Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please help lol. When Im charging now my charging screen with the see thr car and green battery pack is now gone and I cant find it. Also hate the extra clicks for heated seats and everything else u guys mentioned but now my charging screen is gone. For me to adjust limit i have to use the app? Is this hidden somewhere? When i go thr main menu an click charging it dont bring up the car screen anymore
Tapping the battery icon was a shortcut to the charging screen in V10, apparently that still works in V11. Yours sounds like a more complex problem though.

just ignore the prompt. it will automatically go away when you switch to drive.

that's what i did with the 🔥 holiday update of 2020 until i took my car in for service and they updated the OS despite me asking them to leave it alone.
There is no prompt. The software is already downloaded now, waiting for installation. I have the alarm clock icon at top of nav screen that only allows me to Install Now or schedule a later time. I'll keep pushing the time to 23 hours from now until I find another way to stop it installing, or just give up and let it go ahead.

He’s been saying this since 2019. I doubt he’ll change his mind.
The problem with this viewpoint is that it assumes Tesla programmers have the knowledge/experience/skill to faultlessly code all the instructions required for safe vehicle operation in every possible situation. I intentionally didn't say "foreseeable" because unforeseen situations arise every day and the human brain has to find a way to deal with them. Elon loves to aim high, but I'd say his target is unachievable even with AI (which also has to be programmed by humans). In the meantime, Tesla buyers are held hostage to a philosophy that they may not fully support and over which they have zero control or input.

If they can't make windshield wipers or climate controls operate adequately in automatic mode, how can they possibly take responsibility for all driving functions away from the driver?

The problem with this viewpoint is that it assumes Tesla programmers have the knowledge/experience/skill to faultlessly code all the instructions required for safe vehicle operation in every possible situation. I intentionally didn't say "foreseeable" because unforeseen situations arise every day and the human brain has to find a way to deal with them. Elon loves to aim high, but I'd say his target is unachievable even with AI (which also has to be programmed by humans). In the meantime, Tesla buyers are held hostage to a philosophy that they may not fully support and over which they have zero control or input.
Yea I don’t disagree with you. We’re in a weird transition period. I’ll probably stay with Tesla during this transition period because this approach doesn’t really bother me. But I understand if people decide to leave Tesla as a customer

If they can't make windshield wipers or climate controls operate adequately in automatic mode, how can they possibly take responsibility for all driving functions away from the driver?
Yes, it is a demonstrably idiotic stance to take, but this is the hill he has decided to die on. At this point I don't even care about Tesla any more, they have done their job of pushing the industry to electric. I just wish he did not have the power to trash all of OUR cars in the process...

It's absolute garbage. And as some have stated, actually dangerous.
Beyond that my cruise control and self driving never work anymore. It's gotten so much worse over the last 2 years.

edit: I only have like 9k miles but found myself perusing other EV options the other day before I even knew what was happening. The fast and loose approach is wearing thin.

UI implementer 1: "hey, lets optimize the UI. lets group some things together so that its 2-tier or more to get there."
UI implementer 2: "but, uhm, dont we have 1920 pixels across on this big screen? why are you taking things away?"

[...crickets...]

that kind of sums it up. they have more space than god, himself, on that screen, and yet they take things AWAY.

children are running the show. no other explanation, either literal or figurative.

go ahead and move to texas. maybe it will help. I doubt it, but anything they do could only help, at this point, they need to fire the whole UI group and rehire new ones. not kidding.