Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vote for a Recall of FSD 11.3.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The update to 11.3.3 has been the most frustrating experience of being a Tesla owner ever. It rendered FSD absolutely unusable. It has so many serious issues that it doesn't even make sense to list them - I'm sure you have your own list. I feel deceived. I paid $100,000 for this car because I liked FSD. And now I can no longer use it because it's so bad. What can we do to resolve issues with 11.3.3? Wait? Revert to 10.69? File a complaint with NHTSA?

I assume if many of us file complaints, they will do something about it. Use the following link to report safety issues with FSD 11.3.3: Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA

The update to 11.3.3 has been the most frustrating experience of being a Tesla owner ever. It rendered FSD absolutely unusable. It has so many serious issues that it doesn't even make sense to list them - I'm sure you have your own list. I feel deceived. I paid $100,000 for this car because I liked FSD. And now I can no longer use it because it's so bad. What can we do to resolve issues with 11.3.3? Wait? Revert to 10.69? File a complaint with NHTSA?

I assume if many of us file complaints, they will do something about it. Use the following link to report safety issues with FSD 11.3.3: Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA
Okay, let's start with some basics:

1) Are you just venting, and if so can we get you a hot beverage?
2) What model/year is your car?
3) What have you tried from a diagnostic standpoint to resolve these issues?

Sounds like previous versions worked well for you, so this is likely something you can mitigate while we wait for .4 with the right procedures.

I can understand your frustration after spending $100K on a car with features that were 'supposed' to be working by now. I personally think FSD will never be sufficient until they add some form of new radar/cameras to the front area of the car to detect traffic and not have to depend on B-pillar cameras way too far back on the car. I disengage FSD 100% of the time when it decides it wants to leap out half-way into the lane and just sit there. It drives me nuts and is completely unsafe (especially when there are curves and bends in the road).

I fully support any car owner filing a complaint if they genuinely feel they were ripped off, but like the poster above me, I would also like some more info about what it is you are struggling with on FSD.

Reactions: Mark II

The FSD doesn't cost 100 000 but 15 000$
FSD is in BETA not all people received it

From what I’ve seen, setting it to the most aggressive option but limit lane changes (which you have to do each drive), is the best way to go.
I've driven this way and with average and the car does pretty good. I don't think it's a regression at all. Most of the driving maneuvers have been smoothed out a lot. I think it still can behave in unpredictable ways especially in busy rush hour situations so be mindful of that but it has been pretty good other than that for me. It's really nice on highways and feels quite human-like.

Tesla changed a lot under the hood with this update. It's to be expected there will be some regression. I'm confident Tesla, with the help of all of us beta testers, will be able to make this system work better than the old system. It will take time and patience though.

Knowing that this update has its issues, it simply means the driver has to be more vigilant and ready to take over when the system makes a mistake.

Reactions: Mark II
v11.3.3 has been the best version for me in a long time. Not perfect but so much better than the .69’s. I have the same complaints as others and hope .4 will correct them but I wouldn’t go back to the previous version.
All of you are amazing! You are paying to be Tesla’s Guinea piggies. Tesla is laughing at you and using your data for their research and development. They should pay you for using this system and your data. Not vice versa. Why would people do that is beyond me. Musk is rolling in billions of dollars and is making a laughing stock out of you.
He got you figured out for sure. What a smart man!

All of you are amazing! You are paying to be Tesla’s Guinea piggies. Tesla is laughing at you and using your data for their research and development. They should pay you for using this system and your data. Not vice versa. Why would people do that is beyond me. Musk is rolling in billions of dollars and is making a laughing stock out of you.
He got you figured out for sure. What a smart man!
Nah. I paid 5k for all of TACC, AP, EAP and FSD during the fire sale and for that price, even if it didn’t get any better, is good enough for me. When I bought my car new, I chose NO options at that time. I wouldn’t pay 15k for it.

But would pay a subscription once in a while to check in on progress.

If I bought a new Tesla today, the base autopilot that comes with the car, is good enough.

Reactions: bsf29 and dn325ci
V11 has been much better for me in terms of smoothness, decision making and dealing with non-standard situations. I am having a harder time actually getting into FSD once driving on non-highway roads. Additionally, I'm not a fan of the car hugging the outside lane when passing semi's, but I understand this is intended behavior.

V11 has been much better for me in terms of smoothness, decision making and dealing with non-standard situations. I am having a harder time actually getting into FSD once driving on non-highway roads. Additionally, I'm not a fan of the car hugging the outside lane when passing semi's, but I understand this is intended behavior.

I agree with you about the lane edge hugging when passing big trucks. I will go a bit further though and say that it should account for traffic in the next lane over. I don't think it does and just moves over the same amount whether there is a car next to you or not. If I was the other car I would probably see that and think the Tesla was about to drift into my lane. I understand it is intended behavior, I just think it should be modified slightly.

The FSD doesn't cost 100 000 but 15 000$
FSD costs way more than $15k. The feature as an add-on for a Tesla might cost that, but it seems reasonable to assume that part of the cost of the car itself pays for the extra cameras and the R&D costs for the FSD feature. So there are a lot of hidden costs not reflected in that number.

Either way, the true cost is not what you pay for FSD after having already decided to buy a Tesla. The true cost is the difference in price between the cheapest vehicle with FSD that meets your needs and the cost of the cheapest vehicle without FSD that meets your needs. That number varies from person to person, depending on your needs.

For some people who really want an EV with a usable range, but are okay with a Model 3, the best-case true cost is probably pretty close to $15k, because the Model 3 price is not that much higher than other EVs on the market. For people who don't care whether their car is an EV, the price difference is probably closer to $25k.

For people who require a larger vehicle, though, it isn't nearly as cheap. The Model Y starts at $55k, which may or may not meet some people's space needs, and the Model X starts at $100k. If the smallest Tesla that meets your needs is a $100k Model X, then when you add FSD, your cost is $115k, whereas an SUV or a minivan might start at $40k. So the worst-case true cost of FSD is $75k.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ruffles

Well, you can file a complaint with NHTSA if you like. But be aware that NHTSA takes months, at best, to investigate and take action against any complaints. In the meantime, the FSD version you complain about will likely be long surpassed by other versions which may fix the issues you are having. Odds are, that 11.3.4 will be released within a week or two.

That is, of course, assuming that the many issues you are having are suitable for NHTSA to take action.

I agree with you about the lane edge hugging when passing big trucks. I will go a bit further though and say that it should account for traffic in the next lane over. I don't think it does and just moves over the same amount whether there is a car next to you or not. If I was the other car I would probably see that and think the Tesla was about to drift into my lane. I understand it is intended behavior, I just think it should be modified slightly.
It feels super naive like a lot of the classic NOA features, like the logic feels obvious like... "if (adjacentVehicleLeft.class == 'semitruck') ego.lane_offset = 10". Even if the truck passes me then the car immediately shifts over. There should be hard and soft constraints and some dwell time constraint (like at least 5 seconds or something), and it should prioritize accelerating to get out of a semi's shadow instead of just laterally shifting in lanes.

This has not been my experience but if the beta is giving you this much trouble you should opt out of the beta until it satisfies your requirements.

Reactions: Yelobird