Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have received an email from the delivery team today advising that the estimate for my delivery is late November (it was late October). #VINLESS
Yours is same spec as mine. I can recall you went to Richmond and was told end of Oct. I was told the same a week after. Although I haven't heard anything from them, late November suits me a bit better because of the oversea trip.

Yours is same spec as mine. I can recall you went to Richmond and was told end of Oct. I was told the same a week after. Although I haven't heard anything from them, late November suits me a bit better because of the oversea trip.

I actually have an email dated 19/09 stating that I don't have a VIN but it is expected that I will get the car no later than the end of October.

One day before I place my order I was at the Chadstone Tesla and I was told that in order to receive the car by September I need to place the order within two weeks. If I miss the September delivery the following deliveries will be in December! I have placed my order within 24 hours but I still didn't get the car in September.

Reactions: TASKA9
He has that VIN range on Tongala also, but unconfirmed.
I hope it was on the later ship, because it may have been manufactured >1/9/19 and so may have external speakers. I like the possibility of Coconuts and farts directed to loiterers.
At first I wasn’t happy about the speakers but the more I thought about it, the more I want them now. I really want to be able to play coconuts and goats etc :) Imagine the fun we will be able to have!!

It looks like that VIN range was on the ANL Warrnambool which docked in Sydney on the 13th Sept. It may have also been on another ship but @Vedaprime spreadsheet lists that ship as the only confirmed one for that VIN range.
I wonder if this is one of the cars that has been redeployed from one person/location to another?

I specifically know there was a second production run for 4884xx manufactured on 19th August. The earliest it could be on is ANL Tongala, maybe waited for Debussy.

For all of the vinless, my bet is on Debussy. It had an almost 2 day load time - very long. Brotonne was just as big. It likely has a big number on board. Debussy arrived October 5. Add a little under 2 weeks, and the first should be coming out.

We are not too far away. I know Tesla Brisbane just cleared a bunch of space for the ones inbound.

We will know for sure once invoices are issued. But First - hidden vins should be popping up.

For all of the vinless, my bet is on Debussy. It had an almost 2 day load time - very long. Brotonne was just as big. It likely has a big number on board. Debussy arrived October 5. Add a little under 2 weeks, and the first should be coming out.

We are not too far away. I know Tesla Brisbane just cleared a bunch of space for the ones inbound..
Nice work as usual . I am sure a lot on here appreciate your work .. I am just one of them. :)

Reactions: Vedaprime
as I only placed my order on 19/9 - BUT - I am so sick of having to answer every call I get from unidentified numbers just in case its Tesla.
I placed my order on 11/9/19. I am not even remotely thinking about getting calls from Tesla.
I am expecting December delivery, don't really care if it is January. I would actually prefer it to be a 2020 made car, but not expecting it to be.

Wierd that still no VIN or order dates for anyone with LR AWD. Seems to have fallen off the models being supplied.

I’d happily take a P3- if they had one to offer at the same price, pickup from Sydney... I don’t understand how white interiors seem to have been sorted and yet nothing on the LR AWD when they were introduced at the same time.

Reactions: DasBoot
I specifically know there was a second production run for 4884xx manufactured on 19th August. The earliest it could be on is ANL Tongala, maybe waited for Debussy.

We are not too far away. I know Tesla Brisbane just cleared a bunch of space for the ones inbound.

We will know for sure once invoices are issued. But First - hidden vins should be popping up.

Your post has given me renewed hope Vedaprime!

Reactions: Vedaprime
I’d happily take a P3- if they had one to offer at the same price, pickup from Sydney... I don’t understand how white interiors seem to have been sorted and yet nothing on the LR AWD when they were introduced at the same time.

I have contacted them several times asking for a P3- instead of the LR AWD. Last time Incalled they said that all the surplus P-‘s had been allocated and this wasn’t an option. The LR AWD seems to have just been put on the back burner, people who are ordering other variants without reservations are getting their cars and still NO VIN, NO estimate for delivery and NO comms from TESLA for me. I have tried to speak to TESLA on several occasions as I only changed to the LR AWD when the sales team assured me there wouldn’t be any delay because of this other than my delivery estimate going from August to September. I feel like TESLA employees should be told that if they don’t know an answer then just say so, what make all of this so hard is the misleading and contradicting statements that keep getting made. I have been told:

- RH LR AWD’s have not even been put into production yet and it will be end of quarter for delivery.
- RH LR AWD’s have been produced and deliveries will start soon and it is possible it may be in October.
- If no VIN assigned yet then no delivery before end of November.
- VIN assignment doesn’t matter as they are only allocated immediately before delivery arranged.

Surely someone in TESLA knows what cars are being produced. They have had my reservation for 3 years and my order since June and they still can’t even tell me if I will get a car this year. On the plus side my mate who ordered a P+ (End of July) with White Interior and no reservation took me for a ride in his new car yesterday after receiving it way earlier than he expected, it is awesome and his delivery experience was good. Just wish the communication was better, their customer service is a disgrace.

Reactions: corndog and TASKA9
I have contacted them several times asking for a P3- instead of the LR AWD. Last time Incalled they said that all the surplus P-‘s had been allocated and this wasn’t an option. The LR AWD seems to have just been put on the back burner, people who are ordering other variants without reservations are getting their cars and still NO VIN, NO estimate for delivery and NO comms from TESLA for me. I have tried to speak to TESLA on several occasions as I only changed to the LR AWD when the sales team assured me there wouldn’t be any delay because of this other than my delivery estimate going from August to September. I feel like TESLA employees should be told that if they don’t know an answer then just say so, what make all of this so hard is the misleading and contradicting statements that keep getting made. I have been told:

- RH LR AWD’s have not even been put into production yet and it will be end of quarter for delivery.
- RH LR AWD’s have been produced and deliveries will start soon and it is possible it may be in October.
- If no VIN assigned yet then no delivery before end of November.
- VIN assignment doesn’t matter as they are only allocated immediately before delivery arranged.

Surely someone in TESLA knows what cars are being produced. They have had my reservation for 3 years and my order since June and they still can’t even tell me if I will get a car this year. On the plus side my mate who ordered a P+ (End of July) with White Interior and no reservation took me for a ride in his new car yesterday after receiving it way earlier than he expected, it is awesome and his delivery experience was good. Just wish the communication was better, their customer service is a disgrace.

That’s all a bit disappointing. Here’s hoping one of the recent ships proves some of that incorrect.... (not holding my breath)

I am an early reservation holder and have been called by Tesla Deliveries last night to inform me that my delivery would be taking place December-January. That there is no performance models available in the country.
I understand this is disappointing news for you and perhaps for all of us who ordered a performance version (+ or - ?).

But this should have been announced to all affected customers by Tesla. That's the transparency I was taking about. Most people would be okay to wait as long as they know the estimate ETA. A lot of us have been waiting for over three years. And if it was the P+, @htm7130 probably was lied to, perhaps unintentionally due to being uninformed. Late Nov can be taken as early Dec, but not Dec - Jan.

Are there any performance differences between the P3D+ and P3D- ??
Acceleration is virtually identical, but the P3D+ model has a higher top speed (261km/h vs around 250 km/h). The P3D+ model also has much larger brakes which will perform better under track conditions.

On the road, I suspect that the difference is going to be minimal. It may even be that the P3D- model is a far more streetable performance car because of the 18" wheels (vs. 20").