Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to be exactly 1 month tomorrow for MYP white / white, tow, in the Bay Area. No VIN. Called customer service today, basically no additional information from what is in the app. Delivery window started Apr 22 and keeps inching back. Currently May 17 - May 26, probably May 18 - May 27 tomorrow. There seems to be MYP inventory popping up slowly but surely (with tow, so that can’t be the issue). Wish their EDDs were more accurate so one can plan ahead.
That is quite odd that you don't have a VIN yet. I'm in VA/DC-area and have a later 4/21 OD than you but got a VIN assigned on 5/10. The only thing I can think of is perhaps Tesla is prioritizing delivery for long-distance shipments to pump up their Q2 numbers as in-state orders can likely be fulfilled a lot quicker with less transit time.

Reactions: tiroler
That is quite odd that you don't have a VIN yet. I'm in VA/DC-area and have a later 4/21 OD than you but got a VIN assigned on 5/10. The only thing I can think of is perhaps Tesla is prioritizing delivery for long-distance shipments to pump up their Q2 numbers as in-state orders can likely be fulfilled a lot quicker with less transit time.
They aren't building any white interiors based on available stock that I've been monitoring. The white comes from a different vendor and I'm guessing there's a supply issue. Last white was a performance built May 16th and the one before that was from May 9th when I checked yesterday. Of the hundred plus Model Y stock available vehicles only six are white interiors.

They aren't building any white interiors based on available stock that I've been monitoring. The white comes from a different vendor and I'm guessing there's a supply issue. Last white was a performance built May 16th and the one before that was from May 9th when I checked yesterday. Of the hundred plus Model Y stock available vehicles only six are white interiors.
Makes sense to me. Mine is White, and dates keep getting pushed back.

From Troy Teslike's latest tweet:

Looks MYP backlog went up comapred to 2 weeks before (went from 7 days (0 backlog) to 16 days(1k backlog))
MYLR backlog went down a bit (26k -> 20k units). So on average MYLRs orderd by end of Apr should get a VIN within 4 weeks I guess?
(5k per week production Vs 20k unit backlog)
I’m hoping that is the case. Today is day 1 of week five from OD for me (April 19) and no VIN. EDD has changed 3 times, still at a four-week window. I feel like a whole new degree is needed in order to successfully predict delivery for these lol.

Reactions: Chrisyn and pkmody
I’m hoping that is the case. Today is day 1 of week five from OD for me (April 19) and no VIN. EDD has changed 3 times, still at a four-week window. I feel like a whole new degree is needed in order to successfully predict delivery for these lol.
That would be nice. I'm at 4/24, so even though my date was pushed way out, maybe it will pull back in sooner rather than later.

Where are you getting this information?

(I ask out of curiosity, not out of doubt)

Mine is red on white ordered on 4/30 and I'm still without a VIN. I haven't been waiting as long as BagelBitin, but I'm not too far behind. I'd love to monitor white interior builds just to gauge how things are rolling along.

Where are you getting this information?

(I ask out of curiosity, not out of doubt)

Mine is red on white ordered on 4/30 and I'm still without a VIN. I haven't been waiting as long as BagelBitin, but I'm not too far behind. I'd love to monitor white interior builds just to gauge how things are rolling along.
I ordered on April 16th Blue/white interior. I'm just deducting from spec cars that are available around the country by looking at www.waitingforTesla.com you can sort by trim and interior color and it shows build dates on each and every car. For example there are currently 98 spec cars available in the United States in the Model Y. Of those seven have white interiors, four of them were built in May, with the latest being May 15th (MYP), followed by May 9th (MYLR) and then May 3rd (MYLR). It's definitely possible that there's plenty of white seats and they are just building them on orders but since that information isn't accessible I'm grasping for any straws I can to explain the long delay :(

My order:

MYLR | Blue | 5 seats | Black interior | 19" wheels | No tow
OD: April 8th, Columbus Ohio
Current EDD: May 21st - June 18th
Original EDD: May 16th - June 21st (moved only once on May 10th)
No VIN yet
Trade in process started on April 8th, accepted on April 11th
Finance through Tesla started on April 8th, accepted on April 9th

Not quite sure what's with the no VIN yet. I have received a few text messages about expediting delivery by selecting in inventory vehicles but nothing in Blue and 5 seater really was available, still checking very often. Will stop by at Tesla store over the weekend, see if I am missing something.

