Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for delivery text...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the text today about delivery 11am on Monday in dartford.. good timing as I only get back from a work trip ok Sunday!!

The final invoice is in my account, but I’m doing finance with Blackhorse. No idea how to pay the deposit?

I too find myself waiting for the text. My order hasn't had the easiest birth and so I had some kind of escalation manager manually allocate me a car. As a result I haven't had a single text or email from Tesla yet - but I'm told my car was on the Triumph Ace and I should expect a delivery slot in the next week.

Trouble in paradise. All official communication to me has been via email. No texts. Got an email on 24 July giving me a delivery estimate window of 17 to 24 August. I'm on holiday in the USA and won't land back home until the 20th. No problem I thought, I can pay when asked and push the delivery until I'm back if by some miracle it is the early end of that estimate. Just got an email today with a new delivery date of 12 August at 10.30am (West Drayton/Heathrow is my DC). So, while I am happy to pay I guess they will not be happy to wait for my return. Guess someone else is going to get my car...

I am more than happy to look after it for you :D what did you go for?

Did you hear anything from Tesla on your options to delay the delivery?
I have been trying to determine the best way of asking for a new date. Had been hoping to leverage off the experience of any others who are in the same situation. Perhaps not the best course but paid in full today and will tell them that the date won't work a bit later. They had asked me quite some time ago for what dates I would be away, and nothing changed in my plans. But I understand it is chaos right now getting the cars to the customers so am trying to be accepting. I will report back once I know more for anyone else in the same predicament...

I have been trying to determine the best way of asking for a new date. Had been hoping to leverage off the experience of any others who are in the same situation. Perhaps not the best course but paid in full today and will tell them that the date won't work a bit later. They had asked me quite some time ago for what dates I would be away, and nothing changed in my plans. But I understand it is chaos right now getting the cars to the customers so am trying to be accepting. I will report back once I know more for anyone else in the same predicament...

Thanks - as said I am in the same situation...delivery scheduled for Monday morning and I won't be here until the 25th. In addition to that I have a PCP plan with Blackhorse and it is not really clear what to pay to who....I'll probably pay the deposit to Tesla tomorrow and wait to hear from them...!

Still waiting here. The first few days of the delivery window last communicated to me, 7-20 August, have passed without text. Which is fine as I’m on holiday. Phew. Hoping this continues for a few more days.

No final invoice yet either on my account.
Also still waiting here. Also 7-20 August. Also passed without text. Not on holiday though, so hoping to get a text ASAP! :p

Reactions: Roy W.
I’ve had a SC VIN and the same VIN on my Final Invoice for about a week. Scheduled delivery date on the invoice is 28 Aug.

Today I’ve just had an email with a delivery window of 26 Aug - 02 Sep, so that all fits in.

In the email there is this bit:

“Delivery Profile
Complete the following details in your Tesla Account: registration, driver's licence, trade-in preferences, car insurances and payment method.”

I’ve been to My Tesla and I can’t see anywhere to enter this info, and I don’t think I’ve already done it. How have others tackled this?

I’ve had a SC VIN and the same VIN on my Final Invoice for about a week. Scheduled delivery date on the invoice is 28 Aug.

Today I’ve just had an email with a delivery window of 26 Aug - 02 Sep, so that all fits in.

In the email there is this bit:

“Delivery Profile
Complete the following details in your Tesla Account: registration, driver's licence, trade-in preferences, car insurances and payment method.”

I’ve been to My Tesla and I can’t see anywhere to enter this info, and I don’t think I’ve already done it. How have others tackled this?

This was available when I first ordered and had to complete via the account - might be worth checking the source code as this shows the current status;

upload_2019-8-9_13-51-32.png

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
Just called.. got through in a record 45 minutes (friday afternoon, most people have gone home so I can slack off a bit) to be told my car is in Europe! The tesla employee was audibly pleased to be giving good news for once :p So, this month, but they couldn't say when.

It would have been nice to have had some, or indeed *any* indication of this without having to phone the call centre.. like a text, or a reply to emails..

Just called.. got through in a record 45 minutes (friday afternoon, most people have gone home so I can slack off a bit) to be told my car is in Europe! The tesla employee was audibly pleased to be giving good news for once :p So, this month, but they couldn't say when.

It would have been nice to have had some, or indeed *any* indication of this without having to phone the call centre.. like a text, or a reply to emails..

What number did you call please? Might give them a shout...

I had a text / email at 1pm for collection at Dartford next Wednesday and then an hour later a third final invoice appeared. Hopefully no sign of credit note 4 and I can get back to do doing what I used to do before checking source code and refreshing account pages.

I called sales an hour before the text to query some payments so this may have potentially triggered something. It feels like they are scrolling through thousands of names and can just pick someone to provide some movement for IF the car spec matches.

So excited! Wish it could come sooner, but I've waited this long. I'm just so glad to have an actual date now!

View attachment 439716

Same here, no vin, no text, no email, nothing what so ever. Until today afternoon, I got delivery estimate email, followed by delivery appointment email, then followed by final invoice with VIN shown on account page. Delivery date is next week Wednesday. Happy!