Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made the same mistake applying for credit before the VIN. There were delays and had to apply again which definitely dinged my credit numbers. But not a whole lot though.

My friend just put a reservation in and his SA told him to apply as well. I guided him to these forums to see why he shouldn't and needed to wait for the VIN. The advisors that answer the text are becoming terrible in my experience. They keep telling me I need to accept terms in the app, except the app keeps telling me apply again (which I refuse to obviously as the bank approved and it didn't expire yet). Also, I switched cars from a MYLR Blue to an in transit MYLR Black (after missing out on two blue cars because the advisors took over a day to reply. Only got it by asking for the Mount Kisco location in NY to call me which they did within minutes). Delivery is 5/16-5/22, so the terms would be still valid if all goes well. After 3 days back and forth arguing about why I can't accept the terms (can't accept what I can't see), then them asking me if I was using 3rd party financing despite all of our conversations, I just called and got it wrapped up in 5 minutes and finished everything in the app. This morning I got a text asking me, again, to apply for financing yet the app says I accepted 😂. Reading these forums though helped me know what to say/ask so shout out to everyone for the help!

Reactions: skadoo323
Similar story here.

Switch 4/18 MYLR order to MYP few days ago then EDD changed to 13May-23May. Got VINned today 5/10, and to schedule delivery within May 11-13th window.

I asked via text if I can reschedule to May 19th since I am out of town. Got a call from my Delivery Center rep who set me up for May 19th delivery.

I think they were able to accommodate my request since it's only within 1 week of the orig delivery window. But it wouldn't hurt to ask if needed to be longer.

YMMV - Best of luck on the delivery timing.
Thanks! Fingers crossed. Glad it worked out so well for you.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
MYP Blue Exterior/Black Interior, no tow
OD: 4/25
EDD: May 9 - May 18
EDD (on 4/30): May 2023
EDD (on 5/2): May 18 - June 15
EDD (on 5/9): Received VIN, May 29 - June 8
have same OD - no VIN yet - hopefully I'm close to happiness
FYI - system gives me an accelerated delivery option with same config but white interior - if anyone wants it check your app

Update: got VIN, EDD2 is May 10, pickup time is confirm.
Tesla app now ask for down payment and insurance paperwork . Man these guys are fast . No time to rest 😀. Just hope the car comes in perfect shape🤞
Update:
I did not accept my delivery on May 10 because the rear deck lid misaligned with main body by 3/16 in. Technician tried some quick adjustments but decide to send it to service to correct. I hope it can be corrected. New deliver appt date is May 13. While I want 100% correction but will compromise at 95%.

Just got my VIN this morning
EDD4: May 23-May 30
This is coming to MD. Hopefully the MD/VA/DC folks are going to be on the same truck!
Interesting. Tesla is so weird. I have the same exact order but a day earlier than you and still without a VIN. I am one day drive (600 miles) from Fremont so maybe they send further out first then more locally to balance order date to delivery date across the US?

MYP/Blue/Hitch

Order placed 4/15. Estimated deliver has been and is April, 2023. Without a VIN I'm having a hard time believing I'll get the car before the end of next week. I'm selling my car to Carmax tomorrow and will be driving an old Subaru around until delivery. Torture! 😂
I got a trade in offer from Tesla for $8,100 for my car, I put the information and drove it to Carmax that night and they paid me $13,000! Now we are 1 car down waiting for my MYP.

Reactions: Noflash
I got a trade in offer from Tesla for $8,100 for my car, I put the information and drove it to Carmax that night and they paid me $13,000! Now we are 1 car down waiting for my MYP.
Good to know. Tesla offered me 32,100 for my 2019 Lexus EX 350 and 41,200 for my 2019 Ram 1500. Will take them by car max also once I get a delivery date. Still anxiously awaiting vin numbers. Ordered both cars on 4/23 and am in south Florida

MYLR Red Exterior, Black Interior, 5 seater, no tow
OD: 4/17
EDD: May 18 - June 15
EDD (on 5/5) Updated to 7 seater
EDD (on 5/7) changed to May 25 - June 22
EDD (on 5/11) Received VIN with Schedule Del May 18 - May 21

Traded my Accord, tesla matched with carmax+400 value, KBB-400 value, decided to go with Tesla

Reactions: pkmody
MYLR - White/Black - 19"
OD: 4/22/23
EDD1: Apr-Jun
EDD2: May 11 - Jun 8
EDD3: May 21 - May 29
EDD4: May 20th

Less than a month. 27 days to be precise.

Folks any suggestion on getting PPF or Ceramic Coating? Should I get it done? Or we are OK without it?

Reactions: skadoo323