Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Videos to watch whilst waiting for delivery of your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bjorn is doing the winter speed/efficiency tests:

Norway - very cold, wet roads, minus 4 deg C!

At 120 km/h: 199 Wh/km, 289 km

At 90 km/h: 142 Wh/km, 404 km

That’s amazing. Can’t wait for his summer tests!
This is the video you're referring to. He claims at the end that it can do 460-480kms in good conditions. I concede that ABRP is too conservative based on my real world, but I wouldn't be game to try a 460km run.

Reactions: Chuq
only limited by charger availability. If you had options close together it wouldn't be so risky.
As in options beyond the 400km mark so that I could bail out of the 460km? Yes, I agree. Anybody got a route in mind where this could be tested?

460km is 130wh/km, which I've managed to get running 100km/h flat highways in 37c temps. Bjorn helps me overcome my range anxiety.

Thanks for the video. Gives me a sense of security in the new LFP batteries performing very well here in Oz considering our more temperate climate. I have been procrastinating as to whether I should change my order to a LR but the more research I do the more I am leaning to the RWD standard with LFP. Hopefully as delivery of the 'new' 2022 model with the 'lower performing' motor with hairpin winding we will see more relevant real world range. I will be more than happy if I can roll into my driveway after doing 400km with 40-50km range left on the clock.
It should be noted that the car tested in the video had different wheels and also winter tyres which could have affected range.

Thanks for the video. Gives me a sense of security in the new LFP batteries performing very well here in Oz considering our more temperate climate. I have been procrastinating as to whether I should change my order to a LR but the more research I do the more I am leaning to the RWD standard with LFP. Hopefully as delivery of the 'new' 2022 model with the 'lower performing' motor with hairpin winding we will see more relevant real world range. I will be more than happy if I can roll into my driveway after doing 400km with 40-50km range left on the clock.
It should be noted that the car tested in the video had different wheels and also winter tyres which could have affected range.
I went through the same dilemma, should I have ordered the LR? I've never ordered the slowest model before, should I change?

The ride on the 18" wheels was the main reason that I stuck with SR+, and since getting it I haven't regretted my decision nor felt like I wanted better performance.

This is the video you're referring to. He claims at the end that it can do 460-480kms in good conditions. I concede that ABRP is too conservative based on my real world, but I wouldn't be game to try a 460km run.

That is really impressive, the 2022 RWD really is an amazing car. Kudos to Tesla.

I'm really curious to see how it goes when I eventually drive Sydney - Canberra on a typical winters day. If that video is anything to go by, you won't need to make a charging stop at all.

Reactions: Chuq
As in options beyond the 400km mark so that I could bail out of the 460km? Yes, I agree. Anybody got a route in mind where this could be tested?
Tesla Supercharger Tuggerah to Tesla Supercharger Coffs Harbour is 446km and essentially no net elevation change, with an Evie charging station at Macksville for chickening out 60km short of Coffs (and a Chargefox one at the southern end of Coffs, in case you get twitchy right at the end!).

I watched that, but I think Bjorn has never tested MYP Shanghai before. Not sure if anyone has indeed compare MYP MIC and MYP MIG.

To be honest I don’t think there’s much difference, when he mentioned softer suspension on MYP MIG, he compared that to MYLR MIC - so not exactly apple to apple