Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't forget this is a free app, no ads, labor of love.

Indeed, and I'm grateful for that (and would be quite happy to contribute). However, if it shows me a map with no traffic incidents, when in fact the data feed has a problem, plus no message that there is a problem then I can't really rely on it and I'm going to have to use Waze on my phone anyway :(

FWIW Google Maps, on Tesla Screen, showed no traffic problems either, so that was no help :mad:

Reactions: jvonbokel
Should be fixed. Please try again.

Thank you ... working again! I really like the traffic information and the Supercharger queue data. :cool:

upload_2016-7-2_13-56-6.png

Reactions: SmartElectric
The SpC queue doesn't look accurate. No one is in the queue for any of those locations? Doesn't sound right and how do you report that?
It reports people who have the Tesla Waze app running when they are at the supercharger. Others don't show up, as a source isn't available to the developer.

I think you can manually add others to the list when you are there, but I have not done it.

Last edited:
Looks like the site is down? If and when this gets running again, would you have a problem with me integrating this into QuickTesla ?

Cheers!
Works for me? Anyone else having issues?

No problems with integrating into QuickTesla. The more the merrier!

To the OP, are you incurring any hosting costs or bandwidth charges for this? Is there a way we can throw some cash into the hat to help pay for this if you are?

There are some minimal expenses. Part of this was an experiment with using Google's AppEngine/Cloud services vs my traditional hosting which is done on AWS.

Noticed recently that the google search picks up the https version of the website. Surprisingly, the Tesla browser doesn't support SNI (verified using TLS SNI Test Site: *.sni.velox.ch) and it won't load the https version of the site because the site runs on a shared Ip service (Google App Engine).

So, in order to work in the Tesla browser, there's 2 options:

Non-SSL:
Waze for Tesla Incidents and Supercharger Traffic

SSL (doesn't need SNI because it's served off of a *.appspot.com cert):
Waze for Tesla Incidents and Supercharger Traffic

How frequently does the list of Supercharger sites get updated? As an Welshman living in exile in Scotland I'm very excited about the new Sarn, UK site (opened 25th July) - it's listed on supercharge.info but I don't see it listed on Waze for Tesla yet (I have panned over to Wales as I'm not located near there).

I've recently come back to the browser in my Model S having given up on it as it's so slow, and rediscovered the refreshed qtes.la with an integrated link to Waze for Tesla. This is really neat so thanks fact200 for continuing to update your webpage! I will be using it a lot more now in conjunction with the weather and plugshare links on qtes.la.

I just wish I lived near a Supercharger site - I only get to visit one a couple of times a year: I've checked over the past couple of days and have yet to spot any cars detected - I'd love to spot myself on there and to try manually updating the queue information :)

How frequently does the list of Supercharger sites get updated? As an Welshman living in exile in Scotland I'm very excited about the new Sarn, UK site (opened 25th July) - it's listed on supercharge.info but I don't see it listed on Waze for Tesla yet (I have panned over to Wales as I'm not located near there).

I've recently come back to the browser in my Model S having given up on it as it's so slow, and rediscovered the refreshed qtes.la with an integrated link to Waze for Tesla. This is really neat so thanks fact200 for continuing to update your webpage! I will be using it a lot more now in conjunction with the weather and plugshare links on qtes.la.

I just wish I lived near a Supercharger site - I only get to visit one a couple of times a year: I've checked over the past couple of days and have yet to spot any cars detected - I'd love to spot myself on there and to try manually updating the queue information :)

Updated just now. It's an easy process to update, but I keep it under manual control because I don't have any guarantees that the data source won't suddenly change formats.....

Updated just now. It's an easy process to update, but I keep it under manual control because I don't have any guarantees that the data source won't suddenly change formats.....
Thank you fact200! You've made this Welshman very proud to see the first Welsh Supercharger on Waze for Tesla :)

Now I need to see if I can persuade some UK MS drivers to open the webpage when visiting chargers...

ScreenShot012.png

Reactions: Nevek
Reading back through this thread, if I understand correctly users can manually log queues at Superchargers but can't add in other undetected cars also charging (which unfortunately appears to be the vast majority). Would it be possible to add a feature so that undetected cars can also be manually added? Hopefully this would improve the reporting accuracy as you would only need one user at a busy site to update the stats rather than relying on everyone running Waze for Tesla.

Sorry if this is already implemented - I'm too far away from a Supercharger site to test it before posting here :(

Reading back through this thread, if I understand correctly users can manually log queues at Superchargers but can't add in other undetected cars also charging (which unfortunately appears to be the vast majority). Would it be possible to add a feature so that undetected cars can also be manually added? Hopefully this would improve the reporting accuracy as you would only need one user at a busy site to update the stats rather than relying on everyone running Waze for Tesla.

Sorry if this is already implemented - I'm too far away from a Supercharger site to test it before posting here :(

Great idea! Will try to incorporate this into a future release, but I'm open to UI ideas. One of the general issues with the Tesla browser is it's poor performance. So for the most part, I try to minimize the amount of necessary interaction.

:) Hey guys! I have been working on a bunch of changes to the Tesla Waze app and now includes features that I wanted in it. This update now includes:

Hi DPI support
Google maps is now using HI-DPI map tiles and the Waze DPI scale now matches the Tesla navigation scale (no more small fonts).
View media item 116134View media item 116135
Traffic
Map now displays Google traffic layer (same as Tesla navigation traffic layer).
View media item 116136Traffic jams now have arrows to show traffic direction.
View media item 116137Road closures now show as black/yellow strip paths.
View media item 116138
Red Light Cameras
Red light/speed camera icons are now available for most of the US and Canada.
View media item 116139Alerts will popup when approaching red light and speed cameras.
View media item 116140
Configuration settings
Configuration settings are now under a settings button
View media item 116141
Zoom
Zoom buttons now shows disable state at max/min zoom

Map declutters when zoomed out (alerts older than 15 min are removed)
Alert Info Box
Alert balloon text is now bigger and contains more info (age, likes, user comments).

You can now touch anywhere on the display to dismiss the balloons (Tesla UI behavior).
View media item 116142
Old Police Reports
Police alerts greater than 21 minutes are now shown grayed out.
View media item 116143
Icon Updates
Major accident alerts are now tagged on the icon.
View media item 116144Selected warning alerts also contain the warning type.
View media item 116145Police traps have updated icons
View media item 116146Supercharger info now shows details about the charging location.
View media item 116147
Configuration Dialog
Maps configurations are now under the configuration dialog
View media item 116148All alert displays are customizable.
View media item 116149Users can report Traffic Camera changes (still in Beta, requires backend support).
View media item 116150
Day/Night Mode
There is now an “Auto” mode for the map. Day/Night map style now default to automatic based on geo location and time of day.

Night map colors now match Tesla navigation night mode colors.

When map pans, back fill color is now dark when in night mode (this use to be white).
View media item 116151

:):)

@fact200, obviously these changes (attached ZIP file) needs to be integrated/hosted. If you have any questions about the changes, please feel free to send them to me.

--Eric

Attachments

• TeslaWaze 2016-10-13.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 59