Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for playing, but given that you live in Orange County, maybe your opinions on features primarily used in colder climates don't mean much and the opinions of those who actually use them do?

Well if we’re playing this game, i drive at a latitude northern to you, and toggling on the defroster is easy.

Press temp button once, and it presents the defroster option. Whats problematic about that?

This is good to read. I'll follow my own suggestion and make a service appointment just for this problem. I tweeted the mess to Elon on Christmas but I doubt anyone saw my post.
Be sure to open an NHTSA complaint as well. If it's a safety issue (like playing games while driving), they'll compel an update from Tesla. In this case they should, all the changes require you to look more at the display than the road for common tasks.

I also opened a mobile service appointment to be rolled back to V10.

Be sure to open an NHTSA complaint as well. If it's a safety issue (like playing games while driving), they'll compel an update from Tesla. In this case they should, all the changes require you to look more at the display than the road for common tasks.

I also opened a mobile service appointment to be rolled back to V10.
Thanks. Yes, someone in my local Facebook group suggested the NHTSA complaint, too. I will be doing that.

I tried to give it a chance. People always resist change. But true. My wife and I have two Model 3's, and we keep denying the update in the other one. I think will all this feedback about the disappointment, they might change many of the features back on the next update. For the first time I am thinking into looking into other electric cars for a at least a test drive. If only I could reset it back to the way I got the first one in 2018. Then I could set the autopilot to my standard 83 on 6 lane one way highways with minimal traffic. At least I can turn down the warning chimes that have never been correct in preventing a collision.

There is actually an update sucks thread? I'm not sure why my message was moved here. I just need a functional UI. I don't have any issue with other updates.
Anyway, it'll be sad to part with both cars, hopefully the i4 will have a more usable UI and/or physical buttons for an old fart like me.

Because the thread you started said "I cant drive the car like this, I have to drive my BMW". Thats pretty much the definition of "I dont like this update", and this thread is one of the many that are giving that feedback on their opinions on V11.

Well if we’re playing this game, i drive at a latitude northern to you, and toggling on the defroster is easy.

Press temp button once, and it presents the defroster option. Whats problematic about that?
What’s problematic about needing to tap two things instead of one when you’re covering over 100 feet per second and the second target requires concentration and precise targeting? Is this a serious question?

Yeah, what next? PIN to Defrost?? People are gonna start getting pulled over for using their climate controls... it's becoming the new texting while driving.

I see what happened now. Elon was feeling public pressure to deliver a Christmas update, so they pushed the S/X software on 3/Y users so that we could have a *light show*... LOL.

Right before v11, an update made climate control worse (cold car), then v11 came to destroy most of the UI, then the latest update has reduced the font size of navigation search results and I'm having a hard time seeing them without taking my eyes off the road for too long.

Super, super disappointed. It's not even the same car anymore. Tesla has intentionally destroyed my very expensive vehicle :(

Hated my model y since the day I picked it up. (Not to mention the whole dealership xperience). downloaded the update in the hope of an improvement.. hate the car even more now… luckily I have another car so I can leave this POS in the carpark and drive my alternate…..
Strange new users that critic Tesla and had only 1-2 messages post on this teslamotorsclub blog

Exactly. The changes might have been OKAY in isolation…but when they occur together, there are some really odd - and hopefully unintended - issues.
Found another one today. I touched the temperature to open the climate control screen. I turned on the rear defrost and adjusted the temperature. When that happens, a slider bar opens above the temperature that covers up the seat warmer button. I had to wait a few seconds for the bar to go away before I could adjust the seat warmer. The climate control screen is huge, there is no reason the icons should be placed so that the temperature slider bar should cover other buttons.

I know, I'm stupid for not using voice commands or the mini climate control menu. But if they are going to have the big climate control screen why would they design it this way?

😃 I work for a US owned company and my US based colleagues understand me perfectly. Tesla model 3 not so much…

I have a bog standard western US accent. Very generic. For some reason voice recognition systems can't understand me. Humans tend to have no problems. It reminds me of a cop drama we watched once that was mostly serious, but the main detective had this quirk that motion activated systems would never see her so doors wouldn't open, automated faucets wouldn't turn on, etc.

Scottish accents can be difficult for Americans (and apparently a lot of British too from what I hear). I think Frankie Boyle is hilarious but I sometimes have to listen to his monologues several times to fully understand the jokes. (I watch and listen to a lot of programs from other English speaking countries.)

Though I think the toughest English dialect to understand is Singlish (from Singapore). I wonder how the car deals with that.

Reactions: MrSpock
Anyone else feel like the M3 screen is cramped now? I want to see more of the map not a mini version of myself driving.
I don't think it is more cramped than after the December 2020 update but you are correct the version before December 2020 had more room for the map and the backup cameras showed a wider view. That was much more helpful than increasing the size of the display that shows my car driving. If I want to see where other cars are positioned or see stop signs and traffic lights, I can always just look out the windshield!

Reactions: MrSpock and Sporty
I always laughed everytime a new update came out and you guys would complain. I am not laughing now as i I think v11 is a mess. Fortunately, we have the benefit of Tesla fixing it. I am not sure what they were thinking when it was approved as it makes no sense.

• Icons look cartoonish. Makes my car seem less premium
  • Why remove the profile button? Switching to a new profile is a MUST with more than one driver
  • When i am supercharging, i couldn't figure out how i was charging. Ah, there it is. Tucked into the top left most corner which you can barely see.
  • As others have said, key items are buried. No need to rehash this but what is the rationale here?
  • Something seems off with the climate system. I don't remember my windows ever fogging this much nor the heater blowing this much cold air.