Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i4 looks pretty nice. One thing Tesla has taught me is that you don't actually need 402 miles of range if you have fast chargers where you need them. By the time my MS is 5-7 years old, I'm quite certain I will have decent choices from a manufacturer who won't decide one day to hide my defroster buttons. And by then, an electric BMW will probably be able to use Tesla Superchargers. Thank you, Tesla! 😃
Hold that thought.

Tesla proactively reduced the supercharging speeds on older cars.

My S used to do 90 KW when new. Barely 45 KW nowadays. It momentarily sees 60 KW when starting from very low SoC, but then quickly runs home to 45 KW or less.

Supercharging the old gal takes 1 hour and 20 minutes from 0 to 195 miles. 😕

Hopefully the other automakers don’t follow Tesla’s lead. 😏

Last edited:
Hold that thought.

Tesla proactively reduced the supercharging speeds on older cars.

My S used to do 90 KW when new. Barely 45 KW nowadays. It momentarily sees 60 KW when starting from very low SoC, but then quickly runs home to 45 KW or less.

Supercharging the old gal takes 1 hour and 20 minutes from 0 to 195 miles. 😕

Hopefully the other automakers don’t follow Tesla’s lead. 😏

Yes, I've seen that as well I used to be able to charge north of 90 KW because I have a revision b pack in my 2012 signature that was replaced in 2016. but now I'm lucky to get somewhere between 50 maybe 60 KW sustained and at anything approaching 40% state of charge or better it will be 50 KW maybe 55 at best. It sucks being throttled. And you're right. about an hour and 30 minutes maybe more to get to 90%

Why do they throttle you?

To protect the pack and prolong battery life is the excuse that was given that's just one of the changes the TMS system is extremely aggressive now even charging at home on my wall connector the cooling fans are screaming as if I was at a supercharger. And the battery coolant pump runs pretty much constantly at anything above 80% state of charge.

Supercharging speeds are so slow that the car is really now no longer useful for travel outside it's single charge range. Recharge stops simply take too long when trying to road trip.

Doesn't say anything about seat heaters and defroster, though.
but it fixes all the stuff along the top of the map, and super charger in navigation. That's huge. Starting to have a bit of hope it will all get fixed.

"Earlier today the automaker deployed 2022.2.1, and brought WiFi/LTE signals, Driver Profiles, and Dashcam and Sentry Mode toggles back to the top dock.​

"Additionally, the Supercharger icon is back on the main navigation screen, allowing you to easily find the nearest location with a single tap."​

To protect the pack and prolong battery life is the excuse that was given that's just one of the changes the TMS system is extremely aggressive now even charging at home on my wall connector the cooling fans are screaming as if I was at a supercharger. And the battery coolant pump runs pretty much constantly at anything above 80% state of charge.

Supercharging speeds are so slow that the car is really now no longer useful for travel outside it's single charge range. Recharge stops simply take too long when trying to road trip.
This is why I’m hearing from some of my old friends from the now defunct Tesla forums that they are selling their old Ses.

I myself was wondering about buying a a used 100D till the new 4680 battery packs arrived. However even the 2017 Ses are throttled to some extent, I believe. I could be wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: Boza and tccartier
Not ever, going from version 8 to version 9 was worse but you may never have seen that. Trust me it has been way better than it currently is both version 10 and 11 and everything since version 8 is garbage.
I’m a new Tesla owner I admit. But I bought the car to drive it. I should have done more research I see that now. It seems neither Elon or a number of those who have owned a Tesla for a long time share that desire 🤷🏻‍♀️ I guess it’s maybe a location thing. Tesla taxis might make sense in big sprawling USA. Here in Scotland I like to drive our windy scenic country roads. Not be driven round them. I rarely need to drive on a multi-lane motorway. Driving a Tesla is fun and I don’t want that to end…

I’m a new Tesla owner I admit. But I bought the car to drive it. I should have done more research I see that now. It seems neither Elon or a number of those who have owned a Tesla for a long time share that desire 🤷🏻‍♀️ I guess it’s maybe a location thing. Tesla taxis might make sense in big sprawling USA. Here in Scotland I like to drive our windy scenic country roads. Not be driven round them. I rarely need to drive on a multi-lane motorway. Driving a Tesla is fun and I don’t want that to end…

Couldn't agree more. I really enjoy driving my Tesla, and at present have no interest or use for any of the self-driving features that really never have come to fruition anyhow, at least not as advertised. Not sure they ever will for the current fleet of vehicles that have paid for it and are waiting. I certainly wouldn't be willing to pay $10,000 or more for it. However it does seem that they are more interested in making the cars entertainment consoles as opposed to driving machines. More and more emphasis is being placed on silliness and toy boxes and games and so forth that are all easily accessible from the app drawer, but not my window defogger 🤷🏾‍♂️. I think it's a huge miss.

Like I had said before perhaps we need a switchable UI that can be changed from driving mode to entertainment mode. To access all of the silliness and Netflix and all the other crap, including fart noises and such while the car is parked. But give me a serious user interface to pull up when I'm trying to drive the car that has all features needed to do so on the screen and big enough to see and form muscle memory.

FSD won’t work in the USA for years. It’ll be even longer before it’ll be released in Scotland.

Couldn't agree more. I really enjoy driving my Tesla, and at present have no interest or use for any of the self-driving features that really never have come to fruition anyhow, at least not as advertised. Not sure they ever will for the current fleet of vehicles that have paid for it and are waiting. I certainly wouldn't be willing to pay $10,000 or more for it. However it does seem that they are more interested in making the cars entertainment consoles as opposed to driving machines. More and more emphasis is being placed on silliness and toy boxes and games and so forth that are all easily accessible from the app drawer, but not my window defogger 🤷🏾‍♂️. I think it's a huge miss.

Like I had said before perhaps we need a switchable UI that can be changed from driving mode to entertainment mode. To access all of the silliness and Netflix and all the other crap, including fart noises and such while the car is parked. But give me a serious user interface to pull up when I'm trying to drive the car that has all features needed to do so on the screen and big enough to see and form muscle memory.
I totally agree, I’m a car guy and have always loved driving them not interested in having the car drive itself. Also agree with the UI, it should be functional and safe do not want games or noises.

Definitely. In the UK there’s more and more restrictions on mobile (cell) phone use like fines for changing song tracks while driving. That will soon apply to distracting touchscreens too I’m sure. I can’t play games or watch Netflix while driving. So I don’t need that on the main screen. Basic.