Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up this morning and I got my VIN assigned. Also was redirected to read that Tesla Vision statement and now my EDD was updated to May 16- May 23. Was also able to get a Tesla insurance quote which was interesting.
Just got the text to schedule my delivery day. May 15th is the day.

MYP silver metallic/gray, tow hitch, black interior
OD 4/22
EDD initial April 2023.. then on May 1st... May 2023. ;)
Next EDD was the last 3 weeks of May thereabouts
EDD3 May 16-23
delivery date May 15 - Northern Colorado

Did you have to get insurance before you could schedule delivery?
Good question. Did I "have" to? I cannot say for certain. As soon as I am allowed to complete any delivery tasks I have done it just out of fear that if I dont I would delay delivery.

Initially when that insurance task was no longer grayed out and I could complete it.. I simply got a Tesla insurance quote and was good to move forward. Then I decided to go with Progressive and then updated that piece of the pie with my insurance info.

Your not penalized, however you just moved out of one line and into another, at the back. They come from 2 different factories so I don't think they could really "fairly" inject you into the middle of the line. ;-)
Within hours of changing my order from MYLR to MYP this morning my new delivery date was changed from June-July to May 25 - June 22. Woohoo!

But somewhat concerning is that I'll be traveling out of town June 6-15 and can't change those plans. I texted this to Tesla and they said this could be problem as they can't hold the car very long if it is delivered during that timeframe. Any suggestions? Do you think they'll work to accommodate my schedule?

Just got my VIN today. May 8 so less than 30 days from ordering back on April 12,2023 Looks like the A in my VIN tells me it was manufactured in Austin Tx. Scheduled pickup here in Phoenix Az at the Glendale Az Tesla shop is for April 10 at 2:30pm as I took the earliest opening offered to me. Black long range with black interior and 19” wheels. I’m liking that it was so quick as I was anticipating a longer wait time. I’ll post pictures when it’s home in my driveway. I also chose the Tesla insurance.
Picked up my Long Range Model Y today. All went smoothly with no issues. We saw nothing wrong during our inspection of the vehicle. Very pleased thus far. Glendale Az was the service center location which is 10 miles from our home. I drove to my grandsons home and then let him drive me around a bit in the neighborhood. A great day.

Attachments

• IMG_9123.jpeg
    IMG_9123.jpeg
    586.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9122.jpeg
    IMG_9122.jpeg
    364.9 KB · Views: 67
Within hours of changing my order from MYLR to MYP this morning my new delivery date was changed from June-July to May 25 - June 22. Woohoo!

But somewhat concerning is that I'll be traveling out of town June 6-15 and can't change those plans. I texted this to Tesla and they said this could be problem as they can't hold the car very long if it is delivered during that timeframe. Any suggestions? Do you think they'll work to accommodate my schedule?
That's concerning. I'll be out of town for work for a week inside my new delivery window and then on vacation over the last part of that same window.

Similar story here.

Switch 4/18 MYLR order to MYP few days ago then EDD changed to 13May-23May. Got VINned today 5/10, and to schedule delivery within May 11-13th window.

I asked via text if I can reschedule to May 19th since I am out of town. Got a call from my Delivery Center rep who set me up for May 19th delivery.

I think they were able to accommodate my request since it's only within 1 week of the orig delivery window. But it wouldn't hurt to ask if needed to be longer.

YMMV - Best of luck on the delivery timing.

Reactions: PumpkinHead
I made the same mistake applying for credit before the VIN. There were delays and had to apply again which definitely dinged my credit numbers. But not a whole lot though.
Anyone going through USSFCU (United States senate federal credit union) they are offering 4.24% and once approved the loan is good for 60 days. Also, they’ve been inundated with Tesla applications prob from forums like this 🤣 so there might some delays and you should be good getting the loan approved by delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: CyberCruiser