Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
km added now shows on the app after i charge, not miles added. NEVER have i changed to km (I'm in the US). and the top of the app clearly shows range in miles. how does this crap get thru quality control? so unacceptable that it's a god damn joke of an update. wow.

and the sentry/dashcam controls are now separate? how the blank do u review recorded incidents after the initial tap here goes away? good god this is just stupid, stupid, stupid. How do i even know the damn thing is recording? it used to be WAAAAAAAYYYYYY simpler.

Fog lights are not part of the headlights control? u tap yet another menu button to get there?????!!!!!

I hate my car and Elon Musk now. great job there, Tesla.

What specifically do you think degraded with the new update and should be easier?

Most everything improved:

-auto seat warmer. not only does it auto set the temp, it knows whether a seat should be heated based on detection of passenger.

-temp control is multi-controllable with swipe, click, slider, mini pop-up, and full menu popup.

-full card for odometer. 2 clicks and i see all the measurements simultaneous, without having to scroll through.

-clicking stalk gives pop-up with direct access to lamps, auto highbeam, AND foglights.

-waypoints AND editing of itinerary.

-charging info always visible

etc
I agree. They could add the buttons for defrost back though.

Reactions: holmgang
km added now shows on the app after i charge, not miles added. NEVER have i changed to km (I'm in the US). and the top of the app clearly shows range in miles. how does this crap get thru quality control? so unacceptable that it's a god damn joke of an update. wow.

and the sentry/dashcam controls are now separate? how the blank do u review recorded incidents after the initial tap here goes away? good god this is just stupid, stupid, stupid. How do i even know the damn thing is recording? it used to be WAAAAAAAYYYYYY simpler.

Fog lights are not part of the headlights control? u tap yet another menu button to get there?????!!!!!

I hate my car and Elon Musk now. great job there, Tesla.

A little over the top. There is a robust market for your car.

• Disagree
Reactions: tyguy and finman100
Hated my model y since the day I picked it up. (Not to mention the whole dealership xperience). downloaded the update in the hope of an improvement.. hate the car even more now… luckily I have another car so I can leave this POS in the carpark and drive my alternate…..
You don't even have a Model Y. You are just an account created to spread FUD. You talk about dealership experience...what dealership???

• Disagree
Reactions: tyguy and finman100
What’s problematic about needing to tap two things instead of one when you’re covering over 100 feet per second and the second target requires concentration and precise targeting? Is this a serious question?
You don't need to tap two things...just swipe up from the bottom of the screen...you do that without looking! Then hit the target like you did in v10. yeah, lethal eh? LOL

Yes, this! Both our Teslas have upcoming appointments for unrelated things. I made sure to add items to each complaining about the new UI and as ALWAYS, I complained about the fact that we still cant have text messaging working properly on Android phones in a Tesla.
Sadly, the SC gave stock answers and the cold shoulder with my rollback request. They did admit they're getting lots of negative feedback about this update and that is being passed on, but I take that with a grain of salt.

I have a bog standard western US accent. Very generic. For some reason voice recognition systems can't understand me. Humans tend to have no problems. It reminds me of a cop drama we watched once that was mostly serious, but the main detective had this quirk that motion activated systems would never see her so doors wouldn't open, automated faucets wouldn't turn on, etc.

Scottish accents can be difficult for Americans (and apparently a lot of British too from what I hear). I think Frankie Boyle is hilarious but I sometimes have to listen to his monologues several times to fully understand the jokes. (I watch and listen to a lot of programs from other English speaking countries.)

Though I think the toughest English dialect to understand is Singlish (from Singapore). I wonder how the car deals with that.
I work for a multinational and have colleagues across the globe. The only people who don’t understand me well are middle Englanders! 🙈 😀 Colleagues in US, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Hong Kong, and beyond understand me just fine and some comment I don’t even sound Scottish. It’s just annoying having people who have owned a Tesla for years criticising newer owners for not being happy with their suggestion to use voice command when it simply doesn’t work for many. And when you live in a wet climate and things like auto wipers don’t work, well, automatically, you need them right there within one tap! So for all the fun stuff which as a new Tesla owner I know will mean I will grin ear to ear every time I get into the car for years to come, it would just be nice to have the option of adding a few simple car controls onto the Home Screen… 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: Sporty
What’s problematic about needing to tap two things instead of one when you’re covering over 100 feet per second and the second target requires concentration and precise targeting? Is this a serious question?

Here’s another serious question for you: how long after defrost turns on to be effective vs how long does it take you to make the 2nd press?

Oh my god - the delta between 3.0 second and now (3.0+0.3) is now your life and death

For “precise targeting” - the defrost button is now closer to the driver. Cuz thats all the difference in the world right

Guys, im covering 100 feet per second going into fog. To turn on fog lights:

V11 - flick left stalk forward, toggle 1 button on screen near wheel

V10 - press Control, and then press Light, and then press Fog, all in 3 separate areas of screen to target

Because this is about visibility v10 is totally problematic and super unsafe right?

Anyone else feel like the M3 screen is cramped now? I want to see more of the map not a mini version of myself driving.

