Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 quick controls toggle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TBrownTX

Dec 25, 2020
Dallas, TX
Got V11 this AM, pretty cool so far. Question though…I had the mini version of the qick controls come up one time, and now it defaults to the full screen version. Anyone know if there’s a toggle or how the mini quick controls window is supposed to work?

Tim

Last edited:
They did make it look like there would be "quick controls" during the little in-car demo that I watched this am. I was wondering the same exact thing lol
I thought for sure by long holding the car icon, it would pop up. No dice.

This is actually a good feature request for a future update, long press the car icon for a quick controls menu... 😊

I agree! I thought that would be slick, and would go well with the HVAC quick controls.

Would prefer they change the behavior of the HVAC too, selecting the fan pulls the full panel, you have to go up for down for quick controls. Long press instead would be great.

All that being said, between the blind spot camera, distinct sub control, and dark mode I am really digging this update!

TIm

I agree! I thought that would be slick, and would go well with the HVAC quick controls.

Would prefer they change the behavior of the HVAC too, selecting the fan pulls the full panel, you have to go up for down for quick controls. Long press instead would be great.

All that being said, between the blind spot camera, distinct sub control, and dark mode I am really digging this update!

TIm
Is the dark mode a more daytime friendly version? I tried it but still think it's a bit dark when wearing sunglasses.

They did make it look like there would be "quick controls" during the little in-car demo that I watched this am. I was wondering the same exact thing lol
I thought for sure by long holding the car icon, it would pop up. No dice.

This is actually a good feature request for a future update, long press the car icon for a quick controls menu... 😊
I thought the same thing! Spent a good half hour this morning trying to figure out how to pull up that nifty little quick menu until I figured out there's no such thing. I'm generally all for Tesla's minimalist aesthetic but the antipathy for wiper controls remains confounding, especially since the camera based auto wipers on the Model 3 are mediocre at best.

This is actually a good feature request for a future update, long press the car icon for a quick controls menu...
In v10.x, long pressing the car icon submits a screenshot of the current screen to Tesla as a bug report. I haven't tried yet under v11 to see if the behavior is the same.

Maybe swipe up on the car icon for quick controls could be added as a future feature.

Reactions: Siciliano
Anyone know how to get PSI readings? I upgraded and swiping left / right on the pane doesn’t show it anymore.
You have to tap on the car icon in the bottom left to open the menus, then go to "service". The first thing you see will be the car with he four tire pressures. Yes, it was much better before to be able to quickly swipe while driving.

You have to tap on the car icon in the bottom left to open the menus, then go to "service". The first thing you see will be the car with he four tire pressures. Yes, it was much better before to be able to quickly swipe while driving.

I hated those swipe cards at the bottom, and am so glad they are gone. For some reason I always had to do it 2 or 3 times to get it right, and then I'd find I went the wrong way. Just like USB-A ports. Now it's just two simple touches, to each his own I guess.

Tim

I hated those swipe cards at the bottom, and am so glad they are gone. For some reason I always had to do it 2 or 3 times to get it right, and then I'd find I went the wrong way. Just like USB-A ports. Now it's just two simple touches, to each his own I guess.

Tim
I'm with you on this one. The starting point for the swipe had to be just right otherwise it didn't trigger. For something like that it's better to have it accessible from the menu.

Last edited: