Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the Oregon truck is filling up or perhaps rolling.
Anyone have a delivery appointment set yet for Portland OR?
So far, no. I called Tesla and asked about a delivery estimate after VIN assignment and they said 2-3 weeks. But I’m betting that he is doing the anti-Elon and giving me a longer delivery window because he said the car has been finished, so I find it hard to believe that it’s going to take 3 weeks to get from Fremont to Portland.

Reactions: MacRocket
7-1/2 weeks, my goodness. You've hit a new record here and not a desirous one.
Actually it is 6-1/2 weeks. I'm right behind Bustin with the same configuration (on 2/28), also in AZ, and I've been waiting 5-1/2 weeks for a VIN. The only explanation I can think of is that the Tempe Service Center can't keep up with deliveries. I don't know if the Scottsdale SC is also delivering cars, but it seems like VIN assignments in AZ are very slow.

Actually it is 6-1/2 weeks. I'm right behind Bustin with the same configuration (on 2/28), also in AZ, and I've been waiting 5-1/2 weeks for a VIN. The only explanation I can think of is that the Tempe Service Center can't keep up with deliveries. I don't know if the Scottsdale SC is also delivering cars, but it seems like VIN assignments in AZ are very slow.
I think that is the case Kelly. I think only Tempe is delivering vehicles. Look at this video from a few weeks ago at the Tempe SC, they have lots of Model 3s so I’m sure they are working at full output.

We can only play the waiting game :)

Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
Last few times I’ve been to the Tempe center they haven’t had any model 3 lol. (Past two weeks or so) The only thing I could think of is maybe the truck is being used for San Diego instead?? The lot has quite a few model s in it but not enough to consider “full”

I think that is the case Kelly. I think only Tempe is delivering vehicles. Look at this video from a few weeks ago at the Tempe SC, they have lots of Model 3s so I’m sure they are working at full output.

We can only play the waiting game :)
And look at the staff! Looks like they are still growing into their roles.

Took me one week from VIN assignment to delivery for my model 3 in Portland. Hope you get yours fast!

So far, no. I called Tesla and asked about a delivery estimate after VIN assignment and they said 2-3 weeks. But I’m betting that he is doing the anti-Elon and giving me a longer delivery window because he said the car has been finished, so I find it hard to believe that it’s going to take 3 weeks to get from Fremont to Portland.

Doh, you are correct. I double counted one of the weeks. :oops: