Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently ordered an inventory 2021 model y which was out of state in NY. Did agree to pay $1000 transportation cost as part of order. Few hours later got order confirmation email along with a delivery date from Tesla Advisor. Same vehicle and VIN showed up in Tesla account also. One day later advisor sends text that my vehicle will not be delivered to state I live in which IL and removed VIN from my account.

I am not sure why it can’t be delivered even when I am ready to pay transportation?

Advisor mentioned that I cannot even pick car in NY neither they will shipping from NY to IL. According to him this is a Tesla policy. Not sure is its true.

Any advice on how to proceed from here?

Reactions: bet_america
I had a VIN and delivery date for tomorrow June 29th and then suddenly today the 28th they removed my VIN and changed my delivery to say “7 to 10 weeks”. Like are you kidding me. I already waited 10 weeks. If this doesn’t get fixed soon I might cancel my order and give up on Tesla. This is rediculous

I had a VIN and delivery date for tomorrow June 29th and then suddenly today the 28th they removed my VIN and changed my delivery to say “7 to 10 weeks”. Like are you kidding me. I already waited 10 weeks. If this doesn’t get fixed soon I might cancel my order and give up on Tesla. This is rediculous
Similar story, Ordered 6/1, Delivery confirmed for June 30th w/ VIN, already paid. Haven't uploaded insurance yet, VIN disappears. Delivery date still shows June 30th. Cant really upload insurance now either.

Same here. I ordered a while ago, but had the order on hold. I had them take it off hold in June and the estimated delivery date was at the end of August (forgot the exact dates).

The account page told me I could get priority on delivery by setting up the financing, so I did. A day later it asked me to accept the changes to the order (accept the vision system). As soon as I accepted the change the estimated delivery date updated to July 4-10 and it showed the VIN. I got insurance set up and uploaded, ordered some accessories, and was excited to be taking delivery. Today the account page has no VIN and the estimated delivery says September.

I just spoke with the sales rep and he said that the VINs which were assigned and removed were for pre-production (cars weren't made yet). He said that deliveries are done quarterly, so basically if your car wasn't delivered in June then the next set of deliveries will be in September.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I just spoke with the sales rep and he said that the VINs which were assigned and removed were for pre-production (cars weren't made yet). He said that deliveries are done quarterly, so basically if your car wasn't delivered in June then the next set of deliveries will be in September.
Either way that sucks.

We ordered a Model Y LR on May 9th and on June 11 we got our VIN and delivery date of June 22-30. I added the car to our insurance and kept waiting for the ACH to open so we could pay for the car and then on the 20th of June the VIN dissappeared and the date changed to September and now to July 3-13th. What is going on??!
Exectly same story as me. Except my second VIN (225xxx) still shows September. I hope my delivery date advances to July like yours did.

Reactions: bet_america
Well our date changed backed to Spetemebe but we did get an email on July 1st to submit final payment. We logged in and took us to a site called "Plaid" and we linked our account o make the final payment. As of this morning on Juy 6th, our account showsthat the car is paid for and we have a $0 balance, but the money has not left our account and the date still says September.

But,but,but! I ordered a Y on 4/27 the beginning of the second quarter and EDD says 9/18-9/30. Third quarter delivery? Maybe they will deliver an S by mistake and let me keep it. 😆 the tension mounts!

But,but,but! I ordered a Y on 4/27 the beginning of the second quarter and EDD says 9/18-9/30. Third quarter delivery? Maybe they will deliver an S by mistake and let me keep it. 😆 the tension mounts!
I'm supposed to pick mine up 7/31 or 8/3, so it turns out that both EDD and SA's were incorrect. Are you waiting for a 7 seater and/or do you live in an area with few orders? If so then that's probably the reason for the long wait.