Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR - White/Black - 19"
OD: 4/22/23
EDD1: Apr-Jun
EDD2: May 11 - Jun 8
EDD3: May 21 - May 29
EDD4: May 20th

Less than a month. 27 days to be precise.

Folks any suggestion on getting PPF or Ceramic Coating? Should I get it done? Or we are OK without it?
I'd at least get full frontal PPF. At least here in AZ, its like driving through a gravel storm everywhere I go. I am doing full front PPF (bumper, hood, fenders, headlights, mirrors) and full ceramic coating.

Thanks! Fingers crossed. Glad it worked out so well for you.
So I now see on the inventory website that my same spec care is available in Vancouver, WA. This is about 150 miles from Bend, OR where I live. Looks like I can go on website and buy it outright but the quote is for $250 more since the price went up after my original order date of 4/27. Is there a way for me to get my locked in price for $250 less? And I know I'd likely have to pay the $500 transportation fee to get to Bend if I don't want to have someone drive me to Vancouver, right? I really don't want to spend $750 more than what I have locked in to get my original order delivered to Bend. On the other hand, would love to get the car ASAP as I may be traveling away from town when the original order gets delivered May 25-June 23. Any recommendations? Thanks!

So I now see on the inventory website that my same spec care is available in Vancouver, WA. This is about 150 miles from Bend, OR where I live. Looks like I can go on website and buy it outright but the quote is for $250 more since the price went up after my original order date of 4/27. Is there a way for me to get my locked in price for $250 less? And I know I'd likely have to pay the $500 transportation fee to get to Bend if I don't want to have someone drive me to Vancouver, right? I really don't want to spend $750 more than what I have locked in to get my original order delivered to Bend. On the other hand, would love to get the car ASAP as I may be traveling away from town when the original order gets delivered May 25-June 23. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Honestly, I would not go for inventory cars. The chances of it being a rejected car is pretty high (the other option being someone backing out and losing their $250 order fee). And the fact that you'll potentially be driving 150 miles might cause issues for you if you notice a defect once you get home as I hear that Tesla will acknowledge any defects within 100 miles on the odometer.

Honestly, I would not go for inventory cars. The chances of it being a rejected car is pretty high (the other option being someone backing out and losing their $250 order fee). And the fact that you'll potentially be driving 150 miles might cause issues for you if you notice a defect once you get home as I hear that Tesla will acknowledge any defects within 100 miles on the odometer.
Wow. Really good to know. Better sit on this until it gets delivered to my own dealer. Thanks.

From NorCal,
MYLR, gray, 20 in wheels, blk interior
OD 4/28/22
EDD JUNE-JUL

too long, week later, updated to MYP, only 2K more, everything else same.
EDD changes to 5/10-5/23
Seems that end date is pretty accurate from other posts. Hopefully hear something from Tesla in the next 12 days.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Wow. Really good to know. Better sit on this until it gets delivered to my own dealer. Thanks.
So I went ahead and had the VIN assigned to me and plan to pick it up in Vancouver, WA on Tuesday. SA on phone assured me that he checked and VIN had never been assigned to someone previously so I think this is a "freshy". Kind of surprised though that this car would just show up at dealership unclaimed with all the demand lately. Maybe each dealer gets allotted cars of certain build type that gets shipped regardless if someone actually ordered it from them? Anyway, sure hope it's in good condition so I can accept because I booked a one-way flight there from Bend, OR (need to be in Portland for work that day anyway so worked out well). Super excited!

I got a trade in offer from Tesla for $8,100 for my car, I put the information and drove it to Carmax that night and they paid me $13,000! Now we are 1 car down waiting for my MYP.
Similliar for me. I had a 2022 Pacifica Hybrid.
Tesla offered $36k~$40 range, Vroom $42k.
Sold to Vroom and was paid within 5 days from the first estimate.

Now we only have a 2door Wrangler for the family.
Wife is not happy but she will be when the MY arrives :D