Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another place the Units setting is not applied is the Location tab showing in the righ upper corner the speed in miles per hour, this is both in release 0.28.01 as 0.50.06. Should look at Units and show km/h for me.
View attachment 77400

This is in fact not mph, but mph converted from km/h to mph! Quick bugfix, tested and works:
Code:
--- a/src/org/noroomattheinn/visibletesla/LocationController.java
+++ b/src/org/noroomattheinn/visibletesla/LocationController.java
@@ -181,7 +181,7 @@ public class LocationController extends BaseController {
 //            });

}
-        multigauge.setVal(Side.LEFT, useMiles ? ss.speed : Utils.kmToMiles(ss.speed));
+        multigauge.setVal(Side.LEFT, useMiles ? ss.speed : Utils.milesToKm(ss.speed));
         multigauge.setVal(Side.RIGHT, ss.power);
     }

Last edited:
There were major changes made by Tesla, requiring major changes to Visible Tesla.

You need the version of the software available in this post:

VisibleTesla - Page 174

Edit: This post explains the background: VisibleTesla - Page 154

Andy,

I, too, am unable to login with Mac version 50.06.

I had rock-solid access with the .29 until I was moved to the new servers, apparently. Only one time have I been able to VT 50.06 to work, and that was the first time I launched it. Ever since, I get the "bad credentials use your email..." error message.

The much older version started working for me again. Was the consensus the issues of not being able to even log on an issue with Tesla's servers? I hadn't tried to update to the latest version since I didn't want VisibleTesla to stop working.

The much older version started working for me again. Was the consensus the issues of not being able to even log on an issue with Tesla's servers? I hadn't tried to update to the latest version since I didn't want VisibleTesla to stop working.

I've been running the new version almost constantly since I built it myself before the trip to the Coeur d'Alene super charger opening. I've only had one issue and that was certainly not an issue with VisibleTesla creating any issues since it only happened on WiFi. Service acknowledged the issue and said that the same issue was effecting cars connecting to the service centers WiFi.

Back when I got my first car in September I noticed that the phone app was downright miserable to use when VisibleTesla was running. I haven't seen that at all on the new car. I regret having waited so long to start running VisibleTesla again because things are much better than they were before.

Will this is interesting. I built a new Win8.1 machine, and reinstalled what I thought was the latest previous stable version of VisibleTesla. Now when I get email notifications, the SOC is listed as 82% no matter what the real charge state is. Example:

Charge State: Charging
SOC: 82%
Range: 103.7 mi
Estimated Range: 140.1 mi
Ideal Range: 120.0 m
i

The other parts of VT (scheduling, geofencing, etc...) seem to be working as expected.

Hmm, upon reflection, I seem ot recall my previous machine was running something like v.29.01. The version I have running currently is only v.29.00, Maybe that's it...

Will this is interesting. I built a new Win8.1 machine, and reinstalled what I thought was the latest previous stable version of VisibleTesla. Now when I get email notifications, the SOC is listed as 82% no matter what the real charge state is. Example:

Charge State: Charging
Range: 103.7 mi
Estimated Range: 140.1 mi
Ideal Range: 120.0 m
i

The other parts of VT (scheduling, geofencing, etc...) seem to be working as expected.

Hmm, upon reflection, I seem ot recall my previous machine was running something like v.29.01. The version I have running currently is only v.29.00, Maybe that's it...

Whoa how do you get such a high "estimated range" figure relative to the other two??
Mine is always way under (but then again my lifetime avg over 10,000 miles is 388 Wh/mi...)

Whoa how do you get such a high "estimated range" figure relative to the other two??
Mine is always way under (but then again my lifetime avg over 10,000 miles is 388 Wh/mi...)

Interestingly, that was after a specific test I just did to see how low I could get my avg energy usage for a trip by driving very conservatively. Normally for the route/temp during my test I'd be in the 280's. For that trip I was down in the low 230's... with the lat 15 miles having averaged 198.

I typically ignore that metric, but now that you point it out, it's probably the most specific evidence I've seen indicating that the car does track driving habits internally, even if it no longer displays it anywhere. I think it must use the last 30 mile avg. for that estimate, as 140mi is about the range I recall the energy app in the car displaying.

Incidentally, that range was with ~40% SOC on the car...

For reference, here's more typical trip for me:

Charge State: Starting
Range: 106.9 mi
Estimated Range: 114.2 mi
Ideal Range: 123.7 mi

Interestingly, that was after a specific test I just did to see how low I could get my avg energy usage for a trip by driving very conservatively. Normally for the route/temp during my test I'd be in the 280's. For that trip I was down in the low 230's... with the lat 15 miles having averaged 198.

I typically ignore that metric, but now that you point it out, it's probably the most specific evidence I've seen indicating that the car does track driving habits internally, even if it no longer displays it anywhere. I think it must use the last 30 mile avg. for that estimate, as 140mi is about the range I recall the energy app in the car displaying.

Incidentally, that range was with ~40% SOC on the car...

For reference, here's more typical trip for me:

Charge State: Starting
Range: 106.9 mi
Estimated Range: 114.2 mi
Ideal Range: 123.7 mi

Interesting, thanks for sharing. It could very well be that the "estimated range" that VT is reporting is simply the same figure as "projected range", which is displayed in the Consumption tab of the Energy in-car app.

Joe P. can you please confirm this, and if not, shed some light on where you're gathering the estimated range value from?

Interesting, thanks for sharing. It could very well be that the "estimated range" that VT is reporting is simply the same figure as "projected range", which is displayed in the Consumption tab of the Energy in-car app.

Joe P. can you please confirm this, and if not, shed some light on where you're gathering the estimated range value from?
The estimated range comes directly from the Tesla telemetry -- it's part of both the query API and the streaming API. And, yes, it does seem to correlated to Projected.

VisibleTesla 0.50.07 is available

A new minor release of VisibleTesla is available. If you're already on 0.50.06, you can update through the app. You can also download directly using these links:

You can check out the minor changes in the release notes here.

Thanks to Ben Reser for several code contributions!

DISCLAIMER: Using VisibleTesla may cause Tesla Motors to limit or completely cease your remote access capability. If they do this, you will not be able to use your mobile phone application, or its use may be impaired. The author of VisibleTesla cannot do anything to rectify this situation if it occurs. You are solely responsible for any adverse effects that stem from the use of VisibleTesla. Use it at your own risk.

Reactions: Alex D