Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VW Fallout: $2.0 Billion for ZEV Infrastructure Buildout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Done that.; Never, ever, buying anything from the VW stable ever again.

Sadly I have a VW Golf on the drive because no compensation in UK, and cost of early exit from finance package and depreciation for early sale would be fine if VW was paying, but not if I have to ...

worked out with my daughter's car that we could take out a bank loan, pay off the finance, sold the car, paid off the bank loan.

Bit of a faff, but no VAG crap on our driveways, and never will be, even if one day they make the best EV in the world.

Elon is actively changing the world we live in, in a way that has never been seen before.
For that he gets my utmost respect and admiration, and so long as I can afford it I will buy Tesla so that in my small way I can support his goals.

I´ll always consider all options, VW included.

here's hoping that their lying culture doesn't extend and include anything safety critical then.

I've fallen out with Sharkleys too and, in their case, the lying culture occurred repeatedly, along with the penalties and fines. My concern is that that is likely with other culprits too.

I'm also pissed with Apply for slowing down my iPhone without bothering to give me an option.

Running out of good, old fashioned, honest vendors in fact ... but the ones that offer a good service and are not trying to catch me out with some "hidden penalty" get my business.

My daughter told me yesterday that on a return flight from some European capital (i've forgotten which airline) she was unable to check in (with computer) before hand and the charge for checking in at the airport? 200 Euros :eek:

I'm also pissed with Apply for slowing down my iPhone without bothering to give me an option.
Yep, although Apple now finally gives you the option to disable the slowdown on the current iOS under Settings/Battery/BatteryHealth. Also, you now have the option for a cheaper battery replacement that restores full speed together with full usable battery capacity.

The "coming soon" list on the EA site just expanded from the prior 18 to 32:

Welcome to Electrify America | Locations

Of the 32 locations coming soon, none are in California?

RT
Supposedly Black & Veatch were going to focus on permit applications during the 2nd quarter in California but I haven’t found any evidence of that yet.

But, they are a very experienced firm and apparently are handling some of the “coming soon” sites outside California so I’m confident they will make it happen soon.

Perhaps they are focusing on northern states first so they can finish them before the climate turns colder in the fall? That’s obviously not the strategy happening in the eastern U.S. where they seem to be building out mostly southern locations first.

Last edited:
I´m a consumer, I always vote with my wallet. But on the other hand my wallet tends to prefer good prices over brand loyalty or person cult so I´ll always consider all options, VW included.
Consumer by definition votes with his wallet - awareness of your vote isn't necessary to vote.

Loyal Amazon & Walmart buyer no doubt?
I hope you don't get the world you are voting for - and I suspect you have no idea what I'm concerned about.

good luck anyway
most of us can use all the luck we can get

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I wish there was an easier way to see the location of fast chargers. Some of the Walmart installations are better than I expected. Although I am still skeptical that the up time will compare to superchargers.
The uptime is not that huge of an issue as long as all the sites have at least 4 chargers. When a site has only one or two chargers the uptime is much more critical.

Electrify America just open their first 8 charger location and their first 10 car site is under construction.

81B7FB8E-7B64-4A05-AE8E-718CDA853CEF.jpeg

I just posted an article about this to my website:

Electrify America preps first site with 10 chargers

Electrify America just open their first 8 charger location and their first 10 car site is under construction.

I just posted an article about this to my website:

Electrify America preps first site with 10 chargers

Thanks for the article. A couple of points:

"The Chevrolet Bolt can charge at up to 55 kW which is 20 percent faster than at older 50 kW chargers installed in North America today"

Should that be 10%? Or is the issue with the current the 50kW chargers are capable of delivering for a given voltage?

"The only car known to utilize 350 kW charging is the Porsche Taycan (previously known as the Mission E) and it is not expected until late 2019."

You might want to consider saying "claimed to"... as I don't think it's been proven yet. What's more, the EA stations are 150KW @ 1000V, and as the Taycan is an 800V architecture (with peak power delivery somewhere around 700V before taper), it's not likely that it will see more than 250kW unless the ABB chargers EA is installing are using liquid cooled cables and handles we are unaware of to get past the 350A rating....

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911