Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am running 0.50.08 on my Mac and all functions work except for "location". If I select the location tab the program exits and needs to be restarted. Everything was working fine until a few days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Same here. Just noticed it today. Click on location tab, crash after about 1/2 sec. It's independent of me selecting my own Google API key or using the default one.

Joe, would you like a crash log?

I think you mean 0.50.08. I am already running that version and having the same problem where it never logs in. I logged into teslamotors.com just fine and my Android app works too.

Many of us are logging in successfully with 0.50.08. As a test I just stopped and restarted VT and logged in successfully.

You appear to be the first report of login failure using the latest version of VT. Assuming you have carefully confirmed that you haven't made a typo in either your user name or password, the failure to log in is puzzling. Any chance that you are using a special character in your password? There is a remote chance that Java could be converting a character incorrectly in the process of passing it along to the Tesla server. Hard to imagine what else could be wrong. Paranoid local firewall blocking VT?

Many of us are logging in successfully with 0.50.08. As a test I just stopped and restarted VT and logged in successfully.

You appear to be the first report of login failure using the latest version of VT. Assuming you have carefully confirmed that you haven't made a typo in either your user name or password, the failure to log in is puzzling. Any chance that you are using a special character in your password? There is a remote chance that Java could be converting a character incorrectly in the process of passing it along to the Tesla server. Hard to imagine what else could be wrong. Paranoid local firewall blocking VT?
Weird. I reset my password just to make sure I had the right password. What I did notice is that it said to enter in my e-mail address as username even though it was already filled. As soon as I retyped in my e-mail address it worked. I recently updated my Java to latest version but hadn't used VT for about a week.

Just as a data point, my VT didn't successfully connect to my car for most of today, and when I checked, neither did the iPhone Tesla app nor RemoteS. VT connected to Tesla but said that remote access in the car was off (which it wasn't, I made a point to check).

Bottom line, at least for some cars there was a temporary communications issue today, which is what @CuriousG may have run into as opposed to VT not functioning properly.

Can anybody tell me what the triangles mean in the Charge view?
?
Skjermbilde 2016-03-08 kl. 14.24.43.png

I changed the resolution to 1280x1024, 1280x800, and 1280x768, 1024x768 and it still puts the car and all text around it in the top left corner. Her is a screen shot of what I see on my screen http://prntscr.com/abdolb.

I am running Windows 10 in BootCamp on a MacBook Pro but Windows is running just like it would run on a PC Laptop.

Not in front of my installation at the moment, but if memory serves, Joe added some display magnification/scaling options to VT some time back to address some folks have issues... perhaps dig in the options a bit and see if they are still there and/or help?

Just as a data point, my VT didn't successfully connect to my car for most of today, and when I checked, neither did the iPhone Tesla app nor RemoteS. VT connected to Tesla but said that remote access in the car was off (which it wasn't, I made a point to check).

Bottom line, at least for some cars there was a temporary communications issue today, which is what @CuriousG may have run into as opposed to VT not functioning properly.
I had trouble connecting with the Android app yesterday and my wife said the center screen was blank. Rebooted when she got home.

Hi!

Wondering if there's a way for VisibleTesla to e-mail me when the car reaches a mileage milestone (like say, every 10,000 miles)? Also it would be nice to have it e-mail me on Jan 1 to help my records know how many miles I had at that time.

I just noticed the notice if odometer passes X miles.... That's the bulk of it.... just need a checkbox for "Every 10,000 miles" or something like that....

Thanks for any info!!

-m

I just noticed the notice if odometer passes X miles.... That's the bulk of it.... just need a checkbox for "Every 10,000 miles" or something like that....

Thanks for any info!!

-m

Why not just create two reminders--one at 10,000 miles and one at 20,000 miles. Once the car has passed 10,000 miles, you'll have the time it will take you to drive almost 20,000 miles to remember to modify the 10,000 to 30,000. Rinse and repeat.

If you're really afraid you won't remember, just set up 15 or 20 reminders now--one at each 10,000 mile increment.

Edit: Scratch the above. I thought you could set up more than one reminder, like you can do in the scheduler, but when I actually went to check I realized what I suggested above is not possible. You could set a reminder at 10,000 miles, and then just hope you can remember to change it to 20,000 miles before you get there, and keep doing that...

Last edited: