Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got an email from my ISA. My vehicle arrived in Birmingham AL today and will be available for pickup on or after the 17th (so many delays!). Due to the delays I will need to do home delivery which he is setting up now, no scheduled date at the moment.

OMG! Finally. Same ISA that was not getting back to you?
That's the one. To be honest, he didn't reach out. I emailed him today and he got back to me with those details. I've pushed him to try to pick up this week since I'm actually in Nashville for work this week and it would save everyone hassle and he said he would try. The vehicle is only 2.5 hours from the delivery center, shouldn't take a week! The numbing anticipation, is slowing turning back to glee.

That's hard to look at. Hopefully, they didn't cause any scratches and can be cleaned up 100%.

Sounds like they will replace the chrome trim and fix the paint. No idea how it happened but it is localized so maybe something flapping in the wind while it was on the truck.

Tesla said that if they can't find a shop in my area they will send down a flatbed and a loaner so they can fix it up in Denver.

I am converting my newly installed NEMA 14-50 outlet to a Tesla Wall Charger. NEC shows an ampacity rating of 55A for the 6/3 NM-B cable I installed so to keep to code I will have to limit it to 42A (though to be fair it will probably handle 48A without being a hazard) or install a 4/3 cable. The wall is still open so its a hard choice. 42A isn't too bad.

I am converting my newly installed NEMA 14-50 outlet to a Tesla Wall Charger. NEC shows an ampacity rating of 55A for the 6/3 NM-B cable I installed so to keep to code I will have to limit it to 42A (though to be fair it will probably handle 48A without being a hazard) or install a 4/3 cable. The wall is still open so its a hard choice. 42A isn't too bad.
This post probably doesn't belong in this thread. I'll let a moderator move it.

But past that... I've never seen 4/3 NM. Apparently it does exist though. But at that point it's probably better to switch to THHN in conduit, in which case you only need two conductors (plus ground), instead of three. And might as well go to #3 instead of #4, and get a full 100A rating for 80A continuous... or 48A continuous cause we're talking Model 3. Ok, nevermind, just do #6 in conduit and use a 60A breaker (because it's THHN, you can use the 75 degree rating, getting you up to 65A). Or yeah, that's a lot of work for a tiny bump, just stick with your 6/3, use a 50A breaker, and set your wall connector appropriately and charge at 40A. (Yes, you could set it for a 60A breaker, but you'd have to make sure you manually dial the car down to 42A, and make sure it never resets, and do the same if you ever have a friend or acquaintance over to charge... seems like a lot of pain for 2A).

This post probably doesn't belong in this thread. I'll let a moderator move it.

But past that... I've never seen 4/3 NM. Apparently it does exist though. But at that point it's probably better to switch to THHN in conduit, in which case you only need two conductors (plus ground), instead of three. And might as well go to #3 instead of #4, and get a full 100A rating for 80A continuous... or 48A continuous cause we're talking Model 3. Ok, nevermind, just do #6 in conduit and use a 60A breaker (because it's THHN, you can use the 75 degree rating, getting you up to 65A). Or yeah, that's a lot of work for a tiny bump, just stick with your 6/3, use a 50A breaker, and set your wall connector appropriately and charge at 40A. (Yes, you could set it for a 60A breaker, but you'd have to make sure you manually dial the car down to 42A, and make sure it never resets, and do the same if you ever have a friend or acquaintance over to charge... seems like a lot of pain for 2A).

Yeah. My bad. Should have posted it in a new thread. THHN is a good idea. I have 3/4" FMC sitting around and I can put up to 4 6 AWG current carrying conductors in it. As a plus it will fit in the hole i drilled for the 6/3 NM-B. Will take no time at all as the box is ~ 2 feet above the NEMA 14-50. As for 4/3 NM-B, they have it at lowes but it has an OD of 7/8" and is a real pain to work with.

• Love
Reactions: Snerruc
Just got phone call last night saying my model 3 is at the service center for delivery. Sent in my trade in info last night and am waiting at CarMax right now for comparison (still waiting on Tesla amount too). Just got an email a few minutes ago:
VIN: 39xxx

So that should place it being manufactured sometime June right?

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor