Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered a few days before you, and are still at EDD2 May24-Jun21. Hope we get an update soon! Our trade-in will have to be reappraised if we go into June.
I hope it does as well. I watched people who ordered after me get their VINs more quickly, then people who had ordered well before me who were still waiting, but I think those cases are outliers.

Reactions: RichBenn
I hope it does as well. I watched people who ordered after me get their VINs more quickly, then people who had ordered well before me who were still waiting, but I think those cases are out
Clearly the performance models seem to ship earlier than long range. Beyond that, i’ve no clue how they decide what to build and how that relates to orders.

If it is the same for you then Cashier's Check is better as you can keep it until the last minute you decide to accept/reject the delivered vehicle.
But you can do the same thing using the Tesla App linked to a bank account. Wait until delivery and inspection of the car and then press "pay" on the app while standing in front of the SA. So not sure Cashier's Check any better ....

Picked up my Long Range Model Y today. All went smoothly with no issues. We saw nothing wrong during our inspection of the vehicle. Very pleased thus far. Glendale Az was the service center location which is 10 miles from our home. I drove to my grandsons home and then let him drive me around a bit in the neighborhood. A great day.
Nice to have at home and had to take a couple pictures even though there is a layer of Az dust on it

Attachments

• IMG_9160.jpeg
    IMG_9160.jpeg
    601.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_9161.jpeg
    IMG_9161.jpeg
    518.1 KB · Views: 85
But you can do the same thing using the Tesla App linked to a bank account. Wait until delivery and inspection of the car and then press "pay" on the app while standing in front of the SA. So not sure Cashier's Check any better ....
All true. But here is the catch - It's very hard to reverse the fund if wire-transferred when dealing with rejected car delivery with Tesla.

There have been posts here with the PITA steps to get the funds refunded or assigned to the next VIN.

Nice to have at home and had to take a couple pictures even though there is a layer of Az dust on it
I just noticed if you zoom I on my house roof you can see the edge of the Tesla Solar panels we use to charge up as well as run our entire home on electric.
Picked up today, no issues. Dropped off for a full wrap and tint.
I like hearing no issues ✅

Reactions: fsb1
All true. But here is the catch - It's very hard to reverse the fund if wire-transferred when dealing with rejected car delivery with Tesla.

There have been posts here with the PITA steps to get the funds refunded or assigned to the next VIN.
But I wouldn't press "send funds" until I've inspected the car thoroughly, accepted it and ready to drive it from dealership. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Last edited: