Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Venting about future steering wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TM3 has arm rests that prop the both elbows perfectly IMO. My resting position is one or both hands at 4.5 & 7.5 on the wheel. For many cars the arm rests are too low, too high, or too far back to be useful for resting an elbow. Not the case in the 3 - which I really appreciated.

You could just 3D print a new one. Find a middle schooler if you need some help with that. :p
Problem is scheduling it, what with them being tied up designing and printing M3 foot pedals for Tesla.

Apparently.

:cool: Yeah, I went there. Because as solid as the steering wheel is, I think Tesla deserves to take their licks for those pedals.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: AlanSqB
Question for the OP are you surprised at the general reaction where the vast majority dont agree agree with you or did you expect that? Just curious.
I'm actually surprised people mark disagree on a rhetorical post. It's like me saying, my opinion is x, and someone goes, I disagree. Your opinion is not x. Wish I rephrased it now to, does anyone agree that I don't like this steering wheel?

Lol how is this a post?

Ran out of these
tumblr_mbqldpaU4Q1rc6cl6o1_r3_400.gif

I'm actually surprised people mark disagree on a rhetorical post. It's like me saying, my opinion is x, and someone goes, I disagree. Your opinion is not x. Wish I rephrased it now to, does anyone agree that I don't like this steering wheel?
I didn't bother to press "Disagree", so I certainly can't speak with authority, but has it occurred to you that those "Disagree" means they have their own opinion on the steering wheel and that they it doesn't match yours?

I find your surprise about this....well, I have a lower opinion of that than of your original post. It strikes me as positively narcissist expectation, like why did you post it here? To read your own words? You didn't expect anyone to weigh in on the matter? :confused:

P.S. It is also possible those "Disagrees" were based in them, like me, *facepalm*ing at the way you were holding the Model S steering wheel.

Last edited:
I didn't bother to press "Disagree", so I certainly can't speak with authority, but has it occurred to you that those "Disagree" means they have their own opinion on the steering wheel and that they it doesn't match yours?

I find your surprise about this....well, I have a lower opinion of that than of your original post. It strikes me as positively narcissist expectation, like why did you post it here? To read your own words? You didn't expect anyone to weigh in on the matter? :confused:

P.S. It is also possible those "Disagrees" were based in them, like me, *facepalm*ing at the way you were holding the Model S steering wheel.

Certainly expected more words than a disagree button. Definitely appreciate everyone who shared their opinion with reasons.

I remember my old E36 M3 had a tri-spoke steering wheel, so I googled all the M3 designs ever made and they all (E30, E36, E46, E92, F80) have the tri-spoke design. resting your hand right next to that bottom spoke is basically the same as your 6 o'clock preference, ergonomically.

• Helpful
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
I'm with the OP on this one.

I've had my Volt (which has a similar steering wheel design) for over 5 years now, and while I've adjusted not having a bottom-center spot to grab the steering wheel, I do still miss it and would prefer it in any vehicle. It's just a very comfortable position to grab on a steering wheel.

• Helpful
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad