the arrival time, but it’s at the top of the turn-by-turn area. I didn’t see it at first and thought it was missing.

Are you sure about this? Destination ETA is very clearly present for my car. It's on the bottom "tile" of the nav view, either when in its compacted state, or when extended.

Ah crap. I meant estimated arrival "CHARGE". mah bad.

Attachments

• 20220107_071808.jpg
    20220107_071808.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 61
Estimated charge on arrival is there. You have to extend the nav (vertically), and scroll all the way down to the bottom. But it's there.
I know, but is annoying that you have so swipe and swipe all the way down when it was there before and is not like the space saved is been used by something else.

They are just removing things just cause, same with the song time remaining time - again just empty space.

Reactions: Sporty
Destination arrival percentage has not changed in its presentation. It has always been at the bottom of the turn-by-turn directions list.

I agree that it would be great to add it to the line of info containing ETA and distance remaining.

I have become very fond of having the energy app pinned to the bottom bar. I’ve always found it very helpful when on the road and it’s even easier to access now.

I have become very fond of having the energy app pinned to the bottom bar. I’ve always found it very helpful when on the road and it’s even easier to access now.

I've said this on a couple other threads, but I'll add it here, too: it would be really great if Tesla would release the Energy app for the new Model S/X. The old S/X have it, as do all the 3/Y. But not the newest flagship cars. WTF, Tesla?

<climbing down from the soapbox>

I've said this on a couple other threads, but I'll add it here, too: it would be really great if Tesla would release the Energy app for the new Model S/X. The old S/X have it, as do all the 3/Y. But not the newest flagship cars. WTF, Tesla?

<climbing down from the soapbox>
I hadn't heard this before. Really, no energy app? I use that all the time, and find it absolutely essential for road trips. That's an amazing omission.

Reactions: planetary
I am on 2021.44.30.5 on Model Y and noticed the map looking dim and low contrast in night mode. Even the blue navigation line looked washed. Kind of like the screen having a tinted screen protector, but only the map area. All other UI is fine. I then rebooted the car using the two finger on buttons method… fixed! Issue is that this returns every time and rebooting the car isn’t a solution. 99% sure it’s a bug since a reboot fixed it temporarily on two occasions.

Reactions: pbar
I am on 2021.44.30.5 on Model Y and noticed the map looking dim and low contrast in night mode. Even the blue navigation line looked washed. Kind of like the screen having a tinted screen protector, but only the map area. All other UI is fine. I then rebooted the car using the two finger on buttons method… fixed! Issue is that this returns every time and rebooting the car isn’t a solution. 99% sure it’s a bug since a reboot fixed it temporarily on two occasions.
What's the "two finger on buttons method" ?