Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Christ stop the apologism. They are sending Canada configurations made last week while some here have waited over 6 weeks since paying $2500 for the same car. It is everything to do with Canada getting VINs.

Let me be blunt: Get over it, or walk away. If you don't like it, you're not handcuffed. Don't come back here, and reply you may lose your deposit. You knew full well it was non refundable. Adios!

After looking at the various tracking spreadsheets it looks to me like the Aero configuration VIN assignments are catching up to the 19" sport configs. In most colors a lot of 4/6 and 4/10 Aero configs are getting VINs. For Sport wheels configs are pretty complete through 4/10 but get spotty after that. MSM is still behind the other colors, but it is slowly catching up.
Here's to hoping that they go back to issuing VIN's to both Aero's and Sport wheel configs soon.

Let me be blunt: Get over it, or walk away. If you don't like it, you're not handcuffed. Don't come back here, and reply you may lose your deposit. You knew full well it was non refundable. Adios!
Let’s be nice everyone!
Configured 3/22 and no VIN
Very frustrated but I don’t blame anyone but Tesla and bgbolton seems very frustrated but his frustration, I think, is with Tesla’s process not the Canadians. Tesla’s lack of communication is not acceptable. This week Tesla started communicating with me and I feel much better. They did not promise anything but now I know I MAY get my car by end of May

Let’s be nice everyone!
Very frustrated but I don’t blame anyone but Tesla and bgbolton seems very frustrated but his frustration, I think, is with Tesla’s process not the Canadians. Tesla’s lack of communication is not acceptable. This week Tesla started communicating with me and I feel much better. They did not promise anything but now I know I MAY get my car by end of May
Did Tesla proactively reach out to you? or just finally respond to your communications?

• Helpful
Reactions: Asad1087
Let’s be nice everyone!
Very frustrated but I don’t blame anyone but Tesla [snip]. Tesla’s lack of communication is not acceptable. This week Tesla started communicating with me and I feel much better. They did not promise anything but now I know I MAY get my car by end of May
I can’t imagine how frustrated I’d be if I were in your shoes. You configured 2 1/2 weeks before I did (4/8) and I’m just about losing it seeing so many cars of the same configuration going to those who ordered after me - especially when they’re in the same region!

Communication is by far and away Tesla’s biggest failure. Unfortunately it seems as if it’s just as bad behind the curtain between departments too. I feel for the front line who have to deal with all of this, but it’s no excuse for continuing to drop the ball.

I personally never received any communication from Tesla.. So far, the only confirmation I have is, through my "account" on Tesla's webpage. It was there, I noticed my VIN. If you haven't checked, and are thinking it's coming in email form, don't waste your time. Check your account ASAP. Good luck!

As for Tesla: they've botched this reservation system beyond imagination.. Shame, Shame, SHAME on them!!

• Disagree
Reactions: IdaX
Just got my VIN!!
And a call from my advisor
VIN is 13xxx
Built late March
I’m a little concerned!
He said it wasn’t a reject

Finally - You deserve it more than anyone! Good luck with a quick paced delivery. It will all be worth it in hindsight and will make for a great story a decade later, when all cars will be FSD, about how we waited for 2.5 years desperately to plonk down a sizeable chunk of change for the shiniest piece of tech in a car that ever existed. It will go down in history for sure. Haha

Did Tesla proactively reach out to you? or just finally respond to your communications?
No I called the main line one day at 7:00 and was literally the first call they received and they said and advisor is assigned so maybe that’s the key when calling to ask if an advisor has been assigned. Advisor call led me as soon as my VIN posted as I had checked areadyva million times today!