Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 9 looks like on its way finally!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just read the release notes....

Looks like people hoping for a much-less-completely-crap media experience are in for disappointment....no changes at all besides being able to direct-tune FM stations and turn off explicit lyrics.

I wonder if the browser is still the antique version in the S/X (probably since no mention of an update for S/X) that doesn't support anything useful like spotify?
I agree with you. The media experience is crap and by far my least favorite thing about my model 3. Some things I know won’t get better (no AM/XM) but it’s about time they add iPod support, Spotify, iHeartRadio, just to name a few

What about blind spot detection?!

It's included. Look at this pic from an updated Model 3 with v9:
software-v9-model-3-early-look-8-768x1024.jpg

The cars in the blind spots show up in the bottom corners, which was not the case before (just like the motorcycle and trucks).

Also I read that if you put your turn signal on, the line will turn red on the screen to tell you there's a car in the blind spot.

While I do like many of the updates, anyone else severely disappointed that the infotainment system is still a total complete mess and received almost no love? I am really tempted to suggest we tweetstorm Elon and ask wft? I mean the usb thread alone has dozens of legitimate fixes/bugs that need to be resolved. And i'm not even getting started on Slacker and the problems there (plus lack of additional streaming support). I love my M3 but this is a deeply underwhelming update with respect to infotainment.

While I do like many of the updates, anyone else severely disappointed that the infotainment system is still a total complete mess and received almost no love? I am really tempted to suggest we tweetstorm Elon and ask wft? I mean the usb thread alone has dozens of legitimate fixes/bugs that need to be resolved. And i'm not even getting started on Slacker and the problems there (plus lack of additional streaming support). I love my M3 but this is a deeply underwhelming update with respect to infotainment.

Yup. The horrible infotainment system is what drags you out of I AM LIVING IN THE FUTURE into WTF? A 10 YEAR OLD TOYOTA HAS BETTER MUSIC OPTIONS THAN THIS!

Almost cancelled my order due to the Track Mode issue, second to that though was the lack of Spotify. I don't care what the underlying contractual issues are, Spotify should be in the car. I'll never use Slacker. I'm buying but am extremely optimistic that Spotify will turn up soon.

While I do like many of the updates, anyone else severely disappointed that the infotainment system is still a total complete mess and received almost no love?

Extremely suboptimal solution from a usability standpoint. I have to do that with audiobooks and podcasts. If Tesla would acknowledge the weakness of their media solution and give us CarPlay and Android Auto, this would all be a non-issue.

How is getting in your car and have the podcast stream worse then having to pull your phone out, plug it in, start carplay, open podcast app, play?

How is getting in your car and have the podcast stream worse then having to pull your phone out, plug it in, start carplay, open podcast app, play?

Wireless carplay has been a thing for a while now, FYI.

but that said, if the last thing I was listening to is the thing I want to listen to in the car, great. That's rarely the case. So I have to get out of do not disturb while driving mode, then open overcast or audible, then select the thing I wanna listen to, then throw it on the charger since I can't put it back in my pocket while I'm sitting. I'd rather just do the necessary ops from the MCU.

I would hazard a guess that a vast majority of the Apple executive team drives Teslas and probably loves them. I also know Elon uses an iPhone. All of these smart people probably think to themselves daily, "Well these two things really ought to work much better together..."

Why is there not a meeting of the minds going on here?