Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my Model S the only thing I've noticed different with the maps is the scaling controls are gone. You can enlarge or shrink by pinching or stretching with two fingers, but IMO that's more awkward when driving and the map then locks on that location and won't update as the car drives. The street names and other things on the map seem to be about the same level of detail as before.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
Generally UK English is more tolerant of colorful language than the US. British TV allows much stronger language than US censors and has for decades. Some of it may be the more puritanical streak in US culture (not universal, but loud enough to make a difference), or it may be something else. Though there are some exceptions in terminology where terms don't mean much or anything in the US, but is more controversial across the pond, such as the US term for bum bag.
Yeah that’s because fanny has a different meaning over here too lol … I believe they’re known as fanny pack over there😁

The font size has been reduced in several places (nav search results, txt messages), and it's a problem for me too. I can see the things, it just takes more effort and distraction. It's crap. It's all crap. The crap is *everywhere* in v11. The changes made to the bottom bar is the biggest problem (IMO), but definitely not the only problem. Every single thing in the UI seems to have a handful of regressions.

At this point, the only thing that would "fix" it all for me would be upgrading us to v10. It's like they took v10 and made a bunch of bad changes to it... so the fix would be to revert every single change. Turn signal cameras, Sonic, and light shows can all go too. I'd like v10 before they ruined the climate controls (mid November). Then give me better manual wipers and disable OTA updates permanently.
I’ve had to start wearing my contact lenses for driving so I can read the text on the screen now, which I never had to with V10. I only need them or glasses for reading not distance, they’re multifocal lenses so effectively one eye is for reading one for distance (the brain compensates for the difference apparentl). still a needless change is font sizes has made this a necessity now.

On my Model S the only thing I've noticed different with the maps is the scaling controls are gone. You can enlarge or shrink by pinching or stretching with two fingers, but IMO that's more awkward when driving and the map then locks on that location and won't update as the car drives. The street names and other things on the map seem to be about the same level of detail as before.
On my MS the small streets are almost indistinguishable from the background at night. Try to switch to night mode and look at some part of the map where you have a dense population of streets - like downtown.

Yeah that’s because fanny has a different meaning over here too lol … I believe they’re known as fanny pack over there😁

Yup, and I know what it means there too. I listen to and watch a fair bit of UK, Aus, and NZ comedy. I realized how fluent I'd become when I saw a clip of an Adam Hills stand up show and thought it was funny enough to show my partner. I had to explain all the jokes too her. She understood what was funny after the explanation, but it kind of ruined the joke not understanding the slang.

It's a weird experience because she has the largest English vocabulary I've ever seen.

On my MS the small streets are almost indistinguishable from the background at night. Try to switch to night mode and look at some part of the map where you have a dense population of streets - like downtown.

I've been out when the car switched too night mode. I didn't notice a difference, but I'll check when I next head out.

Reactions: Xdama
I've been out when the car switched too night mode. I didn't notice a difference, but I'll check when I next head out.
I was just driving in downtown Minneapolis at night and I couldn't read a single side street on the map. It didn't matter for me because I knew where I was going but if you're trying to use the map it would be impossible.

I used the last update since it was first installed on 26th December 2021 and now that I have been using it for more than one month I can say that the biggest fault is the fact that the display shows instructions in too small fonts and when you are driving and use the car control for some reason this is not
practical at all. Apart the colors and the new graphic using the car only to travel through Europe most of my time, well, I would like to have back the old version, black and white, clear, easy to access. It is my job to make good display screens to enable the users to catch the necessary functions easily accessible, but here the result is the opposite!

Well, today somebody at Home Depot left a deep 2” dent in the side of my car. But thanks to the crappy new v11 interface, there was no obvious cue that the USB drive I use for Sentry mode had recently stopped working, so I have no visual evidence of who might be responsible. (I had previously gotten someone to pay for repairs in a similar situation thanks to clear Sentry Mode video of then hitting my car in a parking lot.) I f-ing hate v.11 so much and now it’s actually cost me money.
It looks like a recent update now displays a little x on the dash cam icon when it's not reading a drive. So, that's an upgrade. But now I'm realizing how often my combo of a Taptes USB hub and micro USB drive stops working. Have to unplug and replug the drive nearly every drive.

Tried v11 yesterday for the first time (in a loaner) and something I haven't yet seen noted here and which bothered me was the temperature setting slider: it now seems to be very narrow, so small movements result in large temperature setting changes, compared with earlier software. That made it really tedious to adjust. Presume it's because the whole slider is now nearer the screen edge and starts centred (?) so had to be made much narrower. Daft.

I requested service not update the software, they agreed, understanding; apparently they've received considerable 'colourful' feedback on v11.

It's dookie in every single way. Music sources used to be together, now it's all disparate. Climate controls are awful, and don't get better with music memory.

Not sure if it's related to v11, but talking to navigation often results in "no search results found" recently... I typically have to ask again. It translates it the same way both times, just doesn't find a matching place. Seems like a connectivity issue, but if that's the case why not give me a loading animation and wait for a connection?

I think the price of the car should be lowered by 10% as long as v11 is installed, the car is definitely much worse with it.