From the start I always preferred the two screen setup in the Model S/X. You can have critical driving information in front of you and everything else to the side. The landscape oriented screen is a better orientation than the original S/X portrait. The bottom of the screen where the climate and radio controls are is only slightly below the dashboard instead of way down there. But I still like having controls in front of me too.

I work for a multinational and have colleagues across the globe. The only people who don’t understand me well are middle Englanders! 🙈 😀 Colleagues in US, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Hong Kong, and beyond understand me just fine and some comment I don’t even sound Scottish. It’s just annoying having people who have owned a Tesla for years criticising newer owners for not being happy with their suggestion to use voice command when it simply doesn’t work for many. And when you live in a wet climate and things like auto wipers don’t work, well, automatically, you need them right there within one tap! So for all the fun stuff which as a new Tesla owner I know will mean I will grin ear to ear every time I get into the car for years to come, it would just be nice to have the option of adding a few simple car controls onto the Home Screen… 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think I have an understanding of UK culture a lot like many of you have of American culture, from tele. I do see a lot of cultural tension between the Scots and the English. There is historical bad blood there too of course. The English may not want to understand you.

Back early in my career I worked with a Scottish immigrant who was a brilliant engineer and programmer. He started programming in the early 1960s and had to make d with KB of memory instead of the GB we have today. He once told me that his accent marked him as the absolute bottom of the class pecking order. I know he grew up poor and I think it was in Glasgow. He got a scholarship to university and graduated with honors, but had trouble getting work in the UK because of his accent.

He emigrated to the US in the late 50s and he said everyone in the US thought his accent was interesting and exotic.

It would be nice to have some more customizability of the screen. Back in the earlier days of the Model S you could customize the screen to a fair extent and you can still customize what shows up in the sides of the instrument cluster. I have the energy display on one side and the trip odometer on the other. I would like to be able to fully customize the bottom part of the center screen to have the controls I need most on a single tap.

Reactions: Kjag

V10 - press Control, and then press Light, and then press Fog, all in 3 separate areas of screen to target

Because this is about visibility v10 is totally problematic and super unsafe right?

People turn off their fog lights in the eu? Serious question. We don't commonly do that in the USA.

So then this perfectly illustrates why v11 is a major regression in many ways. What we needed was v10 with a button on the bottom for fog lights. What we got instead was everything important behind menus... except fog lights.

People turn off their fog lights in the eu? Serious question. We don't commonly do that in the USA.
that's…illegal. in the USA.

i was talking about the defogger earlier, but since you decided to bring this up, i'm not sure who was holding up v10 as good in terms of light controls. they were in fact just as bad as everything is in v11.

it's funny you bring this up actually. i hated that in v10, to turn on the rear seat heaters, you had to bring up the climate panel, turn them on, and then turn off HVAC. so v11 doubled down on it and now forces you to do the same dance for the front seats too. neat!

no one is suggesting that v10 was perfect. rather, the point is that v11 is a regression in ergonomics and safety. obviously v10 had room for improvement too, but on balance was better.

that's…illegal. in the USA.

i was talking about the defogger earlier, but since you decided to bring this up, i'm not sure who was holding up v10 as good in terms of light controls. they were in fact just as bad as everything is in v11.

it's funny you bring this up actually. i hated that in v10, to turn on the rear seat heaters, you had to bring up the climate panel, turn them on, and then turn off HVAC. so v11 doubled down on it and now forces you to do the same dance for the front seats too. neat!

no one is suggesting that v10 was perfect. rather, the point is that v11 is a regression in ergonomics and safety. obviously v10 had room for improvement too, but on balance was better.

Youre driving. Your window fogs and you need to defrost.

V10: locate the (single) fog button. Press it.

V11: locate (ANY of the 4) temp arrow. Press it. Press button 3cm away.

In the context of the entire sequence, the marginal difference is inconsequential to getting the effect of defrost. No need for hyperbolic exasperation.

Attachments

• DA9B0DF0-30B3-4CC3-AA49-E4D1E200630C.jpeg
    DA9B0DF0-30B3-4CC3-AA49-E4D1E200630C.jpeg
    889.1 KB · Views: 66

Guys, I’m covering only 88 fps (60mph) going into fog. To turn on fog lights in my:

1964 Ford Thunderbird - doesn’t exist, don’t bother.
2012 Nissan LEAF - press fog lights button, where muscle memory has made doing so automatic, quick, and can be done blindly.
2018 Model 3 first occurrence - tap headlight icon on driving animation. Nope, that’s not it. Flip left stalk forward and aft looking at touchscreen hoping for an icon that could represent fog light control. Fail. Start to panic/anger/swear, heavy on the swearing. Pull over to the shoulder (thankfully there is one), stop the car, tap car icon, look for and find lights option hoping that’s where the fog lights control is, tap fog lights, rejoice that you’ve found the damn thing, resume trip, plan for the double martini at destination where normally a single would suffice.
2018 Model 3 after drive above but before double martini - in your garage, find and set fog lights to always come on and forget about it hoping the next update doesn’t change it again.

Yeah, V10, V11, Vwhatever, sooo much easier. Robotaxi goal notwithstanding, I still have to drive the car today. Can we make it less of a gaming and entertainment console and more of an albeit amazing car?

U wot m8?

Keep all lights on whenever required, no reason to turn fogs on and off, it's led lights you won't burn them out or drain your battery