Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love having Waze on my center screen. I have a new Model S refresh, and all I get is a black screen. Is Waze no longer compatible?
Check this thread

• Disagree
Reactions: rkozy
Of course you know that Tesla Nav has search for charging stations built into it. Not just VW stations but all stations.
But still can’t compare to Waze. I really wish Tesla had Waze built in. There UI on the refresh Model S is really bad.

As my new S is in service for QC work, I have Model S P90d as a loner and the UI interface is so much better than the refresh. Album art/Media displays on left hand side of driver console, as it should, unless Nav is active; multiple options on right hand side of drivers console, ie temp settings, etc. On center console, album art much larger and even have AM radio that can be combined with FM radio favorites. How can current car not have any of this stuff? Giant step backwards (my BMW interfaces only got better, not worse) Sorry for the rant, but so far really disappointed with Tesla.

I even think the P90D drives smoother, as my suspension is bouncy. Hoping that is just a defect. Had my car for three weeks now, but now almost a week with Tesla Service.

Jumped from 2022.8.3 to 2022.12.3.1 and this update installed a new version of the browser, which adds a few nice things like permanently allowing web site access to the location. Finally!
I have not driven the car, so can't comment on how Tesla Waze works (or not) while driving.
Yes, they fixed the browser issues around using GPS, but this is the buggiest version of the browser to date. It hangs and crashes a lot.

Yes, they fixed the browser issues around using GPS, but this is the buggiest version of the browser to date. It hangs and crashes a lot.
😂give some… take some…
So basically the same as for any new feature: needs a few (or a few and some) iterations until it works like a charm. (*)

(*) dare I say until about a week or so before the next major version and then … all bets are off

Note: to be clear, I’m perfectly happy since 7 years of this WoW. Car drives great and still their biggest fan.