Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@TexasTezla I do not want to have to talk to my car to get access to something that was easy before, and fast.

By the time TPMS raises a concern, one or more tires is not just low, they are "too low". TPMS is for folks that don't know or care about keeping the car in the best operating condition; I easily notice EV efficiency is notable off when tire pressures aren't precise. I'm not alone in thinking this is important.

It's this kind of thinking that really peeves me off about Tesla/Elon and the voice apologists. Because someone can't understand the value of something, it's ok to make some excuse about how it will be ok and here's an inconvenient workaround so shut up about it..
It is easy to check now...it takes pressing two buttons instead of a swipe. Look, we can go round and round for hours. You dont like it and I prefer the cards gone. Tesla will ultimately decide what they want to do.

@TexasTezla I do not want to have to talk to my car to get access to something that was easy before, and fast.

By the time TPMS raises a concern, one or more tires are not just low, they are "too low". TPMS is for folks that don't know or care about keeping the car in the best operating condition; I easily notice EV efficiency is notable off when tire pressures aren't precise. I'm not alone in thinking this is important.

It's this kind of thinking that really peeves me off about Tesla/Elon and the voice apologists. Because someone can't understand the value of something, it's ok to make some excuse about how it will be ok and here's an inconvenient workaround so shut up about it..

I don't have a zillion followers on Twitter so I won't fool myself into thinking he gives 2 sh1ts about my concerns.
The last time I got a low tire pressure warning I was about half a psi out. I can’t imagine a more precise warning

@TexasTezla Yep so much better, 2 clicks vs one. Super improvement

Your argument is actually exactly mine; you don't want the cards don't use them, do 2 clicks. But let the use customize what they want

And you're right, Elon/Tesla don't give 2 hoots about our argument either. Cheers
I am not arguing anything. I am just fighting back against all the doomsayers who refuse to believe I prefer v11 over v10. Nothing more. I am just giving a solution to a perceived problem. You can take the solution or not. I am not getting flustered about this!

Why would Tesla have an update to keep the operators eyes off the road even more than it was before? This is a horrible update. I enjoy the car as a safe mode of transportation. That silly update to make the car "dance" to music is too much. All the one touch buttons that were on the home screen are now gone. I can't wait for the Cadillac Lyriq to come out.

LOL at this TMC blog poster reviewing his PLAID S on December 11th:
V11 - the current UI seems cobbled together and unfinished

And yet, they pushed V11 to Model 3 owners. I *really* want V10 back.

Reactions: Benbo and M3-Ita
Why would Tesla have an update to keep the operators eyes off the road even more than it was before? This is a horrible update. I enjoy the car as a safe mode of transportation. That silly update to make the car "dance" to music is too much. All the one touch buttons that were on the home screen are now gone. I can't wait for the Cadillac Lyriq to come out.
Oh really?

I am not arguing anything. I am just fighting back against all the doomsayers who refuse to believe I prefer v11 over v10. Nothing more. I am just giving a solution to a perceived problem. You can take the solution or not. I am not getting flustered about this!

ar·gu·ment
a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong
"there is a strong argument for submitting a formal appeal"

ar·gue
exchange or express diverging or opposite views, typically in a heated or angry way
"I wasn't going to argue with a gun"

Reactions: ContrarianDC
I think I was down to 37psi from when I got a warning. Very good sensors in my opinion. For me they negate the need to constantly fret about tire pressure and have proven to be sound.
That is what I expect and way too low for me; cold pressures in my car are set to 45. If it gets to 42 or so I have clearly been amiss in my maintenance but that's me, everyone should be free to do as they please w/o someone else telling them what should be important to them!

The last time I got a low tire pressure warning I was about half a psi out. I can’t imagine a more precise warning
That has not happened for me. I keep them at 42psi and pretty much if they hit 40 I fill them up. I’ve seen 39 with no warning given. Is there a setting someplace to control when I want an alert?

I think the answer here is to improve the customization features. Remove recently used for at least the bottom of the display (it would be fine on the pop up window) and provide more apps/shortcuts that drivers want. Eg defrost front, back, wipers, tire pressure. Give good options and let people choose what they want for the customizable space.

I also agree that it would be great if the vertical split was movable. The old bigger map, and super large rear camera view, was awesome. A differentiator actually. How many other cars had some an awesome field of view on those things? None. Now it’s only marginally better then any other car.

ar·gu·ment
a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong
"there is a strong argument for submitting a formal appeal"

ar·gue
exchange or express diverging or opposite views, typically in a heated or angry way
"I wasn't going to argue with a gun"
And as I said, I am not trying to persuade others. I don't care what others think about v11. I was merely trying to help people that are frustrated about changes. Take it or leave it. Let's not bother going round in circles anymore eh?

• Disagree
Reactions: ContrarianDC
That is what I expect and way too low for me; cold pressures in my car are set to 45. If it gets to 42 or so I have clearly been amiss in my maintenance but that's me, everyone should be free to do as they please w/o someone else telling them what should be important to them!
Tesla are the ones telling you what is important, not me. Blame them if you must. And no, everyone should NOT be free to do as they please but that is a conversation I am not going into here!

This is actually fun to watch. We tried to warn you. We being the Model S and X owners that had to endure the debacle that was version 9 when it first took over our screens and changed everything and removed functionality from our cars. What model 3 owners there were at the time seemed to feel as if they were above that and that it was unimportant and that we would get used to it and that it was changed just because it had to move to a more modern user interface based on a landscape screen.

Now maybe some of you have a better idea why Model S and X owners were so upset at the time. Some of the functionality that I lost going to version 9 never returned. It has been a permanent downgrade. Welcome to the club now you get it!

We have two Teslas . We bought them to drive and now with the new software update they have changed from being cars to entertainment centers. The lack of voice commands for important driving information have been lost and hidden under a couple of layers of difficult to find features on the screen. We didn’t buy the cars to go to the movies or be entertained but to enjoy the driving features of the best electric vehicle available. Note to Tesla: Pay more attention to driver safety and easy access to driving features and less to entertainment.
We bought Tesla stock a number of years ago with the IPO price and have enjoyed all of our magnificent gains but if things keep going the way they are we will continue to lose tens of thousands of dollars a week as we have In the past few weeks. Please pay attention to driving features and not entertainment features. Thank you.

This thread is about a UI update that most owners seem to think is very bad. You have responded with "... but voice commands...". The voice commands haven't changed with this update, and are not relevant. I'm happy that the car provides voice commands, although I typically only use them for a navigation destination.

The software UI is very important, and in no way do voice commands make it less important. Prior to v11, my vehicle had voice commands AND a fairly intuitive software user interface.

I have no problem with using the new UI right now but it is a step backwards.

If V11 and V10 were swapped I feel like we would all be saying yea this is good stuff.

V10 was elegant. V11 is just not.

This is just my opinion. I don't think it's a safety issue or it ruins the car. I am just annoyed because I have had the previously pleasant UI experience.

Reactions: Benbo
It is easy to check now...it takes pressing two buttons instead of a swipe. Look, we can go round and round for hours. You dont like it and I prefer the cards gone. Tesla will ultimately decide what they want to do.
For me, it took 2-3 swipes, since ½ the time the swipe would just spin the car view around instead of bringing up the card. Same for tire pressure. I prefer the V11 approach overall.