I ordered on April 16th Blue/white interior. I'm just deducting from spec cars that are available around the country by looking at www.waitingforTesla.com you can sort by trim and interior color and it shows build dates on each and every car. For example there are currently 98 spec cars available in the United States in the Model Y. Of those seven have white interiors, four of them were built in May, with the latest being May 15th (MYP), followed by May 9th (MYLR) and then May 3rd (MYLR). It's definitely possible that there's plenty of white seats and they are just building them on orders but since that information isn't accessible I'm grasping for any straws I can to explain the long delay :(
Thanks for this additional info. Hopefully we get prioritized soon. Thought about switching to black interior a few times but IMO the white just adds so much to the overall appearance so I guess it’s worth the wait?!?

What’s disappointing to me is that they could easily communicate a potential supply issue instead of constantly giving me EDDs they can’t deliver on. Like how would I get the car today if I don’t even have a VIN, lol?! Love the online buying process but that certainly can be improved upon, especially since the original EDD was April when I ordered it.

Reactions: ERD5406 and gtae07
Thanks for this additional info. Hopefully we get prioritized soon. Thought about switching to black interior a few times but IMO the white just adds so much to the overall appearance so I guess it’s worth the wait?!?

What’s disappointing to me is that they could easily communicate a potential supply issue instead of constantly giving me EDDs they can’t deliver on. Like how would I get the car today if I don’t even have a VIN, lol?! Love the online buying process but that certainly can be improved upon, especially since the original EDD was April when I ordered it.
Mine still just says April-May with no change ever so at least youre seeing change.

Mine still just says April-May with no change ever so at least youre seeing change.
Ugh, sorry that’s brutal. Are you thinking about switching up the order or are you sticking with it?

Just saw a post from someone on Reddit who ordered MYP white / white around Fremont on April 24th (a week after me) and got his VIN and car this week 🤔 he seemed to be getting the same 10 day window that pushes back daily (today it says May 18 - May 27).

Ugh, sorry that’s brutal. Are you thinking about switching up the order or are you sticking with it?

Just saw a post from someone on Reddit who ordered MYP white / white around Fremont on April 24th (a week after me) and got his VIN and car this week 🤔 he seemed to be getting the same 10 day window that pushes back daily (today it says May 18 - May 27).
I really like the way the white looks with the blue so I'm going to try and stick it out cuz fortunately I have a car that I'm able to use but it seems they're prioritizing the more expensive models with the limited resources they have.

Last edited:
I really like the way the light looks with the blue so I'm going to try and stick it out cuz fortunately I have a car that I'm able to use but it seems they're prioritizing the more expensive models with the limited resources they have.
Yeah… I sold my car 3 weeks ago since Carmax gave me a really good deal (private party blue book). Should have checked this forum first and not have trusted the EDD…

Reactions: DanielR26
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
MYLR | Pearl White | 5-seater black | 20” Induction | Tow hitch
OD: April 25
EDD1: April - June
EDD2: May 20-29
VIN: May 15
DD: May 18 (tomorrow!)
Picked up my Y today! 30KMs on the odometer, 52% charge.

Absolutely great experience, everyone was very efficient and professional. I brought my SnapPlate front license plate holder with me, and asked the tech if he could remove my 3M mounted factory front plate holder. He took my car to the back, came back 3 minutes later, and handed me the removed factory front plate holder, so I was able to install my SnapPlate before leaving the delivery center!

3 nice surprises:
1. Wheels came with a set of Eagle F1s mounted, my preferred tire option
2. Front mud flaps came pre-installed, free of charge (I didn’t order them)
3. PPF came pre-installed on the lower rear door corners where rock chips are commonly found — again, free of charge, I didn’t order them

My visual inspection passed with flying colours, big smile on my face the entire drive home from the Vaughan Delivery Center.