Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 2018.10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Autopilot is SO much more advanced - love this version! Prior versions couldn't handle the 4 miles of curvy road down to the main road - now, it goes the entire way without a hiccup.

It feels so much more confident, no micro movements, no moving around in the lane.

Annnnndddd.... it now navigates the extremely narrow Hood River bridge that I cross several times a week. Note that the proximity sensors are solid red the entire way across.
Hmm.. I don't see any video link that you guys are all raving about?

0oPzzzd.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo
Is this software update around 500MB? I am seeing a device called "unknown device" on my router bandwidth page and it did a 500MB download on March 15. It gave me the Mac Addr but I couldn't find the Mac Addr on the Tesla screen. I am thinking it is the Tesla.

I have to test out the Frunk opening! I never used the Frunk because by the time you can open it, you are already inside the car. Even having it on app probably won't help too much. The trunk is easy because you can just press the button. I wonder if they could update the front and back camera to see a "gesture" for you to open the trunk and frunk. That would be awesome.

I have to test out the Frunk opening! I never used the Frunk because by the time you can open it, you are already inside the car.

Okay I test it out and it worked. :p But it shows how rare I used the Frunk. I used the app to pop it open. Then I went inside the house to get stuff to put in it. When I got back (about 1 minute later) the frunk was latched (by something) and cannot be pulled up. I have to close it, and re-open it with the app and it will open. So there is a time limit on when you pop open the frunk and when it could be pulled up?

Thx for the a
For EQ settings, it seems likely that the +/-12 range has simply been remapped to +/-8. Try your old settings *2/3 and see if that sounds the same as the old settings.

Thanks to everyone regarding their EQ advice. I tried my old settings curve modified for the new 8.0 maximums and raised my normal volume level and the sound seems to be the same as before now.

• Informative
Reactions: DaddyP713
Okay I test it out and it worked. :p But it shows how rare I used the Frunk. I used the app to pop it open. Then I went inside the house to get stuff to put in it. When I got back (about 1 minute later) the frunk was latched (by something) and cannot be pulled up. I have to close it, and re-open it with the app and it will open. So there is a time limit on when you pop open the frunk and when it could be pulled up?
There is a timer, but I don't know exactly how long it is til you can't lift it.

There is a timer, but I don't know exactly how long it is til you can't lift it.

It a safety feature. There are two latches. It relocks after a bit, as a safeguard from accidental unlocks.