Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v2020.8 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We went for a quick spin! Bins, lights and road markings looking good.

edit: thumbnails playing up on images, but they load if you open.

Attachments

• 92050DB3-7033-4938-94B8-C681C07F70F3.jpeg
    92050DB3-7033-4938-94B8-C681C07F70F3.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 7D680F50-870C-457F-BFE6-2BCA3B4A1CB6.jpeg
    7D680F50-870C-457F-BFE6-2BCA3B4A1CB6.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 5DAB36F7-EBD4-4478-AF8B-580DA517FF7C.jpeg
    5DAB36F7-EBD4-4478-AF8B-580DA517FF7C.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 2553A897-D314-4873-AA78-98BA1C8A38F3.jpeg
    2553A897-D314-4873-AA78-98BA1C8A38F3.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 71
Slightly off topic but what is the best practice for upgrading software? Reset the car afterwards? (how is this done?)

If I do a BIOS update on a computer motherboard I usually reset it to factory defaults afterwards. I presume people don’t do that?

Slightly off topic but what is the best practice for upgrading software? Reset the car afterwards? (how is this done?)

If I do a BIOS update on a computer motherboard I usually reset it to factory defaults afterwards. I presume people don’t do that?
I’m fairly new to the Tesla camp at 4 months of ownership plus some prolonged window-shopping but it’s a pretty seamless ‘click and wait’ approach in general. Whilst a reboot (hold left and right steering wheel buttons with foot on the brake for a full restart) it’s only precautionary. I’ve done it without reboot with no issues.

[other more experienced owners can chip in ..... always feel a tad conscious that some folk have been doing this stuff for years not months!]

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I’m fairly new to the Tesla camp at 4 months of ownership plus some prolonged window-shopping but it’s a pretty seamless ‘click and wait’ approach in general. Whilst a reboot (hold left and right steering wheel buttons with foot on the brake for a full restart) it’s only precautionary. I’ve done it without reboot with no issues.

[other more experienced owners can chip in ..... always feel a tad conscious that some folk have been doing this stuff for years not months!]

With my computer I make sure the Windows is closed before I restart ;)

Hadn’t noticed before but may not be new, the search for charging now shows max kW for destination chargers. The placeholder is there for “visited” chargers too, but shows 0kW - those may get populated once they’re visited again once you have 2020.8.1

I shall let you know, as I have both (multiple system failures/wet connector and 2020.8.1

My model 3 was in for a few bits this week and one thing that was flagged was a recall for a replacement wiring loom. I've heard it mentioned a few times that this was the culprit for these multiple failures. I've been fortunate to not have experienced any of these but the recall covered my car anyways. The part is due in next week and it's a quick 25-30 minute swap job. Have you spoken with service recently to see if you are covered by this recall as well? (if it's even related?). I am in a 423*** VIN range SR+ - I took delivery mid August last year from inventory so probably a June'ish build.

I've been (not) patiently waiting for this update to hit. I usually get them pretty quickly as I have FSD and I'm on advance. Still hasn't shown up for me yet however, looking at the TeslaFi stats, it's not being pushed to any SR+ models anywhere in the world as of this posting. Has anyone with an SR+ received it yet?

The only time I ever had a significant problem (screen flicker, disappeared after next update) after an update was when I didn't do ^ this ^ Coincidental I do not know, but for sake of 30 seconds, I do foot on brake reboot (everything pressed until after T reappears) as a matter of course.

Option 3 - How to reboot your Tesla if something is going wrong