Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should see it asking permissions for your location. You have to allow this or else it doesn't know where to center the map.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you zooming out all the way? The zoom out is a little limited to avoid overloading the map with incidents, but you should be able to zoom out about 2 levels from the default. From there, it's possible to touch-drag the map, although this is admittedly sluggish.
I got it to work! But I could not type the url in. I had to link to the pages on this forum and click the link. Very weird.

But, it works!

Make a quick hack to show info on superchargers within a 150mi radius. You may need to hit the "refresh" icon/button to get the update.

I noticed this earlier, thanks. Great idea and good implementation of the data screen showing super chargers. Any way to either make the button smaller and to the right so it doesn't interfere with driving north visibility please? I often use this on half of screen and this makes it relatively large. Perhaps a lightning bolt icon next to day/night? Or bottom right? Thinking out loud here ;-)

I usually have this page loaded full time while driving.
Only complaint is not being able to turn off a Hover info except by either opening a different one or Refreshing the page.

Happy to say, this is no longer the case! Hovers disappear by a mere touch. Coolage.

And I still keep this page up all the time unless I want to surf while parked. While moving, you betcha "Waze For Tesla And Supercharger Queues" is showing!

I noticed this earlier, thanks. Great idea and good implementation of the data screen showing super chargers. Any way to either make the button smaller and to the right so it doesn't interfere with driving north visibility please? I often use this on half of screen and this makes it relatively large. Perhaps a lightning bolt icon next to day/night? Or bottom right? Thinking out loud here ;-)

Happy to report this was changed to an icon a few days ago. Apologies for not highlighting this previously - thank you. Rep (that little star under profile name...) given to Fact200 :)

It seems that fixed cameras Cameras - waze are not showing up, at least not in Belgium. Only traffic events show up. Is Waze not exposing cameras in its API?

I am from Austria / Europe. I also will use waze, because it is the best solution on the market. I use it already as an App on Galaxy S7. It works well!!!

Now I am trying to use it in my Tesla browser. Therefore I also try to use the Waze for Tesla Incidents and Supercharger Traffic link. But it does not work well....

I see the map, the zoom buttons, the list of super chargers, day / night symbol and my car arrow. Every 30 seconds I see a refresh. Although I can see a "danger sign" - triangle (live information from cloud), I can’t see any speed trap. But this is a very useful information....

I have also started the Waze for Tesla Incidents and Supercharger Traffic link on my S7. It works exact like on the Tesla browser. Same problem.... No speed trap information...

Can someone help? Is there a geographical restriction in Austria? Is there someone in Austria with a solution?

Hi,

Waze has some special handling with regards to speed traps/cameras in that they only appear when the viewer is approaching them; seems like some kind of compromise with the local authorities. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to reverse engineer the channels through which Waze handles this.

I am from Austria / Europe. I also will use waze, because it is the best solution on the market. I use it already as an App on Galaxy S7. It works well!!!

Now I am trying to use it in my Tesla browser. Therefore I also try to use the Waze for Tesla Incidents and Supercharger Traffic link. But it does not work well....

I see the map, the zoom buttons, the list of super chargers, day / night symbol and my car arrow. Every 30 seconds I see a refresh. Although I can see a "danger sign" - triangle (live information from cloud), I can’t see any speed trap. But this is a very useful information....

I have also started the Waze for Tesla Incidents and Supercharger Traffic link on my S7. It works exact like on the Tesla browser. Same problem.... No speed trap information...

Can someone help? Is there a geographical restriction in Austria? Is there someone in Austria with a solution?

Anybody know how to report errors in Tesla Waze? In the UK, not all the SCs are listed and the list-heading says it is showing km when in fact it's showing miles. It doesn't show occupancy either.

Best place is probably here. Which SCs don't show up? Right now it uses the data set supplied by supercharger.info. So if it shows up there, it should technically appear here too.

This distance really is in km. It appears correct from my location and the calculations are "as the crow flies" using 6371000 as the earth's radius (in meters).

Occupancy is based on others using the web app.

Hi,

Waze has some special handling with regards to speed traps/cameras in that they only appear when the viewer is approaching them; seems like some kind of compromise with the local authorities. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to reverse engineer the channels through which Waze handles this.

Thanks for the answer! I am wondering why my waze APP is working in Austria (on Galaxy S7).... Any idea about the reason?

Thanks for the answer! I am wondering why my waze APP is working in Austria (on Galaxy S7).... Any idea about the reason?

Hi, the official app supports it of course because they are their own first class customer. The waze for tesla site is an unofficial extension that required reverse engineering pieces of waze. The part of waze that handles the cameras and speed traps is apparently different from regular incidents and cop sitings and this requires further work to de-code.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Gwgan and Lump
Ask and ye shall receive, try this url (with an added nightmode parameter):

Waze for Tesla Incidents and Supercharger Traffic

Well done!

upload_2016-4-11_10-21-40.png