Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VT mas been running great for me for a long time.

Yesterday, I acquired a new 90D with pano roof, and the 85D will very soon be sold.

VT sees that I have two Tesla's, but it show the new car as a 70, not a 90. Everything else is correct (shows pano roof, color, etc)

Has anyone seen incorrect battery IDs before? Any ideas on how to fix it?

VT mas been running great for me for a long time.

Yesterday, I acquired a new 90D with pano roof, and the 85D will very soon be sold.

VT sees that I have two Tesla's, but it show the new car as a 70, not a 90. Everything else is correct (shows pano roof, color, etc)

Has anyone seen incorrect battery IDs before? Any ideas on how to fix it?
Yes, my 90D shows up as a 70D. I checked the override section and 90D is not an option.

Hi guys,
I've tried to search the thread for this info but failed :(
I have 2 questions;
1-I'm throwing my request for native Synology support in there. It would be great to have it run on mine. Is it on the roadmap at all?
2-Whilst I've got everything else working, all of my trip history is completely empty, for every single day. I drive every day, so am not sure why this might be. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong please?
Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 10.49.42 am.png

Hi guys,
I've tried to search the thread for this info but failed :(
I have 2 questions;
1-I'm throwing my request for native Synology support in there. It would be great to have it run on mine. Is it on the roadmap at all?

Please see my post just a couple of posts up. It's not clear that jpasqua, the author, is still working on VT at all.

2-Whilst I've got everything else working, all of my trip history is completely empty, for every single day. I drive every day, so am not sure why this might be. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

Are you running VT 24 X 7, or at least leaving it running when you are driving? It can only record things while it is actively running on a computer somewhere.

I'll take a look, although the Location tab seemed to work for me.
Thanks. There are many reports recently (in this thread) about the app crashing when clicking on the Location tab.
It seems more likely now that this is probably tied to a Java runtime environment bug though.
I usually use VisibleTesla on my Mac (running latest OS X + Java 8), but I tried installing it on a Linux VM and using Java 7 the Location tab worked just fine (but on Linux with Java 8 the app wouldn't even launch).

Please see my post just a couple of posts up. It's not clear that jpasqua, the author, is still working on VT at all.

Are you running VT 24 X 7, or at least leaving it running when you are driving? It can only record things while it is actively running on a computer somewhere.
Thanks for the reply.
Yep been running it 24x7 with sleep turned off on my computer.
It shows the driving in the energy graph but not the trip in the trip tab.

Yep been running it 24x7 with sleep turned off on my computer.
It shows the driving in the energy graph but not the trip in the trip tab.
Could this be related to the fact that the Location tracking isn't working sometimes (Possibly API limit reached like another user suggested?)? Did you click on Location and does it show you the red marker? If it doesn't, Location tracking doesn't work properly at this moment.

Anybody still using this? Is there an alternative that doesn't require a smart phone? I just got it, and enjoy the data it provides. But I can't get any data except when the application (and computer) is running. Is it possible for the program to get data that happened before it started running?
Oops, was reading the wrong end of this thread, I see my answer. Another problem, it doesn't show a map on the Location tab. Anyone have a fix for this?

Anybody still using this? Is there an alternative that doesn't require a smart phone? I just got it, and enjoy the data it provides. But I can't get any data except when the application (and computer) is running. Is it possible for the program to get data that happened before it started running?
It's not, and AFAIK it's not possible with any of the alternatives either. There's no API for fetching historical data and I don't know that there's any reason to believe it gets stored anywhere at all, including by Tesla. I for one would prefer it not be without my explicit consent, for obvious (?) privacy-related reasons.

I have the code building and have started to make some updates. One issue is the pano roof not showing for my 85D. That's now fixed. I'd like to add in support for the 90 models. If anyone wants to send PNGs with the various 90 models emblems, that would be great. Height of the PNG should be ~23 pixels and it should be on a white background.

Also does anyone have any documentation on the various feature codes? There are quite a few that the app has incorrect for my 85D.