Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: Aug 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I am religiously updating the app to see if delivery date is changed I was wondering whether there are any notifications to changes (so that I don’t have to compulsory check) and if there are any specific times when a change is made?
There are no notifications until you get a VIN assigned. Those delivery dates are meaningless until you get to that point anyway.

I liken Tesla changing the estimated delivery dates to the message you get when a company puts you on hold on the phone while waiting to talk with someone. "We appreciate your business, we will get to you as soon as possible, please stay on the line".

Reactions: carlg and Gpa9504
Slipped a week....NOOOOOO!

MYLR
Red
White Interior
19" Wheels
7 Seat
Tow Package
OD: August 1, 2023
ODD: August - September 2023
EDD: August 12 - August 26
VIN: TBD

Well that escalated quickly...I hope it isn't a rejected car!

MYLR
Red
White Interior
19" Wheels
7 Seat
Tow Package
OD: August 1, 2023
ODD: August - September 2023
EDD: August 10-12
VIN: 08/07

There are no notifications until you get a VIN assigned. Those delivery dates are meaningless until you get to that point anyway.

I liken Tesla changing the estimated delivery dates to the message you get when a company puts you on hold on the phone while waiting to talk with someone. "We appreciate your business, we will get to you as soon as possible, please stay on the line".
Thanks for the clarification! I ordered a “Coming soon” in Sweden five days ago. Got the VIN in the final invoice day after placing the order, but no notification about VIN and the number isn’t anywhere in the app. Estimated delivery mid/end of September. Talked briefly with sales assistant and they could only see that vehicle had left the factory, but not if it’s aboard a ship. But I guess coms with the car should be cut when out to sea. Hoping for a quicker delivery, was given augusti estimate on “coming soon” before placing the order.

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks for the clarification! I ordered a “Coming soon” in Sweden five days ago. Got the VIN in the final invoice day after placing the order, but no notification about VIN and the number isn’t anywhere in the app. Estimated delivery mid/end of September. Talked briefly with sales assistant and they could only see that vehicle had left the factory, but not if it’s aboard a ship. But I guess coms with the car should be cut when out to sea. Hoping for a quicker delivery, was given augusti estimate on “coming soon” before placing the order.

Thanks for the reply!
Whoops. I didn't see your location. Please disregard my earlier opinion. I was mostly referring to little delivery date games Tesla plays here in the USA. I don't know squat about overseas. Hope you get your vehicle sooner than later and it's perfect.

As I am religiously updating the app to see if delivery date is changed I was wondering whether there are any notifications to changes (so that I don’t have to compulsory check) and if there are any specific times when a change is made?
Same here.

I noticed that it does not alert you either when there’s a similar build that’s available near by that you can switch to instead of wait. A standard MY popped up near me and was gone an hour later.

MYLR
Red
White Interior
19" Wheels
5 Seat
Tow Package
OD: 8/4/23
ODD: Aug-Sep
EDD: 8/13 - 8/22
VIN: 8/5 Austin build
Delivery: Tustin, CA

Ordered in person at the Newport Beach store so I could talk to them about the fsd transfer. Apparently the $15k for fsd won’t be removed from my order until I have an exact delivery date.

Reactions: tech_kody
You don't get notified. I check the app daily, my MYLR has moved from Aug 6th-13th to Aug 8th-16th. Waiting for a VIN

MYP
Blue
5 Seat - White
OD: Aug 3
EDD: 21 Aug - 04 Sep
VIN: XP7XXXX...

Does anyone know if the EDD is accurate once you got a VIN assigned?
Nope, it could suddenly be earlier or later. Another order couldn't pick up and they move to you. Or the truck carrying the cars breaks down and now you are pushed a week. It's a pretty good guess. When I ordered my M3 in 2019, it took weeks/months to even get a VIN and when I got one, the very next day they called me and said they had a demo with 400 miles and would I want it for a discount and earlier. I took it. So anything can happen.

by
MYLR
Midnight
5 Seat - black
19 " Gemini wheels
OD: Aug 5
ODD: Aug-Sept
EDD: Aug 17 to 26
VIN: Aug 6
update
as a michigander, it is totally different to buy a tesla. I didn't realized this before I placed the order....
when I got the notice of VIN, I received a text and email ask insurance to cover my car... fine.
shortly, I got another msg to ask pay in full according to the michigan law... really?
did a lot of google and also call SA in michigan, was confirmed pay in full in 72 hrs after VIN assigned, otherwise the shipping from CA may be delayed ....
Okay, paid through the App and get a msg soon you can is on the way to michigan...
called SA and was told the my car may arrive middle next week....it is fast and I am happy although I paid in advance...

Thanks to the law makers in Michigan and the big ICE... in addition, i learned that you cannot lease tesla in Michigan. If you choose finanical from Tesla, you will drive to OH to pickup you car.

Reactions: mgeneczko
Do we have to provide insurance prior to getting an exact delivery date? My financing is done and I have a VIN, but just a delivery range. NOt sure if I need to get insurance before a delivery date.
I’m in the same boat and wondering. I got an ins. quote and waiting to get my trade in number and then a definite delivery day and then I’ll do the Insurance. I have a Vin as well.

Do we have to provide insurance prior to getting an exact delivery date? My financing is done and I have a VIN, but just a delivery range. NOt sure if I need to get insurance before a delivery date.

I believe you just have to upload your current auto insurance not insurance specifically for the car. This may depend on the state, but that is all I needed to do in MN.

I believe you just have to upload your current auto insurance not insurance specifically for the car. This may depend on the state, but that is all I needed to do in MN.
Ditto this. It totally depends on the state where you are.
For michigan, it seems like the car should be paid and covered by insurance of buyer before entering michigan......

For michigan, it seems like the car should be paid and covered by insurance of buyer before entering michigan......

I live in NJ and the app is asking me for a document showing the new Vin and that its insured. I'm not doing anything and paying for 2 cars until Tesla gives me a definite delivery date. My insurance company said to call them the day before pick up and add/delete my cars.

Reactions: amylee
I live in California so your state might be different. In CA you just need to take a picture of your current car insurance, not the insurance on the new car. You can call the insurance company the day you get the car and give them the VIN number. I buy my cars so if your financing that could be different.

MYP
Red
5 Seat - Black
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
OD: Aug 8
ODD: Aug-Sept
EDD: Aug 15-24
VIN: Assigned on Aug 10 (Fremont built)

When signing the FSD transfer agreement I asked if he could look and see when it was built or born at the factory, and he said it was showing Aug 9th. I'm stunned at how quickly this has moved. Waiting to get my trade in finalized and then pick a date next week.

Greetings all!

MYLR
Midnight Silver
5 seat black
19" Gemini

OD: 8/10
ODD: Aug - Sep

Am I guaranteed a Fremont build (I live 15 miles north of the factory)? Would like the latest and greatest (Matrix & HW4)...

Will be replacing my trusty 2007 IS 250 (220k miles). Did consider the NX 350h, but now attracted to the Y after the price cuts, tax credit, and CA incentive.

Decided to pull the trigger after the free color change. Silver then Blue were my two choices to stand out from the thousands of white Ys in the Bay Area (haha), also saved $1000 (yay)

Reactions: heems and mgeneczko